Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
njdad61

Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Vendors who sell Technostalgia LED Tail Lamps???

I have read through the APEX threads regarding these tail lamps, and the back order volume right now appears to be massive... The last few posts with order numbers posted indicates the company is at least a couple hundred orders behind. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have seen many posts from APEX reps and they seem to be genuinely good guys, but the problem lies dually in the manufacturer not producing enough tail lamps to meet demand and APEX's popularity on the forums. Which brings me to the point of this thread:

Does anyone know of any other (reputable) companies that sell these tail lamps and if they actually have them in stock? I just did a quick google search and saw that JC Whitney carries them, but couldn't get a feel from their website if they really had them ready to ship. If anyone has any info or has ordered from another vendor, it would be greatly appreciated!
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
if you have any Q ask jason
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...taillights.htm
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
They are the same tail lights from the same manufacturer so unless they bought up some inventory you might still have to wait.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
njdad61

Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
They are the same tail lights from the same manufacturer so unless they bought up some inventory you might still have to wait.
I think the main reason for the popularity of the tail lamp through APEX is their presence on the forum. I mean, I found out about them and knew I had to have them through the original APEX thread introducing the tail lamps. If the backorder list wasn't so long, I'd place an order with them this second. I'm just hoping another company's lack of advertising will work in my favor.
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
FRITZM
F.O.G

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 6.2 SS
TECHNOSTALGIA REAR LED TAIL LIGHTS

ORDERED MINE 3 WEEKS AGO AND WAS JUST TOLD TODAY BY J C WHITNEY THAT THEY ARE BACKLOGGED UNTIL 8/11/2011. FROM BROWSING IT SEEMS THAT BESIDES WHITNEY, APEX IS THE ONLY PROMINENT RETAILER OF THIS PRODUCT.
FRITZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Year One has them on their site. Don't know if they are stocked though.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
I got mine through badmad industries when they first came out
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
It's at least some months before u get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
I have read through the APEX threads regarding these tail lamps, and the back order volume right now appears to be massive... The last few posts with order numbers posted indicates the company is at least a couple hundred orders behind. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have seen many posts from APEX reps and they seem to be genuinely good guys, but the problem lies dually in the manufacturer not producing enough tail lamps to meet demand and APEX's popularity on the forums. Which brings me to the point of this thread:

Does anyone know of any other (reputable) companies that sell these tail lamps and if they actually have them in stock? I just did a quick google search and saw that JC Whitney carries them, but couldn't get a feel from their website if they really had them ready to ship. If anyone has any info or has ordered from another vendor, it would be greatly appreciated!

I order mine last December on the 12 to be exact and I didn't get them till late April . There was a point where I thought Apex was scamming me, and they keep saying next week, next week, and next week. But the wait paid , now I am the only one around my area with sequential LED tail lights, some of my friends Order theirs but I know for sure I will be the only one with them for a while more.
Hennesseyrgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I'm waiting on someone to make a better looking led tail.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Apex last fall.
2nd shipment.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote