Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
malloyevelyn110

Drives: jeep
good job. how long did it take?

malloyevelyn110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I installed the ADM Race CAI and scoop on my Camaro. The Race CAI lid does not have a provision for the factory washer bottle. I relocated the washer pump down by the scoop. The washer bottle I used is from Roto-Fab. It mounts to the body and looks clean. Here are a few pictures.

And yes that is a Factory Strut Tower bar on a 2010. We are working on custom brackets right now.

MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
I just did my ADM Scoop this morning.

It was a simple process. It took a while though. I didn't have a metric wrench so I had to go to lowes to get my horn bolt off. Also, the washer and nut was painted over so it was stuck. I had to get my dremmel and cut the bolt off so I could use the provided bolt and washer/nut that came with the scoop.

It took me about 2.5 hours with the trip to lowes and extra cutting. I haven't connected my washerbottle yet. I have the Schwinn bottle, painted it, put the little nozzle fitting in, used some liquid nails, rubber gromets, and washers. It's setting, I just need some longer nuts and bolts and to decide where I will place it. The pos battery post is kind of hard to reach with a drill so I'm not sure I'll try there. I think I will go with the side of the heat shield from my K&N. I have never used my washers EVER. The tank weighs a ton, there's got to be a gallon of the stuff... O_O there's some weight saving for you.

I also duct taped up the little perforations in the scoop (overkill? probably).

Tips: make sure you have some metric ratchets for this one. When removing the washerbottle make sure you know what you're going to do to plug the stock washer motor, I undid the tube thinking it would need to be on to allow the fluid to flow. I was wrong. I had to plug it, then uses some of the tube I intend to use for the bottle to motor conection and kinked it and then put a rubberband over the kink. I still had a little puddle of fluid on my floor. Also, if you have compressed air, the little plastic shavings are everywhere and you could blow them out with that or just let the highway air do it.

next up is that heater hose relocation and the plenum insulation removal...
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible

BTW: one tip I don't think I mentioned before about adding the OEM washer cap to the top of the schwin bottle.....make sure to put the lid on the schwin cap nice and tight like you want. Then put the OEM lid on the top and mark the positioning. I usesd some electric tape cut in half to tape it to the lid. Then when I took off the lid it was pisitioned the way I liked. Then I used JB weld to adhere the lid to the top of the schwin bottle. Hope that makes sense.

The first time I put the lid on I didn't do that and the OEM lid was off center when I screwed the top onto the bottle.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #30
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
I don't know if I like the oem cap. When I tipped the stock washerbottle upside down lots of fluid leaked out so it wasnt a tight seal at all. I'm not sure if that's needed for the flow of the fluid through the motor (if it were sealed the motor has to work a little more to suck out the fluid without a relief in pressure due to the loss of liqued in the sealed tank creating a vaccuum). If that's the case then I will put on the OEM one. BUT if it can handle the sealed bike bottle, I'll keep it like that and not mess with cutting and jb welding. Although, that route does look a lot better.
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #31
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
looks great! for those of you looking to make your own you can look at this thread also:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66275
there are a couple of different members who made theirs in that thread...

OP looks awesome! great idea with the bottle
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You can see this in the other threads but thought I would post it here as well. This is what you cut out to get the fresh air and also a pic from the front of the scoop that is right behind the grill.
Very Nice Indeed!
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #33
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
Very Nice Indeed!
Nice to see you back on the boards.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #34
Halltech

Let me name drop

Chassis dynos are great tools, but lack the consistency of clean dry air, constant intake air temps, oil temps, water temps, and are plagued by onboard computer countermeasures that do not occur on the Engine dyno:

GM stock Camaro intake (blue) vs. Halltech Yellow Jacket (plastic) vs. Halltech Bumble Bee Carbon Fiber (green)

Katech Engine Development helped GM with R&D on many of the LS design motors. For obvious reasons this cannot be elaborated on, but from the Corvette GT1 race engines for the C5 and C6 to the CTS-V racing motors, Katech has been the choice for Corvette Racing and Cadillac Racing.

The are Halltech's MidWest Regional Distributor for the Camaro, Cadillac, and Corvette line of products. http://www.katechengines.com/for-sal...30hp470ft-lbs/

Jim Hall

Last edited by Halltech; 11-17-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #35
Halltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Nice to see you back on the boards.
Did you ever get a dyno done with the scoop in place?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #36
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
Did you ever get a dyno done with the scoop in place?
I'm a lazy POS. The scoop is still in it's box right next to my LT's.

Gotta break down and get me a relocation waterbottle so it can join my stash pile, lol.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #37
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I'm a lazy POS. The scoop is still in it's box right next to my LT's.
Seriously!

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote