Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Stripe Question Help please

I bought my 2010 2SS/RS back in November. It is black. I got the white stripe package as part of the GM 1500 money. I have not had them installed yet due to the cold weather. From time to time I wonder if I should ask about having some painted on.

First, I wanted to add the MPD1 spoiler. So If I do the GM white stripe, the spoiler will have to be done in a vynil shops white stripe.

Second, what would it cost roughly to have the stripes painted on, but run down past the mail slot a bit, and done on the trunk and spoiler.

Third, what color would look super cool on my Black car? I have thought of white, red, orange, and blue. All these with some metal flake to make them pop some. Even thought ghost flames in the stripe for illusion.

Please give me some direction and feedback. Thanks in advance. Add photos if you like, or whatever.

Jared
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Paint looks better than vinyl, costs a lot too to be done right. Get some estimates from local places and remember... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! A bad stripe job can ruin your whole car.

One pro of vinyl... You don't like it, peel it off!

White rally's look good black!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Use the search button and type in Cajun cruise, look for a post by Black10 and go to his Black10 Mamba Edition for the pics of his car. Absolutly the finest Black Camaro I have every laid eyes on!!!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
Mines in the shop now and it will be getting ones like the pace car edition painted on. When they are done I can upload pics but it might not be another week or two. But my vote is for painted ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It will be spring before I am ready so I have time. I will look up the cajun cruise now.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Tyger69

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1LT RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Use the search button and type in Cajun cruise, look for a post by Black10 and go to his Black10 Mamba Edition for the pics of his car. Absolutly the finest Black Camaro I have every laid eyes on!!!!!
He is right- Finest Black Camaro I've seen as well. Plus 2010 2-Tone should know He has some awesome Stripes of His own! Good luck and in the end it has to be what You like as far as what you decide to go with. Some people think I was crazy going with Purple but -Thats Me!

Tyger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger69 View Post
He is right- Finest Black Camaro I've seen as well. Plus 2010 2-Tone should know He has some awesome Stripes of His own! Good luck and in the end it has to be what You like as far as what you decide to go with. Some people think I was crazy going with Purple but -Thats Me!

Burple goes great with yellow!
Attached Images

Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
Tyger69

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1LT RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Burple goes great with yellow!
Great looking Camaro! Whats the proper name of that color?
Love the Hood

Tyger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
Eric-MPD1.com

Thank you! its House of Color mix of cosmic blue and trueblue pearl. Has a very purple side tone. Paint, "Z Force' hood and rear spoiler all by MPD1.com
Eric Peters
President/ Mpd, Inc.
765-386-6731(MPD1)
www.mpd1.com
eric.mpd1@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger69 View Post
Great looking Camaro! Whats the proper name of that color?
Love the Hood

Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
Eric-MPD1.com

Since i kinda jacked your post a little here are my thoughts. I would not use the GM stripes mostly because I tend to avoid stickers. If i were to do a black car I would use HOK PBC-30. It is a very golden orange color. You will love the way it shimmers in the sun. Wont look like anyone elses stripes or colors to me thats the most important part. Also you can make the stripes more appealing as the gm stripes taper to much in front for my tastes. Price wise, depends if you are going to clear the whole panel once the stripes are painted or just clear an 1/8 in or so past the strips. My guesstimate would be in the 4-800.00 range.

Eric Peters
President/ Mpd, Inc.
765-386-6731(MPD1)
www.mpd1.com
eric.mpd1@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
I bought my 2010 2SS/RS back in November. It is black. I got the white stripe package as part of the GM 1500 money. I have not had them installed yet due to the cold weather. From time to time I wonder if I should ask about having some painted on.

First, I wanted to add the MPD1 spoiler. So If I do the GM white stripe, the spoiler will have to be done in a vynil shops white stripe.

Second, what would it cost roughly to have the stripes painted on, but run down past the mail slot a bit, and done on the trunk and spoiler.

Third, what color would look super cool on my Black car? I have thought of white, red, orange, and blue. All these with some metal flake to make them pop some. Even thought ghost flames in the stripe for illusion.

Please give me some direction and feedback. Thanks in advance. Add photos if you like, or whatever.

Jared
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
flyman3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Here's the orange that I think Eric might be talking about, he did my stripes and I love them.

Mods so far: 20% tint, Solo Mach X Exhaust, Custom Hockey Stick Stripes from MPD1, RevXtreme Catch Can, 6.2L emblems from Emblempros, Stealth turn signal bulbs, Skip Shift Eliminator from Apex-Speed, MPD1 Spoiler, custom painted Sparks SS emblems by MPD, MPD Force 5 hood, custom painted ZL1 bumper by MPD, MPD smooth rear panel, C.A.I. intake to seal with hood, ARH 1 7'8" headers with Hi-flow cats, ceramic brake pads, Factory Reproductions Style 41 black ZL1 wheels, Painted calipers to match stripes, ADM ZL1 scoop, showstopper markers, Norris custom cam, Tuned by Mike Norris 464 HP, 425 TQ.
flyman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
My strip is cyber gray.

Philadelphia Phillies Fan
GPC
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
Eric-MPD1.com

I did yours in PBC-31, its more orange looking. Thank you for posting your pictures Christian. I was happy to help you change your mind on what color to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman3 View Post
Here's the orange that I think Eric might be talking about, he did my stripes and I love them.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
flyman3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
I did yours in PBC-31, its more orange looking. Thank you for posting your pictures Christian. I was happy to help you change your mind on what color to use
I'm glad you did. I saw another cyber grey a few months ago with silver rally stripes from the factory, and did not like it at all. Whenever I tell people about the color combo they are uneasy, then I show them pictures and they love it too.
Mods so far: 20% tint, Solo Mach X Exhaust, Custom Hockey Stick Stripes from MPD1, RevXtreme Catch Can, 6.2L emblems from Emblempros, Stealth turn signal bulbs, Skip Shift Eliminator from Apex-Speed, MPD1 Spoiler, custom painted Sparks SS emblems by MPD, MPD Force 5 hood, custom painted ZL1 bumper by MPD, MPD smooth rear panel, C.A.I. intake to seal with hood, ARH 1 7'8" headers with Hi-flow cats, ceramic brake pads, Factory Reproductions Style 41 black ZL1 wheels, Painted calipers to match stripes, ADM ZL1 scoop, showstopper markers, Norris custom cam, Tuned by Mike Norris 464 HP, 425 TQ.
flyman3 is offline   Reply With Quote