Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
shortstop4
 
shortstop4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 187
Closing the deal on Camaro, I have a question about my "invoice price"

I am buying a 1SS from this dealership that has been very nice and easy to deal with. I contacted them through their internet department who offered to order the vehicle for me and sell it at "invoice price MINUS rebates" ..

So the vehicle's window sticker is http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/windo...FJ1EJ5B9155434

I go in today to discuss the numbers and he says the invoice price is 35000. I told him I would need to see the invoice, he says that is no problem.

My question to you guys.. is this invoice price? I believe its a preferred price, but certainly not the dealers price.

Should I expect any better or should I be happy with the price being offered? Thanks for the input folks.

shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Cristoff
 
Cristoff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 470
MSRP is $35,785.00 and invoice is $35,000? I don't think so....

Go to www.edmunds.com and look up the real invoice price. It should be around $33,595.00
__________________
Yes, this is my Camaro parked in front of the Infiniti Dealership that I run. No, my boss is not happy...
Cristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
shortstop4
 
shortstop4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 187
My next question would be.. what does a real invoice sheet look like. Im thinking they may try and show me a bogus invoice sheet.
shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
panther2469


 
panther2469's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 5,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstop4 View Post
I am buying a 1SS from this dealership that has been very nice and easy to deal with. I contacted them through their internet department who offered to order the vehicle for me and sell it at "invoice price MINUS rebates" ..

So the vehicle's window sticker is http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/windo...FJ1EJ5B9155434

I go in today to discuss the numbers and he says the invoice price is 35000. I told him I would need to see the invoice, he says that is no problem.

My question to you guys.. is this invoice price? I believe its a preferred price, but certainly not the dealers price.

Should I expect any better or should I be happy with the price being offered? Thanks for the input folks.

I Believe invoice is $34,767 You can check here www.truecar.com
__________________
panther2469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
shortstop4
 
shortstop4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
I Believe invoice is $34,767 You can check here www.truecar.com
Thanks.
shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
The_Blur
Moderator, USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Pensacola
Posts: 14,116
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Get an invoice printout from your dealer. They will try to keep this away from you, but be persistent. It is a text document that has retail and invoice prices for all option codes on the car. At the bottom, it will indicate the original dealer. The top includes the VIN.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,605
On DEC 31 2010 i bought this for $34,553 including the $99 dealer fee MSRP with window tint & fee was $35,518

2011 VR 1SS/RS/A6/black stripe package/Premium BA/Premium mats & Trunk mat /Dealer Tinted windows.

Tell them to lower the price as 35k is not dealer invoice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
shortstop4
 
shortstop4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 187
Thanks folks, im going to get it down to 34 and change and ill feel better
shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #9
The Viz

 
The Viz's Avatar
 
Drives: Everything
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,110
For what it's worth, I just built the car up on Autobook, as the car you have listed must've been ordered in sold as the invoice is not available in the system. With an MSRP of $35785, my invoice pricing if I were to order the car today would be $34592.
__________________

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
wrbear
Banned
 
Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 869
What I do? Go to the deal and sit down with people. Talk a bit about the car and give them your price.....they...counter.....you stay firm....squirming ensues..........nothin happens stand up and proceed to walk out....things may start poppin...don't go in there in love with the car...love it after you take it home...my2
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
clg_98ta


 
clg_98ta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
What I do? Go to the deal and sit down with people. Talk a bit about the car and give them your price.....they...counter.....you stay firm....squirming ensues..........nothin happens stand up and proceed to walk out....things may start poppin...don't go in there in love with the car...love it after you take it home...my2

That's good advice... You need to determine what you want to pay for the car before you sit down to negotiate, and decide how much you are willing to wiggle.

Assuming there is a $1K rebate and you want to get another $1K off sticker (total of $33,785)... go in and offer $33,285. Tell them that that price you;ll drive it home today - that you might eventually pay more, but only after talking to several other dealers first. Remember.. they know that when a customer leaves the showroom, there's only a small chance they'll ever see him again - they WANT to close a deal TODAY... When you make an offer like this the salesman has to take it to the sales manager, so write it down and sign it. They'll huddle and talk about football for 20 minutes before coming back with a counter offer. This counter will suck - maybe $100 off their original offer - that's part of the game (they want to give you EVERY opportunity to pay too much). Tell them no and get up to walk out. At this point they'll probably ask you to wait and talk to the sales manager. That's progress. Hold firm and repeat the offer to him. He'll ask for your bottom line price. You tell him $33,585 or you keep looking - you just came up $300. With any luck he'll claim that's his actual cost for the car and ask for another $200 so he can pay the salesman a small commission. DONE!

I've used this technique on the last 7-8 cars I've bought. I have had to actually walk out several times - if they let you walk that just lets you know you've exceeded their bottom line - but that's the only way you'll ever find out what it is...
__________________
Black 2SS ordered 1/4/2010, received 2/19/2010



clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
wrbear
Banned
 
Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
That's good advice... You need to determine what you want to pay for the car before you sit down to negotiate, and decide how much you are willing to wiggle.

Assuming there is a $1K rebate and you want to get another $1K off sticker (total of $33,785)... go in and offer $33,285. Tell them that that price you;ll drive it home today - that you might eventually pay more, but only after talking to several other dealers first. Remember.. they know that when a customer leaves the showroom, there's only a small chance they'll ever see him again - they WANT to close a deal TODAY... When you make an offer like this the salesman has to take it to the sales manager, so write it down and sign it. They'll huddle and talk about football for 20 minutes before coming back with a counter offer. This counter will suck - maybe $100 off their original offer - that's part of the game (they want to give you EVERY opportunity to pay too much). Tell them no and get up to walk out. At this point they'll probably ask you to wait and talk to the sales manager. That's progress. Hold firm and repeat the offer to him. He'll ask for your bottom line price. You tell him $33,585 or you keep looking - you just came up $300. With any luck he'll claim that's his actual cost for the car and ask for another $200 so he can pay the salesman a small commission. DONE!

I've used this technique on the last 7-8 cars I've bought. I have had to actually walk out several times - if they let you walk that just lets you know you've exceeded their bottom line - but that's the only way you'll ever find out what it is...
"if they let you walk that just lets you know you've exceeded their bottom line"

Or it's a sellers market and then they won't care. I went in to look at a Camaro a few months after they came out.....they told me it was the "sticker price" +6K and they proceeded to walk off.........I went in 10 month or so later and they listened....and I got around 8 % off of sticker PLUS a bottle of cold water!!! with me grinding my heel in on the price in that round....that was 10 months ago...now your buying a car with 2 other models on the horizon......Son....get er done...snort...and both parties will sleep good a night...trust me....
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 148 09-04-2013 02:28 PM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.