Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Cool Good Mustang/bad Mustang... Drivers

The other day I'm on the way to work, and I pull up next to a mid-nineties Stang in decent condition, expecting to get the cold shoulder as always. Instead, I look left and the driver has a huge grin of respect, and is flying his thumbs-up high I return the favor, and we casually go on our way

Tonight I'm on the way home from a friends' and another mid-nineties Stang- a GT this time with Euro tails and black rims is ahead of me, and as I'm pulling up next to him at the light, he and his Dbag homie both look over at me, and then proceed to whip over into the left turn lane to flip a bitch. This cool guy in his flat brimmed sideways hat, hammers it as he makes his left turn- apparently tryin to tailslide around the corner and oversteers big time, almost planting his car nose-first into the street light. I LOL'd and casually rumbled off.

The end.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Lol, Gotta love karma ! I can't count how many times I have had people try me, but I don't street race. I calmly pull away from the light as they peel wheels thinking they had a race..... and then I think..... these are the azz-holes that are keeping insurance premiums high lol
Old 02-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
Brakelate

Drives: '03 Mustang Cobra
There are all kinds out there, in all brands. Seems like in the "old days" everyone was just having fun and happy to see another Muscle Car, regardless of brand preference or personal favorite.

Now, it seems like people are just angry all over. If you are quicker away from a light, have a better detail job on the paint or even throw a friendly rev, people take it like a slap in the face and react like you have personally disrespected them.

It's all good. I, for one, take it on a case by case basis and will gladly give a thumbs up to a great looking / sounding / performing vehicle, regardless of what it is.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
There are all kinds out there, in all brands. Seems like in the "old days" everyone was just having fun and happy to see another Muscle Car, regardless of brand preference or personal favorite.

Now, it seems like people are just angry all over. If you are quicker away from a light, have a better detail job on the paint or even throw a friendly rev, people take it like a slap in the face and react like you have personally disrespected them.

It's all good. I, for one, take it on a case by case basis and will gladly give a thumbs up to a great looking / sounding / performing vehicle, regardless of what it is.

Much respect my friend! I'll share a stoplight with ya any day!

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
Brakelate

I hate to profile, but the older cars are more affordable, and available to the "entry level" crowd that are typically more macho and more prone to such displays.

If you can afford to get up into the higher caliber stuff like Cobras and Shelbys, you probably have been around the block before and are a bit older, wiser and more seasoned, having survived getting all that nonsense out in one's youth.

But, AssHats can be found anywhere if you look hard enough. Just don't let the few spoil the image of the many. Well, since there are so many 'Stangs out there, perhaps the many spoil the image of the few.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
newmoon

Drives: 2012 5.0 Mustang, Brembo Track Pack
Brakelate, nice looking Cobra, I just traded in my 04 Terminator on this Camaro. I loved the Cobra it was alot of fun to drive with all the power.
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2012 Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
oldsmobubble

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary, 1969 c-10,
Had a new Challenger coming toward me the other day and he gave me the biker peace sign has we passed, I thought that was cool.
oldsmobubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmobubble View Post
Had a new Challenger coming toward me the other day and he gave me the biker peace sign has we passed, I thought that was cool.
Being winter in Utah, I haven't been driving the Camaro much. We have had a couple of days were I could not resist. The few times I have went for a little burn, I have had some d-bag in a BMW try and run me. They don't look at you, they just speed off thinking that you are aware of their intentions. It cracks me up. I usually get a thumbs up or a nod from other muscle car drivers.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Hey oldmobubble, I used to have a 72 olds back in high school. Canary yellow with a black vinyl top. We built the motor with Kenny Bell and Dave Smith parts. Man I loved that car. What have you done too yours?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
The other day I'm on the way to work, and I pull up next to a mid-nineties Stang in decent condition, expecting to get the cold shoulder as always. Instead, I look left and the driver has a huge grin of respect, and is flying his thumbs-up high I return the favor, and we casually go on our way

Tonight I'm on the way home from a friends' and another mid-nineties Stang- a GT this time with Euro tails and black rims is ahead of me, and as I'm pulling up next to him at the light, he and his Dbag homie both look over at me, and then proceed to whip over into the left turn lane to flip a bitch. This cool guy in his flat brimmed sideways hat, hammers it as he makes his left turn- apparently tryin to tailslide around the corner and oversteers big time, almost planting his car nose-first into the street light. I LOL'd and casually rumbled off.

The end.
HE WILL NVER LET YOU SEE HIM AGAIN , in another words ,he will stay in the sidewalk across the street for like 10 [ ten ] years , WELL DONE
Old 02-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
2SS

Quote:
Are you sure it was 2 [two] fingers ?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post

Said perfectly, and nice Cobra man!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
I am a 'good' Mustang owner. For starters, I KNOW your Camaro is a hands down better car than mine. Also, I don't assume everyone in a Camaro, especially a V6 Camaro wants to race me.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I can usually tell if a driver is going to be an idiot or not simply by looking at their car. This applies to domestics, imports, trucks, etc. Expect funny glares and excessive acceleration from drivers whose car is dirty overall, has brake dust caked on the wheels, has random chrome pieces everywhere, ugly aftermarket headlights/taillights, ugly body kits/spoilers, etc. If the car is clean and has tasteful mods, chances are the driver will be respectful. These are my observations....

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #15
Brakelate

Damn, I need to get out there and clean the brake dust off my wheels! :(

It's a full time job, being out at Willow Springs two full days a month (or more).

Good to see a cool mix of folks (and vehicles) in here. I guess turds come in all shapes and sizes.

But generally I do agree, take a look at one's car, bike, whatever and you can tell pretty quick what they are all about.

Glad I'm not being flamed just for being a Mustang guy in here. I've gone on other boards, one particularly bad Hayabusa one when I owned a ZX-12R and they went head hunting from the start, and eventually banned me for having a factual discussion with them.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I can usually tell if a driver is going to be an idiot or not simply by looking at their car. This applies to domestics, imports, trucks, etc. Expect funny glares and excessive acceleration from drivers whose car is dirty overall, has brake dust caked on the wheels, has random chrome pieces everywhere, ugly aftermarket headlights/taillights, ugly body kits/spoilers, etc. If the car is clean and has tasteful mods, chances are the driver will be respectful. These are my observations....
eh, i have brake dust build up because of excessive track days and winter.

if a person goes out of their way to catch up to me, chances are they are up to no good.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #17
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: yummy
Mustangs have nothing to do with people being A**Holes behind the wheel. They're everywhere and yes, believe it or not even people that drive camaros can be A**Holes. Look at the one that just killed the little girl while speeding. It gets old seeing threads like this pop up every other day just to stir the pot.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
Shadowsong

Drives: 2005 Mustang
I fall into the first category.. lol. I Always give a grin and a thumbs up, or a wave to fellow domestic performance cars, no matter the make. It is sad to not get it in return, and have the guy (or girl) act like a d-bag instead. A buddy of mine who has a challenger SRT8 is the same way, granted, he notices other challengers more than other cars, although he does give LS1 Camaros and Trans Am's a VERY healthy distance... lol. I won't say why, because some people would frown upon it, but let's just say he respects and fears them quite a bit.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Mustangs have nothing to do with people being A**Holes behind the wheel. They're everywhere and yes, believe it or not even people that drive camaros can be A**Holes. Look at the one that just killed the little girl while speeding. It gets old seeing threads like this pop up every other day just to stir the pot.
Yet here you are...

Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #20
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0
The first clue that that guy was going to be a douche were the eurotails.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #21
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I'm always cool to other muscle/pony car guys unless they give me a reason not to be. Why some people choose to be rude to someone over the brand of performance car they drive is beyond me.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #22
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I'm always cool to other muscle/pony car guys unless they give me a reason not to be. Why some people choose to be rude to someone over the brand of performance car they drive is beyond me.

Friendly rivalry is one thing but some people really seem to hate people who drive other brands of cars.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #23
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I was an a$$hole before there even was a Mustang. It's not the car, it's the person.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #24
Rockslam
The Noob

Drives: 2006 QSM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I never did see anymore on that story of the crash. Who is to say the camaro was speeding at all? Who is to say the toyota didn't merge/pull out in front of the camaro? Jumping to conclusions is fun. But feel free to take more shots from the hip.