Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
MIKENSC2SS

Drives: BLACK 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/LS3
Exhuast help please... Solo high flow cats...

Ok, so im looking to get a set a Solo High Flow Cats and a SLP Loudmouth axle back. First, what do you think of that combo? Second, what would be a good x-pipe to replace the factory set up? The only other up grade I have is a K&N cold air intake.
MIKENSC2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
jpizzle007

Drives: '10 LS3, '11 328i, '78 El Camino
I just ordered a pair of Solo HFC. I already have an MBRP cat back which has the x-pipe. Exhaust is a very subjective subject, you can't go by what other people say.

Youtube sucks too, its hard to tell what it sounds like, but its better than nothing. If you are wanting an xpipe, I recommend just ordering a cat back.
Custom stainless steel catch-can, Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI, T-304 MBRP 3" CB, Solo HiFlow Cats, TSW Interlagos Matte Black, Nitto Invos 275/315, SkipShift Eliminator, MGW ShortThrow Shifter, Flux Capacitor - fully tweeked
jpizzle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
MIKENSC2SS

Well a cat back is definitely an option but I would like some sort of straight pipe set up. Which Cat back could get me closer to that?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
2011SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
If you like the Solo hi-flow cats, go with the Solo mach-xl cat back. (x pipe resonator with muffler delete). It's a great combination and sounds awesome with very little drone.

SPARKS SS emblems, PUTCO mailslot led, AAC led side markers,
AUTOLUMINATION drl's, f/r turn sig,dome, trunk, license led's,
SOUTHERN CAR PARTS sequential turn signals,
BIG WORM GRAPHICS hood spears, mail slot, gills
3M CRYSTALLINE 40% window tint
HURST shifter/plate, GMPARTS quarter flares
RPI flat black bezels and rjt license plate frame
STREET SCENE chin splitter

2011SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
For the LS3 you'll want the Solo Mach-X, the XL is for the L99. I agree this would be a great setup instaed of an X pipe and loudmouths. I had the LM II's and removed them for the Mach-X and wow what a difference! A catback will give you a much better sound than just axle backs, even with an added x-pipe. Also, a complete catback is a tuned system, better sound and performance, IMO! Oh, and the Solo high flows cats were definatly THE BEST mod I've done! Great bang for the buck both sound and performance!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
MIKENSC2SS

Thanks guys. Would the Solo Mach-x work with GM GFX?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKENSC2SS View Post
Thanks guys. Would the Solo Mach-x work with GM GFX?
Yes it does. They do have a more square tip you can get and have it welded on. The Solo Mach X exhaust has an amazing deep note that you have to hear. The system contains 2 mirrored pipes (same on both sides) and outside of the single X-Pipe Resonator is basically straight pipe with very nice DOuble walled tips. I love my set-up, wouldn't give it up for any other system out there.

Go for the SOLO, you will not regret it!! And by the way, the price point is sweet as well!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
If you want a nice strait pipe exhaust check out the Stainless Works Retro Dual Chambered Cat Back. Very nice system. It is very aggressive and ans sounds AWESOME!
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, 21" whls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Yes it does. They do have a more square tip you can get and have it welded on. The Solo Mach X exhaust has an amazing deep note that you have to hear. The system contains 2 mirrored pipes (same on both sides) and outside of the single X-Pipe Resonator is basically straight pipe with very nice DOuble walled tips. I love my set-up, wouldn't give it up for any other system out there.

Go for the SOLO, you will not regret it!! And by the way, the price point is sweet as well!!
Just curious to what the price point is that you're talking about?