Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Another RX Catch Can for N/A now and F/I later

Got my RX Catch Can from member SC2150 yesterday for my LS3, was only a two day turnaround from ordering to it showing up at my door (I won't add in the two weeks I was back and forth with SC2150 with tons of questions and ALWAYS a prompt and thorough response to my bothering him).

I went with the Forced Induction Can and Oil Cap breather but have the can setup for N/A for the time being as I probably won't be putting the Centri Blower on the car until next winter (this winter was the blower cam, one major mod at a time makes for a healthy marriage ). For the time being I am setup like a regular N/A setup with the dirty side of the PCV system going through the can and the fresh make-up air coming in from the intake pipe into the front pasenger-side of the valve cover. The second intake check valve that is used on a full F/I setup is capped off for the time being. Eventually I'll use the Oil Cap Breather I got when the blower gets installed if not sooner by capping off the valve cover and intake pipe.

Took a shot with everything out of the way for anyone that may be confused as to where the hoses connect. The checkvalve bard on the outside of the can goes to the manifold while the center bard goes to the valley cover connection.

The barbs on the can were facing in a direction in relation to the mounting bracket for what would typically be a Forced Induction setup where the can would be mounted on the driver's side of the engine in front of the centri head unit bracket. I could have twisted the barbs around as they are threaded check-valves and the center one twists as well but I wanted to leave things as they would eventually be with the blower setup so I mounted the can off the fan shroud to radiator bolt on the passenger side by getting a 1.5" lag bolt and tapping the radiator hole a bit so the lag bolt had some meat to grab into with its tip.

The polished can is subtle but looks good in my SIM engine compartment.

Very happy with both the service I have received from SC2150 as well as the quality of the can itself. Now I just have to wait about 5000 more miles at my next oil change to report back on how much it is grabbing. I also did a full wipe down of the manifold side of the throttle body to see if there continues to be any kind of buildup on there with the can installed.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!

Last edited by robertway; 02-04-2011 at 11:54 AM.
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
what about the hose on the back of the driver side valve cover?

EDIT nvm. i assume yours is a LS3 not an L99.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Yeah, forgot to mention that.... I'll edit that into the post.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
I get down to the RX shop often. They really have some great products coming out of there. They spend alot of time on R&D.

The FI guys really need to check out their Chiller unit. I was amazed on how it went from R&D to a final product and how well it works. Its race track tested!

Read this :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...20#post7838320

www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Tuner Tampa Orlando Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote