Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Blacklite
 
Blacklite's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 30
2008 Jeep Wrangler X

Anyone know if they come with hardtops? I've been doing some research for my brother but all of the ones I see online have softops. Any ideas?
Blacklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Had a 99 wrangler and then an 08 both two door. They come standard with a soft top. Hard top is a dealer installed accessory. Check eBay/craigslist for used ones.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Blacklite
 
Blacklite's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Had a 99 wrangler and then an 08 both two door. They come standard with a soft top. Hard top is a dealer installed accessory. Check eBay/craigslist for used ones.
Sweet. Thanks. Now another question, for the hardtop is it a one size fits all kinda thing or do different models have different hardtops?
Blacklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,545
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite View Post
Sweet. Thanks. Now another question, for the hardtop is it a one size fits all kinda thing or do different models have different hardtops?
Well, all the jk's should fit that aren't unlimiteds.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite View Post
Sweet. Thanks. Now another question, for the hardtop is it a one size fits all kinda thing or do different models have different hardtops?
The hard tops are for each model. As the X has a different length then the rubicon, etc etc
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Blacklite
 
Blacklite's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 30
Thanks guys. One last question however.

What is this Rubicon model? name sounds cool and I personally think its the nicest looking one, but whats up with it? I don't understand if its a limited edition or what.
Blacklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...
 
JKLNHYD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS, 6SPD, IOM, Blk Int
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite View Post
Thanks guys. One last question however.

What is this Rubicon model? name sounds cool and I personally think its the nicest looking one, but whats up with it? I don't understand if its a limited edition or what.
The Rubicon model is for those who will go off road into some pretty rough and rocky terrain. The axles are heavy duty Dana 44 with selectable lockers for true 4WD, the transfer case has a 4:1 ratio as opposed to the other models that are 2.72:1. This means the torque in Low range 4WD with the lockers engaged, you can basically just steer the Jeep as it crawls over some pretty big boulders and such, very controlled and capable. The Rubicon comes with some other things too like skids plates and the driveshafts connect differently so if you break one on a trail, you can still get out without losing transfer case fluid. Tires are usually different too, both size-wise and tread is usually a serious mud terrain tread so they can be a bit loud over 30mph. If you're not going to put a lift kit on it and go rock crawling with it, then save the cash and pass on the Rubicon. Stick with the Jeep Wrangler Sport and you'll have the same amount of fun!
__________________
TEAM LLT !!!

"SURSUM AB ORDINE"


JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
Blacklite
 
Blacklite's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
The Rubicon model is for those who will go off road into some pretty rough and rocky terrain. The axles are heavy duty Dana 44 with selectable lockers for true 4WD, the transfer case has a 4:1 ratio as opposed to the other models that are 2.72:1. This means the torque in Low range 4WD with the lockers engaged, you can basically just steer the Jeep as it crawls over some pretty big boulders and such, very controlled and capable. The Rubicon comes with some other things too like skids plates and the driveshafts connect differently so if you break one on a trail, you can still get out without losing transfer case fluid. Tires are usually different too, both size-wise and tread is usually a serious mud terrain tread so they can be a bit loud over 30mph. If you're not going to put a lift kit on it and go rock crawling with it, then save the cash and pass on the Rubicon. Stick with the Jeep Wrangler Sport and you'll have the same amount of fun!
Many thanks!
Blacklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forza 3 update - full car list & new trailer Sean@Phastek Off-topic Discussions 7 10-09-2009 11:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.