Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
GM told my dealer they can start placing official orders on the 6th of February

I recieved a phone call from one of the salemen at my dealership yesterday. He told me that they just found out from GM that they can start placing official orders on February the 6th! He said that since my Camaro is the 2nd one that my order may not go through on the 6th but it should go through soon after that at worst. This is great news for me! Has anyone else been told from their dealer which day they can start placing official orders, and if so what are the dates?

P.S.
The two pictures below are from the Virginia Beach Auto Show. The Camaro is the IBM 2LT/RS which was there.
Attached Images
  
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
I recieved a phone call from one of the salemen at my dealership yesterday. He told me that they just found out from GM that they can start placing official orders on February the 6th! He said that since my Camaro is the 2nd one that my order may not go through on the 6th but it should go through soon after that at worst. This is great news for me! Has anyone else been told from their dealer which day they can start placing official orders, and if so what are the dates?

P.S.
The two pictures below are from the Virginia Beach Auto Show. The Camaro is the IBM 2LT/RS which was there.
The date is correct. ALL dealers will know on that date what they can or can't order for March delivery then. My guess is that most won't be able to order any because of the big V6 run. IMO, only the big boys, Classic, Paddock, etc. have a good chance of being to able to order a couple for March. Most will have to wait until April to get their "firsts". JUST MY OPINION.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
Do you think that dealers will be able to order their V6 demo cars for March delivery? I had read in another thread that all Chevrolet dealers will have a V6 camaro at their dealarship which they will use to sell more Camaros. It will not be sold, but rather will be used for people to test drive.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
Do you think that dealers will be able to order their V6 demo cars for March delivery? I had read in another thread that all Chevrolet dealers will have a V6 camaro at their dealarship which they will use to sell more Camaros. It will not be sold, but rather will be used for people to test drive.
First thing to happen is each dealer will get a V6 that doesn't count against their allocation. So, yes, IMO, most dealers should have that car within a month of production start- mid April. It can not be spec'd out. AFAIK they can do what they want with it, including sell it.

Friday, each dealer will find out what they can or can't order in addition to that car for March delivery. Then, in March, they'll find out what they can order for April, etc...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
mmarcum
 
mmarcum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East TN
Posts: 292
This suspense is seriously killing me.

I feel like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit. "NEED INPUT!!"
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
First thing to happen is each dealer will get a V6 that doesn't count against their allocation. So, yes, IMO, most dealers should have that car within a month of production start- mid April. It can not be spec'd out. AFAIK they can do what they want with it, including sell it.

Friday, each dealer will find out what they can or can't order in addition to that car for March delivery. Then, in March, they'll find out what they can order for April, etc...
That is interesting. My dealer tells me that they were told they will get 12 Camaros between February and July. Of course with the 1 month delay in production start that would now be 12 between March and August. If you do the math that is 2.4 Camaros per month. Since mine the #2 at the dealer I supose I can wish for the best scenario which would have my Camaro arriving at the dealarship in April!
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
That is interesting. My dealer tells me that they were told they will get 12 Camaros between February and July. Of course with the 1 month delay in production start that would now be 12 between March and August. If you do the math that is 2.4 Camaros per month. Since mine the #2 at the dealer I supose I can wish for the best scenario which would have my Camaro arriving at the dealarship in April!
If your dealer has 12 cars total, all Chevy has said is they expect to have filled all the pre-orders by October. My guess is that is a SAFE estimate and that all will be filled by August/September. IMO, March and April don't exist for all intents and purposes because of the "each dealer gets a V6" initial run unless, as I said, you're at one of the "big boys" who are getting 40, 50, and in some cases, 60+ cars. I think they'll start to see theirs in the April run and it'll go from there. I happen to be 1st in line at the 2nd largest with 63 allotted but I'm thinking of jumping ship because I found another dealer who is willing to accept supplier discount. It will most likely push my delivery out a month or two since their allocation is only 31 but $1500 is $1500...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
If your dealer has 12 cars total, all Chevy has said is they expect to have filled all the pre-orders by October. My guess is that is a SAFE estimate and that all will be filled by August/September. IMO, March and April don't exist for all intents and purposes because of the "each dealer gets a V6" initial run unless, as I said, you're at one of the "big boys" who are getting 40, 50, and in some cases, 60+ cars. I think they'll start to see theirs in the April run and it'll go from there. I happen to be 1st in line at the 2nd largest with 63 allotted but I'm thinking of jumping ship because I found another dealer who is willing to accept supplier discount. It will most likely push my delivery out a month or two since their allocation is only 31 but $1500 is $1500...
So your supplier discount would be $1500? I would assume if you are thinking about jumping ship you can get your deposit back from your current dealer. My dealer most likely won't take the supplier discount since I have no previous written agreement for them to do so, however I have a GM card with $1400 worth of discount points. They told me they would gladly accept the GM card since it does not affect their bottom line in any way.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
So your supplier discount would be $1500? I would assume if you are thinking about jumping ship you can get your deposit back from your current dealer. My dealer most likely won't take the supplier discount since I have no previous written agreement for them to do so, however I have a GM card with $1400 worth of discount points. They told me they would gladly accept the GM card since it does not affect their bottom line in any way.
I'm guessing around $1500. There is no hard pricing that I've seen for supplier but I have seen employee and also read that supplier is 4% above employee on average. So it's a guess, but an educated guess. As far as getting my other deposit back, even the dealer I'm looking to go to told me that because I actually signed a document saying the deposit was non-refundable, they can keep it. Will they? I would hope not considering the car hasn't actually been pulled for production yet. They have no exposure at this point with regards to getting "stuck" with it. But, they can. That would be a $500 hit. I'd still be a grand ahead. Can't make it any easier than that...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
So your supplier discount would be $1500? I would assume if you are thinking about jumping ship you can get your deposit back from your current dealer. My dealer most likely won't take the supplier discount since I have no previous written agreement for them to do so, however I have a GM card with $1400 worth of discount points. They told me they would gladly accept the GM card since it does not affect their bottom line in any way.
Now I'm NOT POSITIVE but I would swear I read there was a cap on GM card earnings of $1000. DO NOT take that as the gospel truth but be sure to check on it.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Now I'm NOT POSITIVE but I would swear I read there was a cap on GM card earnings of $1000. DO NOT take that as the gospel truth but be sure to check on it.
Concerning the $1000 cap, GM currently puts that cap on the Corvette, Solstice, and Sky. There may also be others which I am not aware of. If GM allows the GM card to be used on the Camaro (and I expect them to) I would say they would cap it at $1000 also. I would be ok with that because $1000 takes care of my sunroof option, and gives me $100 to boot.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 15 Chevy Impala 2LTZ
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
That is interesting. My dealer tells me that they were told they will get 12 Camaros between February and July. Of course with the 1 month delay in production start that would now be 12 between March and August. If you do the math that is 2.4 Camaros per month. Since mine the #2 at the dealer I supose I can wish for the best scenario which would have my Camaro arriving at the dealarship in April!
Just because you are number 2 at your dealership does not mean your car will be the second one they get. all it means is it will be the second order they place, even one that was ordered after yours still may come in before yours it's based on actual production and option availability. I am sorry to tell you but they do not necessarliy build cars in the order the order is recieved.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
CanadianCamaro

 
CanadianCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,014
^^^ Very True


Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
Concerning the $1000 cap, GM currently puts that cap on the Corvette, Solstice, and Sky. There may also be others which I am not aware of. If GM allows the GM card to be used on the Camaro (and I expect them to) I would say they would cap it at $1000 also. I would be ok with that because $1000 takes care of my sunroof option, and gives me $100 to boot.
^^^ There is a cap on EVERY vehicle - it's just that some are larger than others. I'm not positive, but I think the minimum I've seem (here in Canada) is $1000 and the maximum I've see (again, in Canada) is $2500. I'm guessing the 'Maro will be $1000 - $1500. Should go nicely with my other $2200 discount.
__________________

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Just because you are number 2 at your dealership does not mean your car will be the second one they get. all it means is it will be the second order they place, even one that was ordered after yours still may come in before yours it's based on actual production and option availability. I am sorry to tell you but they do not necessarliy build cars in the order the order is recieved.
I realize that my car is not guaranteed to be the 2nd one delivered to the dealer. The dealer told me that when they are allowed to order the 2nd Camaro they may be told they have to order one which does not match my order. They said at that time they would call me to tell me what the situation was. I could then change to match what they have to order (which I would not) or simply move back to #3. Concerning the build sequence not matching the order in which the cars were ordered, I guess I had not thought about that. Either way I am certainly not banking on getting my car in April. It is just nice to dream a little.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
Looking for a new dealer.... (Dealer Transcript) GreySteele06 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 41 12-18-2008 05:42 AM
important information (from the GM release) littlecammi Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 5 10-12-2008 10:13 AM
Dealer allocation now available Txturbo Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 41 10-12-2008 09:10 AM
Dealers Will Start Taking Orders In Oct. ckellyme3 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 09-04-2008 08:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.