Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
SOLD PREORDERS ENDS 3/15

Starting Thursday, January 29, 2009, dealers can begin to submit through Order Workbench stock orders for the 2010 Camaro.

Customer sold orders will continue to be accepted, and will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity if the sold orders are submitted by March 15, 2009. Sold orders submitted prior to March 15, 2009, will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit and a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity will be added by GM, and appear in such places as the invoice and window label.



CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,714
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
ummmmm whats the code do for us
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
2010 SS
Elderly Man
 
2010 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Your Local Bus
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 214
So what happens if I order after?
__________________
2010 SS is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,209
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
ummmmm whats the code do for us
Good question. Better question is how many dealers are going to now screw their pre-order people and get lot (stock) cars in first?
trm0002 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Sean_W
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 659
Ok, so if my dealer has already put my order in like all of the others have way back in October, is there something new he has to do? If I have an order number on a printed paper with my order breakdown, am I (and the dealer good to go)?

I'm just a little confused here, and want to make sure myself and the dealer on on the same page.

Just curious, this isn't the same kit that was sent out (the 2nd letter) and came with the picture of the car and code to the special website is it?

Sean
Sean_W is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
if you order after - you don't get the kit, or the code recognizing it as a PRE ORDER car.

This other ordering appears to be seperate from the sold orders - possibly the floor cars (V6's).....Not worthy of a crisis - all the info is JUST starting to become available.
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Thanks Scotty. That is pretty cool. GM is acknowledging those people who pre-ordered by making a special designation on the car. Very cool.
__________________
camaropete is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
That said, for dealers who sold their "estimated guide number" or what has been referred to as "allocation" on here - they can accept more orders over that, if you are patient. Again with ANY order under or over the guide number, they make no promises that the car will be built....So those wanting a car in late 2009 - might be able to jump on board and get on the tail end of this.
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Starting Thursday, January 29, 2009, dealers can begin to submit through Order Workbench stock orders for the 2010 Camaro.

Customer sold orders will continue to be accepted, and will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity if the sold orders are submitted by March 15, 2009. Sold orders submitted prior to March 15, 2009, will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit and a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity will be added by GM, and appear in such places as the invoice and window label.



I would have loved R6P to trigger the factory putting "Enthusiast Edition" badges on the car. That would certainly be recognition to those who bought sight unseen.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
^^^Oooh, now that's a nice idea!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
I feel the need for a pole! Give me a few minutes....
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Go for it!!!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,209
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I feel the need for a pole! Give me a few minutes....
I hope he doesn't spell it pole...
trm0002 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #14
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Does this change anything with finalizing our pre-order options?

I have my pre-order, I just want to know when's the deadline for changing the options if I change my mind (just in case)
Ry4nVan is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,209
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Does this change anything with finalizing our pre-order options?

I have my pre-order, I just want to know when's the deadline for changing the options if I change my mind (just in case)
As far as I'm concerned, you can change your order right up until the dealer matches your order to a vehicle from consensus that GM tells him is available to him and presses the ENTER button.
trm0002 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I hope he doesn't spell it pole...
Damn!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,209
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Damn!
All in good fun my friend... all in good fun.
trm0002 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
franknbeans
Whipped
 
franknbeans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh-ish - PA
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Ok, so if my dealer has already put my order in like all of the others have way back in October, is there something new he has to do? If I have an order number on a printed paper with my order breakdown, am I (and the dealer good to go)?

I'm just a little confused here, and want to make sure myself and the dealer on on the same page.

Just curious, this isn't the same kit that was sent out (the 2nd letter) and came with the picture of the car and code to the special website is it?

Sean
I'm with Sean here. . . Does our dealers have to resubmit the order in workbench?
__________________
The "ManCard"

franknbeans is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
nol300
 
Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 328
No the sold orders in the system will be automatically picked up by the priority assuming no constraints on any options on that car. If there was a constraint it would jump to the next sold order but once in the sytem they will automatically be picked up and order will change from peliminary accepted to accepted by gm production control
nol300 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
TampaBayCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 181
Uhhhhh... he said pole. I really don;t like poles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well.........a Subaru Screamed --

..........and a Mustang wet itself.....................

...................and someone from Dodge quickly put their hands over the headlights of the Challenger......................
TampaBayCamaro is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #21
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,209
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I'm with Sean here. . . Does our dealers have to resubmit the order in workbench?
Good question. It appears that they have to open your order and simply add the R6P code. Unless they set up a default where R6P is automatically added to orders generated prior to March 15th.
trm0002 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #22
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Good question. It appears that they have to open your order and simply add the R6P code. Unless they set up a default where R6P is automatically added to orders generated prior to March 15th.

I don't think they will add the option to dealer lot cars currently being ordered.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
kanys

 
kanys's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by nol300 View Post
No the sold orders in the system will be automatically picked up by the priority assuming no constraints on any options on that car. If there was a constraint it would jump to the next sold order but once in the sytem they will automatically be picked up and order will change from peliminary accepted to accepted by gm production control
Ok so if I ordered a while ago, will my order be automatically sent in if my dealer entered it as "sold" back in Oct? Or do I have to contact him and ask him to enter it manually into the system?
kanys is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #24
Ject
aka Patrick
 
Ject's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Derby Kansas
Posts: 3,096
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
ANY order under or over the guide number, they make no promises that the car will be built..
This makes me sad since I put mine on order after their allocation was filled..... I hope they build mine otherwise ordering it was kinda pointless lol...

ohwell, time shall tell.
__________________
Current Modifications: Your average Bolt-ons & Suspension Upgrades
GForce Engineering: 9" Rear End, Strange Pro Iron Case w/Moser Nodular 3.70:1 Detroit locker, 3.5" Solid Drive Shaft
Ject is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Ok so if I ordered a while ago, will my order be automatically sent in if my dealer entered it as "sold" back in Oct? Or do I have to contact him and ask him to enter it manually into the system?
Just make sure he has it in the system and you're good to go!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Sales -- 6,000 Sold orders 84% SS V8! Txturbo 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 299 07-30-2010 11:46 AM
How many Camaros need to be sold? TheClassicCarKid 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 01-16-2009 07:34 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
I say GM Forget Allotments and send to dealers with sold cars. Scott@Bjorn3D Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 27 12-10-2008 01:49 PM
Additional allocation after 15000 sold orders? rolnslo Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 5 10-26-2008 07:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.