Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
For those of you with AAC Halos, how did you end up wiring it? (What is it hooked to)

Hi. I'm getting my halos in the AAC groupbuy and was wondering how you guys had them installed. (Wired to come on with parking lights, on 24/7, wired on a 24/7 switch, only with day lights, etc). What do you think is best?

And if you had a white summit camaro, how would you order your sidemarkers? Painted White? Tinted? Or Kandy Lens?

thanks guys! Looking forward to the suggestions and feedback.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
My headlights and fog lights are currently at AAC having the dual color rings installed. When I get them back, I'm going to use AAC's wireless switch to control them. I plan to have constant power to them so I can run them at car shows.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
On with DRLs so that you can rock em at night.....

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
thanks for the setups guys. I'm considering having them on a switch, wireless remote, or on with the parking lights only. Hadn't thought about with the DRL's

That brings up another question I had. Wiring the DRL's to be on at night looks good? I'm hooking up my plasmas this weekend and was wondering whether or not to use the DRL harness or not.

The the harness disable the DRL's during the day?
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Answering original question...not sure if it helps since I have a non-RS model.

Shipped my headlights to AAC while my car waited at the dealer. Dealer then re-installed the halo equipped headlamps for me. They even wired the halos to the running/parking lamp circuit for me.

Since my headlamps are the DRL's (remember non-RS), I turn my rotary switch one notch clockwise. This turns off the DRL headlamps and turns on the running/parking lamp ciruit including the halos.

Anytime the auomatic feature turns on my headlamps, the running lights (including halos) all come on, too.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote