Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Prius driver rams Chevy truck driver...

http://www.gazette.com/articles/poli...kup_prius.html

Quote:
The driver of a fuel-efficient Toyota Prius repeatedly rammed a pickup during a road-rage attack in Colorado Springs and then shoved the truck's 61-year-old driver when the men pulled over, police said.

Daniel Cox, 30, was jailed on suspicion of felony assault. The charge was upgraded to a felony because people over 60 are considered "at-risk adults" under Colorado law. There were no serious injuries.

Road-rage incidents often lead to tailgating, angry gestures and unanswered challenges, police said. It's rarer for them to end in physical fights - and rarer still that officers are summoned.

"It probably happens a lot more than it's reported," said Sgt. Rick Cirka. He said officers in his district investigate reports of similar attacks "about once every six months."

Officers responded to the attack about 11:45 a.m. Friday. Police said Cox grew aggressive when the men nearly collided while exiting northbound Interstate 25 at the South Circle Drive exit.

The victim, a man who wasn't identified, told police that Cox followed him and intentionally sideswiped his Chevrolet pickup three times before both drivers stopped at Lake Avenue and Venetucci Boulevard, police said.

When the men got out, Cox pushed the victim several times into the doorjamb of his truck, police said. The man complained of back pain. The Prius sustained more damage than the pickup, Cirka said.

"I think the only damage was where the pickup's wheel ran up against the Prius," he said.
All I have to say is that this idiot's lucky he never ran into my dad...that prius wouldn't be the only thing beat up.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I carry a 9mm pistol back and forth to the office and I still wouldn't pull over for this idiot. IT"S A PRIUS. I would have ran his ass off of the road. Laughing all the way. That guy is a loon.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Enviro- tree hugging psychos there our own domestic terrorists!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
hopefully the prius driver gets a lifetime ban from driving. it should become a privilege in the states and not a right. that way only responsible people can drive, thus higher speed limits would be acceptable. ill stop before i go to far off topic.....
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
As Jim Rome would say

Hiiiii-LARE-yus
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I just don't understand how people get so worked up over such little crap. I mean, I know you're driving a Prius man, but you don't have to take it out on someone else.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Leave my Prius out of this. That old man in the pickup had it coming.
signed - Packman Jones

A little Romey for ya.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #8
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
This is why I'm glad I vanpool. The stress of being stuck in crawling traffic for over an hour with incompetent, untalented non-drivers talking on their cell phones, using no lights or high beams, going 40 in the left lane when traffic cleared, etc, just got to be too much. I'm much happier now.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
signed - Packman Jones

A little Romey for ya.
gotta love romey
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #10
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Good lord. I would have just run the Prius over, saying I didn't see him in the rear view. Then again I'd be doing this with my Exploder. And at least I'd be doing it with the rear end. We all know how doing anything with the FRONT end turned out...

$2470.00 later...
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
signed - Packman Jones

A little Romey for ya.
BLOOOOOOOOCK BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!

MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Been a long time since I heard Jim Rome on the radio. EASILY the best out there.

The new Camaro is 'Sick' Any thing givin 400+ Horse power and IRS and all for under 40k is riiii-diculous. That's the GM that I know. And how does a Prius driver push 'anyone' around. What, did Bill Romanowski lose a bet? Maybe that guy in the pickup was haulin doughnuts and Rosie O Fat got hungry in her Prius? iiiiin-credible. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG! War-Cars that make panties drop; War-Car companies that listen to the consumer; and WAR-CAMARO 5
OOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PQ; 02-03-2009 at 01:28 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
This is why Mr. 1911 rides with me wherever I go.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Hahaha, seriously, I would LOVE an opportunity to try my monster-truck skills out.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote