Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
obe1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM, 1995 Blown Z28
ADM Race Scoop - Rain an issue?

Anyone using the scoop have an issue with their filter getting wet driving in the rain?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I have wondered that myself. Down here in sunny Florida it occasionaly rains like Noah is in the house.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
coronado89

Drives: 2010 SS F1-D procharger,
no issues.. just put it on.. it works great!!
coronado89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
There are some gaps at the bottom folds that allow water to drain. Also, the top of the scoop is about a foot below the bottom of the air box.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
i could find out if it would stop snowing and let me install it :(

CAI intake w/ ADM air scoop, Rotofab W/W Reservoir, Hurst Shifter, Skip-Shift Eliminator
AAC lighting, Kooks headers w/ high flow cats and Borla ATAK cat-back, Heritage Grill

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
No worries at all with this one... As Orange said... there's a nice gap between the scoop and the Air Filter above it. The scoop just directs the air flow up but water would just drop out.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
maybe if you are going 200mph in a torrential down poor???

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
over year w/ one and no wet filter...
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
cool.....just got back from ADM's shop where I picked up a scoop. Hope to put it on tonight.

Some nice looking stuff going on it that shop!
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
obe1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM, 1995 Blown Z28
Thanks for all the inputs! Sounds like it's a non-issue
Old 01-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
maybe if you are going 200mph in a torrential down poor???
I think that would be fun. Maybe someone should test this....
:happy anim:

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Anyone think there is gains to be had by this scoop with rotofab intake. If so do you think it would need to go on before the tune or would after be ok?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Anyone think there is gains to be had by this scoop with rotofab intake. If so do you think it would need to go on before the tune or would after be ok?
Absolutley worth adding to the Roto-Fab......or any CAI that is being blocked by the washer bottle.

I just walked in the door after putting on the ADM Scoop with my Halltech. Man there is no way this can't be a major help. The scoop gives you all kinds of air.

I just drove it from my dad's shop home....about a 5 mile drive.....so I didn't get a ton of seat time. The radio said it was 42 outside and I'll tell you.....with the ported TB and the scoop... Even with traction control on I'm starting to get to the point where the tires will break loose by just hammering the throttle. Part of that is the cold night but it's definately feeling very strong! The throttle response is awesome compared to what it was.

I don't see how those of you with 500+ HP can get any traction on the street. Not that I'm racing.....just hammering on it every once in a while of course.

I'm going to be posting up my pics probably tomorrow.

BTW: My car is already tuned and Andy @ ADM said there would be no need to re-tune by just adding the scoop.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #14
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Absolutley worth adding to the Roto-Fab......or any CAI that is being blocked by the washer bottle.

I just walked in the door after putting on the ADM Scoop with my Halltech. Man there is no way this can't be a major help. The scoop gives you all kinds of air.

I just drove it from my dad's shop home....about a 5 mile drive.....so I didn't get a ton of seat time. The radio said it was 42 outside and I'll tell you.....with the ported TB and the scoop... Even with traction control on I'm starting to get to the point where the tires will break loose by just hammering the throttle. Part of that is the cold night but it's definately feeling very strong! The throttle response is awesome compared to what it was.

I don't see how those of you with 500+ HP can get any traction on the street. Not that I'm racing.....just hammering on it every once in a while of course.

BTW: My car is already tuned and Andy @ ADM said there would be no need to re-tune by just adding the scoop.

Are you replacing the washer bottle or going without?

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Are you replacing the washer bottle or going without?
I made a new washer bottle. The new Roto-Fab washer bottle should work for most of the other CAIs except for the Halltech. It has a very large heat shield to capture more air. Of course price might come into play as well. I was able to add my bottle plus buy the scoop for less than the retail price of Roto-Fab's bottle. Theirs looks more factory though. It looks really nice and I probably would've used it if it would've fit.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126245
Build Journal
Old 01-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Traction in a 500 rwhp car is difficult but with some feathering of the throttle and close attention to your opponents distance from you; you can really learn whne you need the power. Its nice to punch it a smoke the socks off the other car but you wont do that in a 500 rwhp car you have to lay into it no more than needed and creep into boost and take them off 1 car length at a time until your 2-3 in front of them kinda makes your car look slower but in the end you won! I will buy this this week and get it on and see whats up on the dyno power wise.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

I agree on the question you ask the supercharged crew because im Cammed with both a ported throttle body and intake along with the ADM air scoop and when I step into the throttle she gets squirmy VERY Quickly and thats even with front and rear Pfadt sways and Trailing arms.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote