Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
IDEALG
"Chevy" rumbles best

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
what additional fees am i looking at??

im going to order my 2011 2ss/rs im trying to figure out everything before the dealer trys to pull a fast one on me. i've read a ton of posts on here and got a lot of information . thank you to all who have posted helpful info. i've figured out that invoice on the car im ordering will be $36,591.50 or within a few hundred of that. msrp is $38,900
dealer said they would give me car for $700 over invoice but they dont know i have these numbers. round it to $36,600 add $700 you get $37,300 this is what im telling them i want the car for. now what extra charges or scam charges are they going to throw at me??? what do i have to take and what dont i have to take?? i already have a sheet with these items im not standing for : no front license plate bracket, no etched windows, and no wheel insurance. but what else do they have up their sleeves??
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
anglwngss
Treasurer LoneStarCamaro

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Warranties and Gap insurance. With mine, Gap insurance is less expensive through my insurance company. Plus, I'm not financing it for the length of the loan.

Questions about Lone Star Camaro? Email me: Treasurer@LoneStarCamaro.com
anglwngss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
IDEALG
"Chevy" rumbles best

yeah i knew gap insurance is one of them , dont know if i should get that or not. prolly dont need it. does anyone know how much it is ? im just trying to make sure no $$ gets added to something and i dont catch it. these saleman on speed are really pissing me off why do i always get the nut jobs. i think i might just go to another dealer instead of dealing with this guy. after i told him exactly what i wanted and told him he wouldnt find one anywhere he still tried to sell me something else. i laughed at him and said thats not what i want.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
Gap insurance was$795 though GMAC. We refinanced the car a year later and got reimbursed about $650. When we refinanced it, the car was worth even more than we paid for it. Also, some of the colors cost more. We have a 2010 2SS IOM and I think it cost $350 more. Do your financing through a credit union.
KATHY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
anglwngss
Treasurer LoneStarCamaro

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
They told me it was only $10 or so dollars a month, Doesn't sound like a lot, but I don't like to pay anything I don't feel I need. It's $5 through the insurance. Plus, when the gap insurance is no longer needed, I can cancel it. Can't do that if you get it through the loan.

Some dealers charge a document processing fee. There's a thread somewhere asking how much people were charged. I think it went from free up to $500. I paid $75 for it.

Questions about Lone Star Camaro? Email me: Treasurer@LoneStarCamaro.com
anglwngss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Dealer fee. Some dealers charge up to $800. Some people try to haggle it down to $0 or threaten to walk but, you gotta be prepared to in many cases. I only paid a $99 dealer fee and that was just fine by me as this dealer is the only one that had the exact car i wanted on the lot. $99 wasn't worth walking away.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
IDEALG
"Chevy" rumbles best

thanks guys ill see what happens