Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
My review of ADM scoop and Roto-Fab WW kit

I just installed the ADM scoop and Roto-Fab WW relocation kit! Took about 1 1/2 hours start to finish for both! Very straight forward and piece of cake for both mods!

ADM scoop: I had no instructions that came with the scoop but the FYI that ADM posted up helped and some other posts with pictures! Pretty straight forward install with the exception of the horn bolt, PITA! Got it after about 15 minutes of struggling. I used a hack saw blade to cut the plastic opening.

Roto-Fab WW relocation kit: The kit was very well packed for shipping and all parts were there. The instructions from Roto-Fab were excellent as was the quality of the product! The hardest part was getting the reservoir bottle to snap into the grommet. Also being black in color it was hard to see the fluid as I filled it and it overflowed My fault though not enough light to work with! I like the pump mount and hose routing and general fit and finish of the kit!

Overall I give both products 2 thumbs up! Now I can't wait to get the car out of hibernation once the snow thaws to try it out!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Nice.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Notice a diff in power?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Very Nice.

That's definately the most factory looking setup out there.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Outstanding photos! You have a cool set up!
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
glad to see the install was easy, i'm waiting on my roto-fab ww to come in.
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Notice a diff in power?

He hasn't gotten it out of hibernation yet! Let us know when you do.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 2012 zl1
Cool! Looks like you didn't waste much time in getting your install complete. I agree, aligning the stud with the grommet is the toughest part since it is done in an area where you can't see. For Roto-fab guys it is easy to see with the air box out.
FYI, our air box will go straight in and out with the reservoir in place.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Thanks for all your comments! I can't wait to get the car out on the road soon as the weather breaks! I've added the VMax CNC TB and Rx Catch can as well so I'm eager to see how it all works together! Nice Job Mike on another quality product from Roto-Fab!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Nice, looks good!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Thanks for all your comments! I can't wait to get the car out on the road soon as the weather breaks! I've added the VMax CNC TB and Rx Catch can as well so I'm eager to see how it all works together! Nice Job Mike on another quality product from Roto-Fab!
I have an ADM Scoop waiting to be installed. Mine did come with a nice write up. I also have a Rx Can but I installed it where the roto W/W goes. SO now I have to get some more hose to put it in another location.

Look great.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Just ordered my Roto-Fab relocation kit and ADM scoop as well. Can't wait until spring to try them out!
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:30 AM   #13
adub4185

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS, 1995 BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Here's my thoughts and some pictures on my install from this weekend:

The fit and finish on both the washer bottle and the scoop are excellent. The washer bottle went in easy and the pump is secured in a great spot. Roto-Fab's attention to detail makes this install pretty much idiot proof. I did end up using a few more zip-ties to secure everything, but I am anal.

The scoop was relatively easy to install and as many have said previously, the hardest part was cutting off the plastic shield. My scoop was supplied with a longer 6mm horn bolt and an extra nut, which made it easy to get the tab secured. Many of the install pictures I have seen have shown the scoop tab on the other side of the horn bolt nut, which would be very difficult to secure. Make sure that you get a bolt and nut with your kit or buy one prior to the installation.

I have driven the car a bit since the install and I will say that it is hard for me to tell what kind of peak horsepower this mod picked up. 5-6 HP on a 450 HP car is almost negligeable and would probably only show up on a dyno. What I can tell is that the powerband on the lower end is much smoother. Before this mod and with my cam, the car would tend to really wake up at around 2.5k to 3k and give you a swift kick in the pants. Now the power transition from the lower RPM ranges to that magical RPM range is much smoother. For me, this mod seemed to help the low end a lot and that was just what I was looking for. I'll be heading back to ADM sometime soon, and when I do, I'll re-dyno and post more additional thoughts.

On to the pictures (please excuse the poor iPhone pictures):

This is a picture with just the scoop installed. You can see how I was able to secure the tab using the supplied bolt and nut.

A couple pictures of the pump installed with the scoop:

A view of the filter area sans washer reservoir:

A view looking down into the filter area. You can see the pump, the scoop, and how much more room there is for air to get to the intake.

A few pictures of the final overall product. It looks OEM and I am extremely happy! Thanks ADM and Roto-Fab!

adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #14
KybheSS

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS
That scoop looks awfully close to the wheel?! Think a lowerd car would have any issues with the location of the scoop?
KybheSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by KybheSS View Post
That scoop looks awfully close to the wheel?! Think a lowerd car would have any issues with the location of the scoop?
My car is lowered and I think what you are seeing is where the scoop gets close to the fender well liner. It in no way will come into contact with the wheel.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
KybheSS

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS
Sweet! Thanks!
KybheSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185 View Post

The fit and finish on both the washer bottle and the scoop are excellent. The washer bottle went in easy and the pump is secured in a great spot. Roto-Fab's attention to detail makes this install pretty much idiot proof. I did end up using a few more zip-ties to secure everything, but I am anal.

The scoop was relatively easy to install and as many have said previously, the hardest part was cutting off the plastic shield. My scoop was supplied with a longer 6mm horn bolt and an extra nut, which made it easy to get the tab secured. Many of the install pictures I have seen have shown the scoop tab on the other side of the horn bolt nut, which would be very difficult to secure. Make sure that you get a bolt and nut with your kit or buy one prior to the installation.

I have driven the car a bit since the install and I will say that it is hard for me to tell what kind of peak horsepower this mod picked up. 5-6 HP on a 450 HP car is almost negligeable and would probably only show up on a dyno. What I can tell is that the powerband on the lower end is much smoother. Before this mod and with my cam, the car would tend to really wake up at around 2.5k to 3k and give you a swift kick in the pants. Now the power transition from the lower RPM ranges to that magical RPM range is much smoother. For me, this mod seemed to help the low end a lot and that was just what I was looking for. I'll be heading back to ADM sometime soon, and when I do, I'll re-dyno and post more additional thoughts.

This is a picture with just the scoop installed. You can see how I was able to secure the tab using the supplied bolt and nut.

A view looking down into the filter area. You can see the pump, the scoop, and how much more room there is for air to get to the intake.

A few pictures of the final overall product. It looks OEM and I am extremely happy! Thanks ADM and Roto-Fab!

Wow! Sweet looking engine compartment! Thanks for making our products part of it.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Wow! Sweet looking engine compartment! Thanks for making our products part of it.
Thanks for the kind words. It is a work in progress, but it is getting there. Hopefully one of these days I'll be coming to you guys for a maggie CAI tube to finish it off...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #19
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. It is a work in progress, but it is getting there. Hopefully one of these days I'll be coming to you guys for a maggie CAI tube to finish it off...
Sounds awesome! We will set one aside for you.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
I ordered one from website but its like it never happend I have not go an email or charge on the card I used. It said confirmed but maybe the website was messed up????
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #21
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:

That is a VERY nice looking engine compartment. What do you have going there for plug wires, coils and valve covers?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
I ordered one from website but its like it never happend I have not go an email or charge on the card I used. It said confirmed but maybe the website was messed up????
Please give us a call at (260) 375-4480. We can get your order processed and shipped right away. We don't have this product available on our site right now. Alternatively, you can email us at sales@roto-fab.com or send a PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That is a VERY nice looking engine compartment. What do you have going there for plug wires, coils and valve covers?
Thanks Doc. The valve covers are by Katech and so is the coil relcation kit. I custom designed the valve cover inserts (the part that says "camaro ss") and the plug wires came with the kit. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
YO-EL

Drives: none
Anyone else NOT happy with the location of the pump, being directly in the path of incoming air flow?

YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
Black1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
Both of those engine compartments look awesome, A great setup
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote