Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Kunihiro

Drives: 2010 Charcoal Gray, 2SS/RS
Input re: former vendor's DRL Harness (Fieldgoal)

I was reading some threads on the DRL wiring harness and I realize there are a few vendors out there.

Specifically, there is one former vendor (Fieldgoal), who has moved to another site.

For those of you have have this particular DRL harness installed, would you mind if I asked for your input?

Is it easy to install? How's his customer service? ie: responding to PM's or e-mails? Does the fact that the DRL's stay on during the day and night having any heat effects of them, ie: melting the housing or lens?

He has posted an "interest thread" on another site and I was wondering what your thoughts were on his product and ability to return answers to questions or issues.

I'm not a headhunter or anything, just trying to make an intelligent decision.

thanks,

Allen

2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Install is not bad...and his instructions are plenty good enough to get you through the job. Probably toughest part is when you have to push back the fender well to connect the ground to a specific location, other than that. No problem. Its been awhile, but while he was here his feedback to questions was top notch.

As far as the bulbs and housings go, my guess is that with the stock bulbs, I can see the fogs getting a bit hot/hazy over time since they would be always on (assuming you drove the car a lot). With HID fogs you will likely run into some trouble, but if you use LED/Plasmas you should be fine since they run much cooler temps than stock.

I have the 'wired' fieldgoal harness, and have never had an issue!
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Kunihiro

Drives: 2010 Charcoal Gray, 2SS/RS
KMPrenger

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Allen

2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro is offline   Reply With Quote