Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Soloshawn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Cold Air Induction plus a Corsa Cat Back exhaust results

Decided upon chat on this site to buy a Cold Air Induction system from strangely enough Cold air Inductions. The CAI was the highest rated HP performer done by an independent site that was posted here. Not only do they perform great they look fantastic. I chose mine to have a ceramic black finish instead of the stock aluminum. Took the local kid about 30 minutes to put in. The sound alone from this was worth the price alone. Also on this site I chose from Camaro 5 the Corsa Cat Back exhaust for an extreme discounted price. Shipping was fast and easy and sounded even sweeter. I had had my 2011 SS/RS dyno tuned when I first got it in July. Stock was 322.64 Rear wheel HP with torque at 335.51. It was tuned for the fuel injection and timing to 327.56 RRHP and 345.78 torque. After the installation of the CAI and Corsa I could certainly feel the difference from a start and out onto the freeway. Tuned it again on the dyno at Carb Connections in Kirkland, washington and came out with 342.57 RRHP and 355.88 torque.
For traditional HP figures that came out to 427 HP or a 27 HP increase from stock for less than $2,000. I like it. The tradition for many performance increase is $100 per HP so this came out to be a good deal.
Soloshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
How about a sound clip to go along with this posting??
Old 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloshawn View Post
Decided upon chat on this site to buy a Cold Air Induction system from strangely enough Cold air Inductions. The CAI was the highest rated HP performer done by an independent site that was posted here. Not only do they perform great they look fantastic. I chose mine to have a ceramic black finish instead of the stock aluminum. Took the local kid about 30 minutes to put in. The sound alone from this was worth the price alone. Also on this site I chose from Camaro 5 the Corsa Cat Back exhaust for an extreme discounted price. Shipping was fast and easy and sounded even sweeter. I had had my 2011 SS/RS dyno tuned when I first got it in July. Stock was 322.64 Rear wheel HP with torque at 335.51. It was tuned for the fuel injection and timing to 327.56 RRHP and 345.78 torque. After the installation of the CAI and Corsa I could certainly feel the difference from a start and out onto the freeway. Tuned it again on the dyno at Carb Connections in Kirkland, washington and came out with 342.57 RRHP and 355.88 torque.
For traditional HP figures that came out to 427 HP or a 27 HP increase from stock for less than $2,000. I like it. The tradition for many performance increase is $100 per HP so this came out to be a good deal.
How much did u pay for your CAI
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'd love a sound clip as well! I have a CAI Inc CAI and I want a Corsa catback. After wheels that'll probably be my next mod. Then I'll do headers, but that's probably a couple years out I'm trying to keep my warranty intact just in case something does blow up!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
man thats awesome you should get some headers now...

Off topic: cab2g i just have to say you have a beautiful car
10spokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloshawn View Post
Fantastic post! Hard numbers from exactly what you have done. I am slowly moving toward the same mods. I did just order a VMax ported throttle body that will go on first. You might want to check it out. Same sort of idea. Easy bolt on that helps the car breath better. Can you post up a clip with sound? Since I want the same mods I would be very interested in how it sounds.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i've got the same exact setup but added solo hiflo cats too. even better sound.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
man thats awesome you should get some headers now...

Off topic: cab2g i just have to say you have a beautiful car
Thank You!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Tricky's SS

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Where did you purchase the cai and exhaust?
Tricky's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Just wait till you put LT's on, he he he. It will get sooo much better.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Soloshawn

The exhaust I got from Morano Racing for $1,145.99 as advertised. The Airbox was from Cold Air Inductions (Google it) for $466.88. Add $300 for Dyno tuning. Sorry I don't have the camera for video taping the exhaust sound. There is no drone at highway speed. It is more rumbly when started and down low in the rpm. Yu can also hear it when in the mid range when you stomp on it. It never is irritating to you or your neighbors. I had two cops come up to listen to it just for the sound and not the noise. Weird cops. You could get get the Borla exhausts and have an equally god time. I do swear by the airbox by CAI as looking clean, professional and effective.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I think 95% of that HP came from the CAI. You could have an even better HP per $.

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
Soloshawn

According to the Jannety report the CAI system gave 13 RRHP. According to my Dyno test I think that you are correct. I had 327.56 RRHP after the initial tune and after installation of the CAI and Corse I gained 16RRHP. So only a 3 RRHP difference with the Cat Back Corsa's for an actual 82% from the CAI. Or 36 RRHP. So for instant HP on the cheap order a CAI from CAI or another that scored high on the Jannety report.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Really glad to hear how happy you are with our system, its what makes it all worth it for us. Great post and information!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
Robbie1227

Drives: 2010 Summit 2SS/RS M6
I have the CAI and the Corsa catback along with Kooks headers and hi-Flo cats.
This combo rocks!
I love the way it sounds and wouldn't have it any other way.
CAI with ADM Race Scoop
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust
Kooks 1 7/8" Jet Hot Coated LT headers and hi-flo cats
LSR Short Throw Shifter
Red Brembo Brakes, SSBrake lines, Castrol SRF, and Hawk HPS pads
Tuned by Torq (405 RWHP and 389 RWTQ)
Summit White GM GFX kit
Robbie1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1227 View Post
I have the CAI and the Corsa catback along with Kooks headers and hi-Flo cats.
This combo rocks!
I love the way it sounds and wouldn't have it any other way.
Nice!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote