Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
njdad61

Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Stock/Borla ATAK Comparison Videos

Just installed my Borla ATAK cat-back exhaust earlier today. I LOVE the note this thing puts out! Here are a couple quick videos I took before and after the install. Hope this helps anyone that's thinking about pulling the trigger on a new exhaust!

STOCK

Borla ATAK Cat-Back
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That sounds awesome
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Alhooti

Drives: 2011 L99
Sound perfect!
Alhooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
sounds great
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
njdad61

Thanks guys!
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
That was some quick install and I'm glad you like the exhaust, I still think this is the best sounding exhaust for the cars.
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
njdad61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
That was some quick install and I'm glad you like the exhaust, I still think this is the best sounding exhaust for the cars.
Yeah, I was going to do it this weekend, but the itch got to me! We have an auto craft shop here on post that rents lifts out for $6/hour. Except for one of the mechanics helping me slide out the stock exhaust, I did it all myself in just over 2 hours (including several smoke breaks/cussing fits ).

Although this weekend I'll probably be kicking myself since it probably would have been nice to install the MGW shifter after I ripped the stock exhaust out and still had use of the lift!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
Yeah, I was going to do it this weekend, but the itch got to me! We have an auto craft shop here on post that rents lifts out for $6/hour. Except for one of the mechanics helping me slide out the stock exhaust, I did it all myself in just over 2 hours (including several smoke breaks/cussing fits ).

Although this weekend I'll probably be kicking myself since it probably would have been nice to install the MGW shifter after I ripped the stock exhaust out and still had use of the lift!
Ya the stock exhaust can be a pain to get out with the hangers, ifound a little wd 40 helps alot, i guess from what heard that the shifter can be done on some jack stand, i really do want to know how you like that shifter and if its a pain to put in, just one more part to check off the list when i get it.
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
njdad61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
Ya the stock exhaust can be a pain to get out with the hangers, ifound a little wd 40 helps alot, i guess from what heard that the shifter can be done on some jack stand, i really do want to know how you like that shifter and if its a pain to put in, just one more part to check off the list when i get it.
Man, the longest part of the install was getting the exhaust off the hangers above the mufflers! I used some spray lubricant and it helped a little. I also found pushing up on the muffler made it easier to pull them off. Other than that, I just took my time and it was cake!

I've thought about putting it on four jack stands, but that always makes me a little nervous... I'll most likely just go rent a lift again. It'll give me another chance to show off my car. When I started it after the exhaust install and revved it up a little, I looked back to find that I had an audience!