Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
LemmingRush

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Help my Camaro look sweet

Sooooo when I bought my 2SS Camaro, I avoided the ground effects package because I wanted to see what the aftermarket did (Also, I preordered it and GM didn't really let my dealer know what they were doing. So they weren't even sure how to order a ton of the features. My Camaro was the last car they ever sold, I thought that was kinda ironic).

NEWay I've learned not to lurk too much in these kinds of forums or I'll spend way to much money. Well I'm getting a really big bonus and due to a screw up on my tax deductions at work I'm actually getting a great tax return.

Hench why I'm lurking again. I'm wanting to put a kit on the car, but other than an ebay search, I'm not sure what the best options are. Another annoying thing is, I really don't like the square exhaust holes alot of the packages have. I do like the GM lip on the front of a lot of kits.

Anyone have any ideas?
LemmingRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6 - ABM
Not a big fan of body kits in general and especially on this car, but I'd be triple sure your tax return is going to be what you think it is before you go making any big purchases. The IRS being the IRS, the last thing you want is for them to decide well maybe you got back too much and bill you for the difference. I had a friend go through something like that once - amazing how when you screw up it's on you to correct, but when the IRS screws up it's still on you to correct.

Good luck.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
I'm in the same boat really, looking for ideas.

I'm also not a fan of the rear end of the GM Ground Effects Kit for the same reasons as you, so I'm actually playing with the idea of getting the front splitter and side skirts from the GM kit, but leaving the back Stock.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this, but if anyone has any pictures of this setup then I'd love to see them as I'd like to see if the lines still look OK.

I did search but couldn't find anything.

Other than that I'm stumped, as I've not seen another kit with a back end that I like.
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
LemmingRush

It was actually my fault on my taxes. My wife got pregnant and quit her job towards the beginning of the year and for years we have setup our taxes to all come out of my check. I forgot about that and basically was putting away way too much withholding. On top of that, the baby was born and is another deduction I hadn't adjusted my withholding to take into consideration. So I'm fairly sure the return is accurate.

As far as the look, I've never been a big fan of them, but I really like the lip on the front and the sides of the GM one. I hate the back though it looks way too ricery for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
LemmingRush

You know what's funny modern, you have the same color and stripes as me.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
go over to the cosmetics section of the forum, search and look at the many samples. Ebay has a ton as well.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingRush View Post
You know what's funny modern, you have the same color and stripes as me.
Well if you find something that you think looks good for the back end, let me know!

I'm definitely going to investigate the GM package without the rear though
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
cwbaseball1

Drives: 2010 v6 1Lt w/ rs wheels
hey

I like my razzi ground effects on my car the only thing that would make them look better was if they were more flush. But im just giving you a option and how they look.

Heres a few pics of mine.

The first few pics are of my car but the last 3 is someones else i liked and that body kit is made by stillen.
Attached Images

cwbaseball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
2010 Autobot Bumblebee

Drives: 78 Camaro,2010 Transformer Edition
I see the Decepticon" Blizzard" ......hmmmmm
2010 Autobot Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
LemmingRush

Ok cwbaseball1 I like the kit overall, but I'm not a big fan of the slits cut in on the back of it. The round holes are a big improvement though.

I used to live in Austin and it's legal to put your front plate in the wind shield. That way you don't have that dumb bracket on the front of your baby
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I definitely like the wheels on the bottom Camaro way better.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbaseball1 View Post
I like my razzi ground effects on my car the only thing that would make them look better was if they were more flush. But im just giving you a option and how they look.

The first few pics are of my car but the last 3 is someones else i liked and that body kit is made by stillen.
when you say more flush what you mean?
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbaseball1 View Post

How do you like your Razzi body kit? I'm thinking of getting one in the next week, and what do you mean by more flush???
Old 02-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
I love my factory GFX, but hated the round pipe in the square hole so I made my own grills to take care of the problem.(thats water on the screens. Just gave her a bath)
Attached Images