Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Stock grille and knight rider

got bored and decided to mess around with the stock grille and a knight rider light. kinda brain storming ideas right now so the pics you will see are just preliminaries.

Since i had a v6 and not an ss i was looking for alternative places to put the knight rider light. i know a some people put it behind their grille but you can only see the glow and not the LEDs themselves like you can if it was in the mail slot. So i came up with two alternatives, let me know what you guys think. oh and before i start getting comments that i wrecked my grille, i already have a heritage on my car so the stock one is expendable.

Option #1
Name:  DSCN0937.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  119.8 KB

Main problem with this one is gonna be hiding the wiring

Option #2
Name:  DSCN0940.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  147.9 KB

ideally i would like to have 2 pairs per side of the grille. one on top (as shown) with another one on the bottom side of the grille too. also i would tint the covers of the light so it doesnt stand out as much.

Any comments or input would be great. This is a side project so if no one is really interested im not gonna invest the time to get it all figured out.
Asian Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would try to center it under or above the bowtie, at night you would still get a really clean knightrider effect. Off to the side your car will look like KITT with down syndrome.
Genious is offline   Reply With Quote