Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
Mustang forum and Top Gear

I joined the mustang forum for S&G's and to read about the poopstang. Seems like they have a lot of happy owners just like the Camaro. One guy traded in his 2010 SS for a 2011 5.0 and said the WOW factor was a lot more with the Mustang.

Curious if anyone here already traded a 5.0 mustang for a 2011 SS?

Also I was really excited about the show "Top Gear." I can not even get through an entire episode without getting bored. I wonder if they are going to cancel it????
Dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
the american top gear is god awful.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
the american top gear is god awful.
Agreed. They need to get rid of the hillbilly and the city slicker who knows nothing about cars. Have the pros produce the show too.
ackeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I wont read other forums about that stuff. I DON'T care what the reviews say. I've always wanted a Camaro. The mustang is probably nice but its not my style.

As for Top Gear? It's rubbish!!

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Personal opinion is like an a-hole everybody has one - and they usually stink.

I honestly believe that people have certain attractions in their DNA...Mustang guys are Mustang guys, Dodge guys are Dodge guys, and Camaro people are correct! (Kidding). It cannot be explained how this attraction becomes ingrained in your DNA, it just happens. A Camaro lover is going to be able to tell you when and where he/she fell in love with the brand and why. Same for the Mustang person. Same for the Dodge person.

Simple answer to all of this: Buy what you like, enjoy it, and do not be a dick and try to push your beliefs on anyone else.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you join any forum, the people there are generally going to be pretty happy with the topic. You've got to figure that when someone joins a discussion board, they are an above average enthusiast. The average person who buys a car uses it to go places, but guys on car forums see their vehicles as a representation of who they are. I'm glad to see the Mustang crowd is happy with the car they chose, bit let's not confuse our competitors with our equals.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Dosin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
If you join any forum, the people there are generally going to be pretty happy with the topic. You've got to figure that when someone joins a discussion board, they are an above average enthusiast. The average person who buys a car uses it to go places, but guys on car forums see their vehicles as a representation of who they are. I'm glad to see the Mustang crowd is happy with the car they chose, bit let's not confuse our competitors with our equals.

I am a happy camaro owner but I will not have a biased opinion on it. I will tell it the way it is in my opinion.

1. Camaro looks better than the mustang. 2. Mustang is faster but I don't care. 3. Mustangs sound way better than camaros which I am envious of. 4. I hate that my 2SS gets around 11 MPG average driving to work in town. (I know I bought a V8 but my V8 truck does better than that in town) 5. Did I mention Camaro looks way better. Big Plus
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
c-dub
It's that guy

Drives: 2011 SIM SS/RS
only 11? wow dude do you floor it everywhere? lol the majority of my driving is in town and I'm still averaging around 16-17.

ALSO: I test drove all of the "modern muscle cars" before I got the Camaro. The only reason I got the Camaro is because everytime I see one I oogle and rubber neck the hell out of it and if I had gotten anything else I'd still be doing it..(although I still mean-mug the challenger guys and am envious of their pistol grip shifter)
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
Dosin

only 11? wow dude do you floor it everywhere? lol the majority of my driving is in town and I'm still averaging around 16-17.

That is what the computer calculated regularly. I have about 8 miles drive to work that is all stop lights. I never floor it or burn the tires but just enough to hear sweet music of the internal explosion yielding global warming. just kiddin.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
skittleoncrack

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (LS3, 150-Shot N2O)
Mustang faster.... only in the 1/4 and only stock to stock. easier, cheaper, and more bang in modding the camaro. Plus everyone knows that LS motors tend to perform best up top... (especially the LS2) Have a 5.0 start trying to play with you at 55mph.. then watch how fast you pull away when you drop down to second..

And isn't the mustang still a live axle? If so I seriously doubt it will handle as well as the camaro through a road course. Plus I'd much rather have IRS for the curvy mountain roads.
skittleoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
i've have my Camaro for almost a year. i drove it back home to NH and people were breaking thier necks to look at it as i drove by! i'm stationed in NC and i still get comments from people ive never met before. esspecially at gas stations and store parking lots. it never gets old for me! i fully enjoy my Camaro!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
oh yeah, here in easter nc, the mustang is a "me to" car. i.e. "you have a mustang? ME TO!" everybody and thier kid brother has a mustang here....why? b/c they're cheap pos's! dime a dozen.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosin View Post
I am a happy camaro owner but I will not have a biased opinion on it. I will tell it the way it is in my opinion.

1. Camaro looks better than the mustang. 2. Mustang is faster but I don't care. 3. Mustangs sound way better than camaros which I am envious of. 4. I hate that my 2SS gets around 11 MPG average driving to work in town. (I know I bought a V8 but my V8 truck does better than that in town) 5. Did I mention Camaro looks way better. Big Plus
You either jack-rabbit start like crazy or something is wrong with the car. My SS gets 17.8 average (I reset every fill up to verify) and I dont have any highway miles in a normal week.

I thing the new Mustang is a pretty nice car, just not my style. I like the looks of the Camaro way better.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
Dosin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
You either jack-rabbit start like crazy or something is wrong with the car. My SS gets 17.8 average (I reset every fill up to verify) and I dont have any highway miles in a normal week.

I thing the new Mustang is a pretty nice car, just not my style. I like the looks of the Camaro way better.
Thanks. I will make sure I do not have an issue. I thought 11ish is low but i chalked it up to all town driving. I will not be driving the car for a month or two due to the salt on the roads.