Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Need advice, or maybe just pity.

So last saturday I went to the largest dealership in my area. They told me that they only had 5 allocated and all were sold.

That monday I called about 20 dealerships, big and small, and even across state lines. I found a few that said they had allocations left.

I worked with 2 at the same time that were actually in state and 90 minutes or less away from me.

After confirming multiple times that they had allocation left and they were even going to put me in front of a car they were just ordering for their lot, I went with one of the two. Send my deposit, submit my order specs, and then ask for an order #

Well guess what. They say they don't have one for me. I've emailed back saying I've been told I should be able to get one when you put the order in.

I'll see what they write back, but now I have a knot in my stomach because I'm so tired of messing with this and tired of getting jerked around by dealers, and I assure you when you call 20 different car dealers, you are getting f'd with a LOT.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Are they afraid that if they go ONE OVER their ESTIMATED GUIDE NUMBER that it won't get built????

You're odds are better with a dealer that is HONESTLY within his guide number...but really - I doubt if a dealer goes a few over that Chevy is going to say no, we won't build you a car.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Well I asked all over because I want it sooner rather than later. So I hope they weren't lying to me about it.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote