Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
Knein

Drives: 2011 RJT Auto RS
GM Performance Intake

Anyone know anything about the GM performance air intake for the V6?
I see they actually have pictures of it now. It just looks like the normal intake, but with a silver box instead of black. What's the difference?
Knein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knein View Post
Anyone know anything about the GM performance air intake for the V6?
I see they actually have pictures of it now. It just looks like the normal intake, but with a silver box instead of black. What's the difference?
The chrome box is the old one, that design was scrapped and they went back to the drawing board. There was rumors about Airad getting involved with the design of the new one. It was supposedly on the XM car at SEMA. I've asked around and there's nothing official except that there are more accessories coming in the spring.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I've looked through both the GM Acceries website as well as the GM Performance Parts catalog and have found nothing so far for a performance intake for the current generation Camaro. This may change in the future but I do not have information to confirm this. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
I finally gave up waiting. I had paid for the GM Air Intake Kit back in August of 2009, the same time that I had ordered and paid for my GMPP Exhaust System (with Tips). Well the Exhaust System came in real fast. As for the Air In take System I got tired of waiting for it and the Dealership refunded my money back to me the Monday before last. Last Wednesday I ordered the Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake and it is suppose to be delievered tomorrow, I hope to have it installed this weekend.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote