Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Exclamation Someone help me with footwell lighting!

im trying to hook up my footwell lighting..but i dont want it in sync with my domes..i want it on when im driving at night..any tips on how i can do this?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: White 2014 ZL1
u would need to either hook it up to parking light-headlamp circuit..or a separate toggle switch
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
put in a switch.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
or connect to the fuse that's connected to your cluster lights.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Viper595
Redline drop, or go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
put in a switch.

this, sir.

2010 Camaro SS #123444 - K&N Typhoon CAI, Muffler Delete, MPD-1 Spoiler, Headlight Armor Blackouts. Mods to come: longtubes/tune/flux capacitor

Understeer
is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Viper595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
how wud i put in a switch? lol
Old 02-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGENT-006 View Post
how wud i put in a switch? lol
Buy a single pole single throw switch. Cut the power wire and hook one side of the cut to one terminal on the switch and the other side of the cut to the remaining terminal on the switch.

Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I think the easiest way would be is to tap into the ambient lighting. If you remove your headlight switch it is the yellow wire with the black stripe. This should do the trick. Pm me with any questions.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Would it be too bright to be on at night? I just installed the blue led from Ivan at Southwest Speed (Thanks Ivan), and it is bright as heck. I love the blue, but if the foot well lights are as bright then it would be too bright to drive with them on I would think.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
you go to your quad pack gauges and tap the source there, it will work with your interior lights dim too
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
hendrix05

Drives: 2010 2LT, Non-RS, red
Hey folks, brand new guy around Camaro5. Bought a used 2010 V6, LT2 in October and I am starting to get the bug on customization.

I am looking to hook my footwell lights (which I plan to buy from AAC) up to the dome circut above the gas pedal like most folks on the forum are doing. I have the led dome light already. I also would like to also turn the footwell lights on while driving with a dimmable switch that I plan to install on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. I don't want them on full intensity while driving, but just kick em on a tad.

My questions are:

Can it be done? I am thinking just tap into dome circut, then also install switch and have a seperate power source for the dimmer switch. then hooking the lights to both. Do I need any kind of relay for this?

What kind of dimmer switch do I need? Where can I shop for one?

Any help with this would be great! I am a intermediate wiring guy, but I wanted to get it right in my head before I begin.

Thanks,
hendrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
simply go to your 4 gauge pack and tap the interior light wire, you do not need a dimmer switch it will dim with your interior, as for a switch switch the ground instead of the power
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
simply go to your 4 gauge pack and tap the interior light wire, you do not need a dimmer switch it will dim with your interior, as for a switch switch the ground instead of the power
That's the best advice so far. Camaro4mybday right on
Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #14
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
My footwell lighting is currently connected to my dome light. If I wanted to install a switch so that I could turn them on manually what would I need. I want the lights to still come on with the dome, however i want the option to turn them on manually also. Would I need a three position switch or can I just wire the dome light to the nutral and the constant power to the positive terminal on the switch and wire the Footwells lighting to both.

Another option I was thinking about was just leave them wired to the dome directly and install a jumper to the switch so I can turn them on manually also.

Any Suggestions?
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
I connected (hooked) a new hot wire from battery post. Ran wire thru small rubber gromit under steering wheel column. I have a switch for footwell lighting, and a switch to cut power off to my "Blue" Halo's. Most with AAC Halo's remote box are on same frequency. Only way to keep a friend from cutting on is a lighted switch. The AAC blue footwells are not so bright that you can drive with them on. There is a screw to frame by left bottom of stereo for ground. Part that takes stomach is cutting out the hole for the switch...lol, don't make the hole too "BIG". Take a little at a time for snug fit....