Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
What Do you do about Inspection ?

I love the sound of just the muffler Delete and got it Quoted today by a good shop for $180, And im really thinking about having it done this weekend. My question is what do we do when Inspection Time Comes ? The car cant pass without a muffler Right ?

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Your resonators could be considered your mufflers especially if yours is an L99. Worst case you could put on a resonated x-pipe which is basically an x-pipe inside a muffler. Definatley no issues then.

$180 sounds a little on the high side to me. Most people are getting it done for around $100. I think mine was $150 if I remember but that was not only the muffler delete but also the addition of an x-pipe.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
there is always a way to get a sticker
Old 02-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
I cut my resonators off on my last car no problems with inspection...

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
why are people talking about resonators when the guy wants a muffler delete. i would never just do a resonator delete. i would do them both

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I talked to my inspection guy (at a muffler shop) and he said that mufflers are not required. It is only required that you have cats and that the exhaust exits the rear of the vehicle.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Alright sweet and yea at first he quoted me $280 for the delete and then $180, idk if I should ask him why he wants so much or if I should just try a different shop, but he's really the only shop I know around here,

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
Old 02-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Also how much louder is a muffler delete, I'm just wanting my SS to sound like an SS not a Ls lol but I'm not looking to be annoyed by drone and pissing people off past 12 ?

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Do a search....there are threads out there. Here is mine but I also did the resonated x-pipe as well.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64964

Don't worry....it's actually not as loud as you would think. Definately not loud enough to piss people off unless you add headers to it. For the money it's well worth it...even at $180.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I agree it iwll be fine until you add headers. Then you will piss people off.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I agree it iwll be fine until you add headers. Then you will piss people off.

In my experience, headers can piss people off even with mufflers (especially when you leave for work at 0530)

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
I have Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers and a muffler delete.. Muffler delet was $90 at a local exhaust shop, and I got hooked up with a righteous deal from Ivan @ SouthwestSpeed for the DT LT's!

I leave for work at 0500 in the morning and as long as I don't rev the engine I don't really make too much noise... I do have to be considerate enough not to wake up my 1 year old in the house... But past 2000 rpms and WOW it's loud.

I did the muffler delete 6 months ago and it was perfect sound when had it done... However I seemingly wanted it louder more and more as the days went by so I went with the long tubes (no cats).. No emission testing where I live, but I think it's probably a problem if you need it tested...
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote