Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Old Guy

Drives: 4 Chevy's in the Driveway
New Guy Here - Have Convertible on order

Hey guys! I just found this website, so I thought I would log in and ask some questions. Forgive me if my questions are redundant, but some of these threads are very long, and many of you are way ahead of me on the learning curve with regard to orders.

I ordered a 2011 convertible a couple of weeks back. The order was within the original allotment that the dealership. Given that, how long should I expect to wait before vehicle delilvery? My dealer says it is out of his hands now, There are lots of vehicles ahead of mine, and they don't know anything more than what the website shows, which frankly is nothing at this point.

Next question. I read somewhere that the radio antenna would be in the spoiler. Well, I ordered an LT without a spoiler. Where will the radio antenna be for this vehicle?

Where can I get a 2011 Camaro brochure? We were able to pick up a convertible brochure at the Auto show, but none of the dealers near my home have the general Camaro brochure.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
I ordered a 2011 convertible a couple of weeks back. The order was within the original allotment that the dealership. Given that, how long should I expect to wait before vehicle delilvery? My dealer says it is out of his hands now, There are lots of vehicles ahead of mine, and they don't know anything more than what the website shows, which frankly is nothing at this point.
Welcome to the site! First thing I would do is get your order number from your dealer. He will have that for you and then you can either post your order number on the sticky thread in this forum to see where your car is at, or you can go to a site like chevroletconnects.com to track your car.

Also, having been in your shoes recently, just be weary of your dealer coming back at you saying they know nothing and aren't any help. Many dealers will just lie to you to get your business, then make you wait an indefinite amount of time.
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
It all depends if your dealer had allocation for the car if they did i would guess 8-10 weeks. modawg is right, get your order # and post it here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1115&page=1114 Becky will help you she is the best

Not sure about the radio antenna

Here is a link to the brochure
https://www.gm.ca/media/vehicles/cur...ochure_Eng.pdf
Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Old Guy

I have an order number. Ordered a 2LT, Summit White, with Gray leather, no stripes, 6-spd Auto. It should be a fairly simple vehicle to produce, hopefully. I went and input my order number on chevroletconnects.com. The "vert" has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day. So....hopefully, this is not bad news.

I was reading on the long thread that they can make 60 and hour? Wow! That seems like a large number, but I hope it is close to correct.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
Congratulations on the order! Are you from NM?
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
Old Guy

No, Texas.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
BOOGIE

Cool here is my order so far I dont think anyone has there vert yet. This will give you a timeline
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
Old Guy

Becky on the other thread said I was still at 1100. I don't quite understand that after looking at your history, Boogie. The dealer told me when I ordered that I get one of their allocation vehicles, but it seems like looking at your detail that the dealer needs to allocate the vehicle to the order?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
BOOGIE

Yes I think you are right Here's the Order Status Codes defined:

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target
Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

Hope it helps
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
Old Guy

Just got off the phone with my dealer. Of his allocation, he said that he has 2 intransit, and 4 in production. While they know their total allotment for the year, Chevrolet only lets them know every week (on Thursdays) if their allotment will get picked up and advised on a TPW. My order could be picked up in a week or so, or it could be several weeks, depending upon how production is going.

Since the guy I was talking to has been around the block for a while (I have been buying vehicles from him for over 20 years), I asked why currently produced vehicles apparently are not shipping. He said that there may be a quality problem that they are trying to fix that is holding them up, but he had no information on that. Only speculation.

As I was typing this reply, Becky answered me back via email almost the same exact thing that my guy did.

"I am Boogie's dealer!! Your dealers allocation may or may not be available right now to place your order. When Boogie ordered his, the allocation was not immediately available, but we knew that it was going to be available on a certain date. When that date came up, I placed the order and it moved to 2000 status. Your dealer has 11 units allocated, but they will be given to him from Jan to June, so they are spread out. It's just a matter of knowing when it will be available."

Anyway, hopefully, it will get picked up soon......
Old 02-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
BOOGIE

Yea Becky knows her stuff!! Good luck with the order
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Old Guy

One other detail my dealer mentioned. The radio antenna on the LT without a spoiler will be contained in a small shark fin on the trunk along with the onstar antenna.

What else do I need to know? LOL!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #13
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
One other detail my dealer mentioned. The radio antenna on the LT without a spoiler will be contained in a small shark fin on the trunk along with the onstar antenna.

What else do I need to know? LOL!
I hope it gets placed soon for you
Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #14
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Congrats

Welcome to the family.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I have to agree Becky is one of the nicest most helpful people I have ever met on a fourm. She does a lot for the members here she is always willing to help. I cant express enough how much I appreciate all of the help she gave to me and my wife during the order and build process.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
Old Guy

01/28/2011 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/28/2011 - (1102) Order Entered via Web

dum* dum dum dum
dum dum dum
dum dum dum dum dum dumdum dum
dum dum dum dum
dum dum dum
dum dumdum dum dum dum dum
dum dum...

* = insert theme from Jeopardy
Old 02-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
Old Guy

After cogitating over it for a couple of weeks, I went down to my dealer this afternoon and added the LS option to my 2LT. The dealer was very reluctant to make a change, but we found a screen where we could make a modification. It is still in 1102 status, so we don't believe this will have any effect upon the delivery date, which we don't have of course. Cross your fingers for me that I am still in the same place in line. I guess I will check online in the morning to see if the LS mod went through on the order. More to come......
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Welcome to the Vert waiting area, put your feet up and grab a cold one !
Don't you mean RS option ???
Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Welcome to the Vert waiting area, put your feet up and grab a cold one !
Don't you mean RS option ???
Yes, RS. Such a dummy, I am. I scan and scan and scan these posts before I hit submit, but invariably there is some detail I overlook. Like the RS option....LOL!

Thanks Nutbutt.

PS: Us ragtop guys need our own board. Nuff said.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #21
1981 Z28
TRIPLE BLACK 2SS/RS VERT

Drives: 1981 Z28 Blue with Blue Stripes
Quote:
After cogitating over it for a couple of weeks, I went down to my dealer this afternoon and added the RS option to my 2LT. The dealer was very reluctant to make a change, but we found a screen where we could make a modification. It is still in 1102 status, so we don't believe this will have any effect upon the delivery date, which we don't have of course. Cross your fingers for me that I am still in the same place in line. I guess I will check online in the morning to see if the RS mod went through on the order. More to come......
Good option to add!!!!!!!!
Mine has been produced since 1-29-11 and it is still sitting up in Canada so you will probably get yours produced and delivered before mine even moves from its spot. The battery will probably be dead on the car before I even get to drive it!!!!!!!!!!

1981 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote