Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Mustang Killa

 
Mustang Killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: az
Posts: 855
My ZL-1 dream last night....

So deep in my slumber last night I had the sweetest of all dreams and it felt extremely real with the little details..


It started with 2 friends accompanying me to the dealership and I was taking delivery of the 2012 black ZL-1 that just so happened to take place on the showroom floor. As I started it and revved it up I got an applause from all of the other customers..

Dream fast forwards to me driving with my 2 friends, 115 degrees out in the black car. They were begging me to roll up the windows and turn on the ac and radio and I firmly refused!!

I told them both we had to leave it all off and could only listen to the whine of the supercharger!

It continued and faded out driving through the park in my neighborhood with that ever so sweet yet viscous screaming of the blower.

It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
So deep in my slumber last night I had the sweetest of all dreams and it felt extremely real with the little details..


It started with 2 friends accompanying me to the dealership and I was taking delivery of the 2012 black ZL-1 that just so happened to take place on the showroom floor. As I started it and revved it up I got an applause from all of the other customers..

Dream fast forwards to me driving with my 2 friends, 115 degrees out in the black car. They were begging me to roll up the windows and turn on the ac and radio and I firmly refused!!

I told them both we had to leave it all off and could only listen to the whine of the supercharger!

It continued and faded out driving through the park in my neighborhood with that ever so sweet yet viscous screaming of the blower.

It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine
I only hope we get some whine from that blower!!! I'm affraid it might be too quiet for me I guess that's another reason for some pulleys
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Mustang Killa

 
Mustang Killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: az
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I only hope we get some whine from that blower!!! I'm affraid it might be too quiet for me I guess that's another reason for some pulleys
i<3whine
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I only hope we get some whine from that blower!!! I'm affraid it might be too quiet for me I guess that's another reason for some pulleys
I think if they make it quiet it would be a big mistake.... :(

But I will leave it to them.... Im sure they have some crazy way of coming up with how loud it should be for the average person. Hmmmm now that I typed that I dont think the average person is going to buy this car. SCREW THE WHINE MAKE IT SCREAM!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
MrDew
 
MrDew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Switzerland (no longer Houston, TX) :-(
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I think if they make it quiet it would be a big mistake.... :(

But I will leave it to them.... Im sure they have some crazy way of coming up with how loud it should be for the average person. Hmmmm now that I typed that I dont think the average person is going to buy this car. SCREW THE WHINE MAKE IT SCREAM!


Just install a cog-drive and you'll be fine!
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I only hope we get some whine from that blower!!! I'm affraid it might be too quiet for me I guess that's another reason for some pulleys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I think if they make it quiet it would be a big mistake.... :(

But I will leave it to them.... Im sure they have some crazy way of coming up with how loud it should be for the average person. Hmmmm now that I typed that I dont think the average person is going to buy this car. SCREW THE WHINE MAKE IT SCREAM!
Consider that the engine came out of a Cadillac...also consider it uses Eaton's 6thgen TVS rotors, which were partially designed to be quiet....

That said....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155000

I like it!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
MrDew
 
MrDew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Switzerland (no longer Houston, TX) :-(
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Man, i completly missed that post! Why isn't it in the ZL1 section?
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Man, i completly missed that post! Why isn't it in the ZL1 section?
'Cause it's a......*drumroll*....video!!

I suppose it could be moved, couldn't it?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
MrDew
 
MrDew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Switzerland (no longer Houston, TX) :-(
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
'Cause it's a......*drumroll*....video!!

I suppose it could be moved, couldn't it?
I saw it now! so it's kind of too late for that...

Hm, that red sure starts to grow on me! (Must remain strong and keep asking for a pretty blue)
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Consider that the engine came out of a Cadillac...also consider it uses Eaton's 6thgen TVS rotors, which were partially designed to be quiet....

That said....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155000

I like it!!


Enough said....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
I saw it now! so it's kind of too late for that...

Hm, that red sure starts to grow on me! (Must remain strong and keep asking for a pretty blue)
The red is a very sharp color for this car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post


Enough said....
But SchnO, you didn't say anything...your post just made my screen seem to get all wet and drippy though...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post


But SchnO, you didn't say anything...your post just made my screen seem to get all wet and drippy though...

I cant even type the things I am thinking about this car.... It could be construed as XXX and they would get deleted anyway..... rightfully so!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I cant even type the things I am thinking about this car.... It could be construed as XXX and they would get deleted anyway..... rightfully so!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #14
shawn18
OWTATIME
 
shawn18's Avatar
 
Drives: CaRaMo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,780
Why did you get black......


__________________
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #15
DCEPTCN
Smasher Devourer
 
DCEPTCN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS, 1983 T Type Limited
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Posts: 39
The smells of 100 octane exhaust, the evil whine from the s/c, two middle fingers waived at the ex wife...yeah, my ZL1 dream only STOPS when I fall asleep.


...and seriously, I've never been a big V8 guy so I don't know how to drive a car that doesn't hiss and whine when you throttle it.
__________________
2010 1SS, VR
1983 T-Type Limited...Under construction
1987 Grand National, stock...sold
1987 Grand National, modded...sold
DCEPTCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
Mustang Killa

 
Mustang Killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: az
Posts: 855
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,535
There is a slight understated whine, but not very noticable unless you're looking for it.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,928
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #19
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper
 
djsnoflake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 2,791
Somewhat OT, but is the color of the ZL-1 in that video just the VR or is that the new Crystal Red Tintcoat or whatever it's called?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #20
Shurenuff

 
Shurenuff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Somewhat OT, but is the color of the ZL-1 in that video just the VR or is that the new Crystal Red Tintcoat or whatever it's called?
CRT is a darker red, but it's slightly lighter than RJT. This ZL1 is not CRT.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Somewhat OT, but is the color of the ZL-1 in that video just the VR or is that the new Crystal Red Tintcoat or whatever it's called?
Neither.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Just install a cog-drive and you'll be fine!
It's not a jack-shaft design like the Maggy so that wouldn't work.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Motors rolls out its heritage at the Woodward Dream Cruise KILLER74Z28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 09-13-2014 12:25 AM
Marks Cruise Night - Camaro Night irocnroll USA - New England 157 04-12-2012 09:46 PM
Massachusetts Cruise Night List TRC-SS USA - New England 12 06-14-2011 04:15 PM
Woodward Dream Cruise - F-Body Cruise/Parking on Saturday August 15th 2009 SlpDave USA - Great Lakes 11 08-19-2009 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.