Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
73duster

Drives: 2010 camaro ss automatic
Help with estimate on parts and install

Hey guys, i have decided what i want to do with my car. I want the basic longtube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow competition cat back and cold air intake. In addition to that i want to do an LS3 conversion, JRE hot cam kit, Torque converter, Trailing arms and an RX catch can. Obviously i need it installed professionally and tuned. My budget is around $9000. I contacted Ted at Jannetty racing and he told me it would be tight. I wrote back and i'm waiting to see if i can get an estimate to see how far off i am. If i have to, i can stretch my budget, but i'm curious to see if anyone knows what i should expect. Thanks.
73duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Get together with your buddies and install the parts your self! No shop will take care of your car like you will. Or you could get a private installer to do it. Back when I did private installs on LSX cars i would do headers and complete exhaust for about 300, head and cam install (basically the same as LS3 conversion and cam install) for about 250, torque converter install for about 150. If you did all this at the same time i would install the other stuff for free. I take all my tunes to my friend that tunes for about 300.
About 1k for all the work. Texas is crawling with people who do this on the side, too bad you are in NY.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
73duster

Thanks, but i certainly cannot handle that kind of work, and i don't know anyone who can. Jannetty has a great reputation and i don't mind paying fair value for good work. I'd love to do it myself, but this is a brand new car, and it's definately in better hands with a professional.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Even a novice can do everything but the cam, LS3 conversion and torque converter. Save a few bucks and install the headers, exhaust and CAI in your garage.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
PonyCrusher
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
its always fun to get the buddies together and grease up the old hands. it gives you a new appreciation and connection with the car, or an appreciation of how much skill it takes to be a good mechanic haha.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Ron@Vengeance

Drives: 2013 Artic White GrandSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73duster View Post
Hey guys, i have decided what i want to do with my car. I want the basic longtube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow competition cat back and cold air intake. In addition to that i want to do an LS3 conversion, JRE hot cam kit, Torque converter, Trailing arms and an RX catch can. Obviously i need it installed professionally and tuned. My budget is around $9000. I contacted Ted at Jannetty racing and he told me it would be tight. I wrote back and i'm waiting to see if i can get an estimate to see how far off i am. If i have to, i can stretch my budget, but i'm curious to see if anyone knows what i should expect. Thanks.
We are obviously quite far away from NY, but we do offer several performance packages that include a 2 night stay at our local Holiday Inn AND we provide you with a rental for the duration of your stay. I am confident we could meet your budget and have your Camaro built in two business days.

Feel free to check out our website and/or give me a call to discuss your options. We WILL take care of your car as well as you would. Dont believe me? Feel free to WATCH us perform the modifcation
www.VengeanceRacing.net
or call
678-513-7105
Ron@Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Off the top of my head $8-9k is about right.

Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
73duster

Thanks guys, i got a quote back from Ted and it's within my budget, so i'm definately going there when i can.