Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #18
woodstock
 
woodstock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: martinez Ga.
Posts: 500
I use the Blackwing on my C-5
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #19
unobadazzdosSSRS
 
unobadazzdosSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finish Line
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
I just wanted to point out a few key features of our system so that you will understand the method behind our madness so to speak. Here are just a few of the things we do to create a system that will maximize performance:

-Ceramic coat our intake tubes inside and out (the ceramic coating keeps the heat outside of the tube keeping intake air colder)

-Insulate our Air boxes (Again, keep hot engine air out of the system to keep intake air as cool as possible)

-We have designed and engineered our own filter to maximize airflow (its a lifetime oiled filter which you can clean and recharge)

-The box is all aluminum and TIG welded by hand, everything is top of the line materials.

I hope this helps!!
That's great information to know !

But before I buy one of your CAI's I do have a couple of questions about your Intake Tube and Air Box :

Can you polish the Intake Tube to a shiny gloss finish or would that strip the Ceramic Coating off the Tube ?

If you can polish the Intake Tube what product do you recommend using and can you also use that same product for the Air Box too ?

Thanks - no pun intended - for your intake on this !
unobadazzdosSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 AM   #20
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 JRE SuperCharged 606RWHP SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,858
Ted from Jannetty Racing did a Air intake dyno test on a bunch of intakes and by his test CAI was found to be the best performing intake...i know when i get my car this spring i will be ordering that intake...If you use the search option you will find that thread,,,,a ton of good info on all the aftermarket in takes!!
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Ted from Jannetty Racing did a Air intake dyno test on a bunch of intakes and by his test CAI was found to be the best performing intake...i know when i get my car this spring i will be ordering that intake...If you use the search option you will find that thread,,,,a ton of good info on all the aftermarket in takes!!
Depends on how you define "best performing"... you seem to define it as the one with the most PEAK HP. Yes, the CAI had a very slight advantage in PEAK HP, by 0.4 HP, the Injen actually had a larger advantage in Average HP by 4.3 HP. Same thing with Torque. To me that gives more usable gains, make the Injen the better performing kit... you simply can't just look at peak number... you want to consider the whole area under the curves...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Depends on how you define "best performing"... you seem to define it as the one with the most PEAK HP. Yes, the CAI had a very slight advantage in PEAK HP, by 0.4 HP, the Injen actually had a larger advantage in Average HP by 4.3 HP. Same thing with Torque. To me that gives more usable gains, make the Injen the better performing kit... you simply can't just look at peak number... you want to consider the whole area under the curves...
What you said is true, but one thing to keep in mind here is that the Avg. hp in Teds test was derived from combining all of the RPM ranges. You typically stay in the 4k and above range for WOT. Our system may be less in the Avg hp rating but is better at higher rpms, which is where you are going to be at when wanting to use the additional hp our system is creating. So to sum up, you are going to feel the added hp where you really want to. Hope this helps out.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by unobadazzdosSSRS View Post
That's great information to know !

But before I buy one of your CAI's I do have a couple of questions about your Intake Tube and Air Box :

Can you polish the Intake Tube to a shiny gloss finish or would that strip the Ceramic Coating off the Tube ?

If you can polish the Intake Tube what product do you recommend using and can you also use that same product for the Air Box too ?

Thanks - no pun intended - for your intake on this !
It is a high luster finish but if you took some aluminum polish to it you could make it even shinier. Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,047
I took the Black CAI, very easy to install.

It looks, sounds, and performs good.
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
unobadazzdosSSRS
 
unobadazzdosSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finish Line
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
It is a high luster finish but if you took some aluminum polish to it you could make it even shinier. Thanks!
Would something like Mothers aluminum polish do the trick on the intake tube as well as the air box ?
Attached Images
 
unobadazzdosSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #26
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by unobadazzdosSSRS View Post
Would something like Mothers aluminum polish do the trick on the intake tube as well as the air box ?
Looks like it would do the trick!! By the way, THE NEW WEBSITE IS UP!!!! Be sure to check out the video on the Homepage as well as on the Testimonials Page!!!! Enjoy!!! www.coldairinductions.com
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #27
E.T.


 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,228
Just out of curiosity, does this only use an oiled filter, or can a dry one used?
__________________

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #28
WVCamaro10
 
WVCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1Lt RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 299
the new website looks great... i just got my air intake today from cai and it looks great but i have not got it installed yet.
WVCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,247
Recieved my CAI inc. intake late yesterday. Can't wait to get it installed.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #30
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
68/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Looks like it would do the trick!! By the way, THE NEW WEBSITE IS UP!!!! Be sure to check out the video on the Homepage as well as on the Testimonials Page!!!! Enjoy!!! www.coldairinductions.com
I have the cold air inductions and I love mine and makes my car sound better. and increased my speed too.
__________________
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #31
WVCamaro10
 
WVCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1Lt RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 299
I got mine on thursday cant wait to get it installed i hope to this week depending on the weather!
WVCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
WVCamaro10
 
WVCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1Lt RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 299
Cant Find anyone the will touch the air intake cuz they are scared it still hurt the motor witch im sure it wont... any advice?
WVCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #33
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,247
We are installing mine ourselves. Instructions included. Supposed to be relatively easy. At least look at the instructions. Or try a local Voc-Tech automotive school.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #34
burtial
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 96
Where is the cheapest place to pick one up from?
burtial is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercharger / Turbocharger Results (INFO) Thread radz28 Forced Induction - V8 247 12-24-2015 08:42 AM
Cold Air Inductions Intake System! ADM Performance Cold Air Scoop! & Packages! AutoAgenda V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 438 11-23-2013 11:49 PM
Cold Air Inductions TVS2300 Version Installation Issue DNA Forced Induction - V8 3 10-27-2010 02:15 PM
Cold Air Inductions WVCamaro10 Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 3 10-18-2010 06:37 PM
RAM AIR MYTH OR TRUTH JANNETTYRACING Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 30 06-19-2010 12:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.