Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Where will you meet up?
North LA area 5 8.93%
South Bay/South LA 8 14.29%
High Desert 1 1.79%
Inland Empire 14 25.00%
OC- Buena Park 11 19.64%
South OC 2 3.57%
Murietta 2 3.57%
Escondido 1 1.79%
San Diego 8 14.29%
Cabazon 2 3.57%
Other 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
comm17
SoCal RaceTeam
 
comm17's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS Vert '10 IBM 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,523
CF2 SoCal Convoy Meet up locations and Times

UPDATED 8 DAYS!!!


Ok guys and girls, we have 54 days and counting…..Are you ready??
What group will you be cruising to Cabazon with? Here are the area’s we have set up. If it’s not on there click other and post up where you want to meet.
All SoCal groups should plan to be in Cabazon at 1:00 to meet the Nor Cal guys and gals and be ready to leave NTL 2:00 The Nor Cal group should arrive between 12:45 and 1:15 will fuel and eat and be ready to roll by 2:00.
Here are the Meeting points for So Cal:

Northern LA area: Bob’s Big Boy 4211 West Riverside Dr, Burbark
this can catch everyone north of LA
Meet Time: 10:30 Departure Time: 11:00
POC: ChvyBo$$ - Felipe

South Bay/Southern LA: Alpine Village Torrance Ave and I-110
Meet Time: 10:45 Departure Time: 11:15
POC: InfernoLS3 Jason-3109899672

High Desert Area: Main Street and the I-15 (unless someone in the area wants to suggest somewhere else)
Meet Time: 11:00 Departure Time: 11:30
POC

IE: Moreno Valley Lowes Parking Lot Day Street and the 60
Early Group leaving at 8:00
Meet Time: 7:30 Departure Time: 8:00
POC: comm17 - Trish

IE: Moreno Valley Lowes Parking Lot Day Street and the 60
Meet Time: 12:00 Departure Time: 12:30
POC: Edlocs - Ed

OC: Carls Jr 8361 La Palma Ave Buena Park
Meet Time: 10:15 Departure Time: 10:45
POC: Iwantone2 Miguel

South OC: Meeting with the OC groups in Buena Park
Meet Time: 10:15 Departure Time: 10:45
POC: Iwantone2 Miguel

South Riverside County: Sam's Club Parking Lot Murrietta Hot Springs & the 215
Meet Time: 11:30 Departure Time: 12:00
POC: SilverFoxx - Ed


San Diego: are you guys still meeting at Qualcomm?( possible you will be meeting in Escondido, check back in a few days for location)
Meet Time: 10:15 Departure Time: 10:45
POC

San Diego: Early group leaving at 8:00 am going out the 8
Greenfield exit of I-8 in El Cajon, Ca.
Meet Time: 7:30 Departure Time: 8:00
POC: arod55 - Armondo


North San Diego: Escondido
Meet Time: 10:45 Departure Time: 11:15
POC


Meetup spot in Quartzsite:
the east end and at the intersection of Mockingbird St. at Riggles Ave. Exit 19. There's an AM/PM here with a new back lot for trucks but they don't carry diesel fuel yet.


Meet Up Spot for Nor Cal and So Cal Peeps! (CABAZON-Morongo)

Name:  cabazon map.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  103.1 KB
__________________

Last edited by comm17; 04-12-2011 at 09:49 AM.
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
comm17
SoCal RaceTeam
 
comm17's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS Vert '10 IBM 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,523
I will send out contact info and maps via email so make sure if you haven't already please send me your contact info that is requested from this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127354
__________________

Last edited by comm17; 02-18-2011 at 01:41 PM.
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm17 View Post
Ok guys and girls, we have 54 days and counting…..Are you ready??
What group will you be cruising to Cabazon with? Here are the area’s we have set up. If it’s not on there click other and post up where you want to meet.
All SoCal groups should plan to be in Cabazon at 1:00 to meet the Nor Cal guys and gals and be ready to leave NTL 2:00 The Nor Cal group should arrive between 12:45 and 1:15 will fuel and eat and be ready to roll by 2:00.
Here are the Meeting points for So Cal:

Northern LA area: Bob’s Big Boy 4211 West Riverside Dr, Burbark
this can catch everyone north of LA
Meet Time: 10:30 Departure Time: 11:00
POC: ChvyBo$$ - Felipe

South Bay/Southern LA: Alpine Village Torrance Ave and I-110
Meet Time: 10:45 Departure Time: 11:15
POC
High Desert Area: Main Street and the I-15 (unless someone in the area wants to suggest somewhere else)
Meet Time: 11:00 Departure Time: 11:30
POC

IE: Moreno Valley Lowes Parking Lot Day Street and the 60
Meet Time: 12:00 Departure Time: 12:30
POC:

OC: Carls Jr 8361 La Palma Ave Buena Park
Meet Time: 11:00 Departure Time: 11:30
POC: Iwantone2 Miguel

South OC: old Circuit City El Toro Road and the 5
Meet Time: 10:45 Departure Time: 11:15
POC

South Riverside County: Sam's Club Parking Lot Murrietta Hot Springs & the 215
Meet Time: 11:30 Departure Time: 12:00
POC

San Diego: are you guys still meeting at Qualcomm?
Meet Time: 10:15 Departure Time: 10:45
POC

North San Diego: Escondido
Meet Time: 10:45 Departure Time: 11:15
POC
Uh-oh...my Yoshi avatar is not wearing the proper attire yet

This can be arranged...

__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
comm17
SoCal RaceTeam
 
comm17's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS Vert '10 IBM 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Uh-oh...my Yoshi avatar is not wearing the proper attire yet

This can be arranged...

Hope you dont mind.....
__________________
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm17 View Post
Hope you dont mind.....
Not at all...

And done!

<---
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem
 
TripleB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hawthorne, California
Posts: 5,653
not sure where i want to meet up. don't really want to head south to meet up, only to come back north. all the others are kind of out of the way. hmm...i'll have to think about this some more.

plus, leaving cabazon at 2pm would put us in phoenix at like 6pm. traffic hour and close to the meet up that night. that is why i was wanting to leave earlier. so i can get there in time to get checked in and chill for a bit before the meet up out there that night.
__________________
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,447
Are we bringing two-way radios? If yes, what channel should we use?
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Are we bringing two-way radios? If yes, what channel should we use?
Very valid question, Rick! Last time, I think we used 5.2 right?
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member
 
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nor☆Cal
Posts: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
plus, leaving cabazon at 2pm would put us in phoenix at like 6pm. traffic hour and close to the meet up that night. that is why i was wanting to leave earlier. so i can get there in time to get checked in and chill for a bit before the meet up out there that night.
I talked to someone who lives in the area and he said traffic starts at 3 and it's a crapshoot till after 6.

And if we stay on schedule (leave Cabazon NLT 2) and get in and out in Quartzsite, we'll be fine. It's 304 miles between Cabazon and the Courtyard and at 75 MPH it's 4 hours minus the stop in Quartzsite. So getting there at 6:30 would give us an hour to get checked in and get ready for the meet and greet..

The good thing is we'll be going on Thursday and not Friday cause traffic is already getting bad.
__________________
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,591
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Nice Job Trish!!!!
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,083
Sweet!! Can't wait
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem
 
TripleB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hawthorne, California
Posts: 5,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
I talked to someone who lives in the area and he said traffic starts at 3 and it's a crapshoot till after 6.

And if we stay on schedule (leave Cabazon NLT 2) and get in and out in Quartzsite, we'll be fine. It's 304 miles between Cabazon and the Courtyard and at 75 MPH it's 4 hours minus the stop in Quartzsite. So getting there at 6:30 would give us an hour to get checked in and get ready for the meet and greet..

The good thing is we'll be going on Thursday and not Friday cause traffic is already getting bad.
Okay, cool that helps.
__________________
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Nice Job Trish!!!!
+1
Good job Trish
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
comm17
SoCal RaceTeam
 
comm17's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS Vert '10 IBM 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
not sure where i want to meet up. don't really want to head south to meet up, only to come back north. all the others are kind of out of the way. hmm...i'll have to think about this some more.

plus, leaving cabazon at 2pm would put us in phoenix at like 6pm. traffic hour and close to the meet up that night. that is why i was wanting to leave earlier. so i can get there in time to get checked in and chill for a bit before the meet up out there that night.
We can add another area for a meet up if you decide to go with the big crew! Just click other and suggest a spot. The one good thing is you should be out of LA before any traffic
__________________
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member
 
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nor☆Cal
Posts: 1,772
Looks good Trish. We're getting there huh??










< 1,000 POSTS
__________________
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
comm17
SoCal RaceTeam
 
comm17's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS Vert '10 IBM 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post

< 1,000th POST

WOOT WOOT!!!!
__________________

Last edited by comm17; 02-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,572
I don't mind being a POC for south bay/ south LA. Jason-3109899672
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem
 
TripleB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hawthorne, California
Posts: 5,653
There's a spot close to the 105 freeway that people met up at when a Marine got his car. It was by Frank's work. That might work. Not really sure since it'll be during the week and people will be parked there.
__________________
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem
 
TripleB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hawthorne, California
Posts: 5,653
Actually scratch that...I'll just meet up with the OC group if I end up driving. I'd be taking the 91 to the 60 anyway.
__________________
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #20
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Actually scratch that...I'll just meet up with the OC group if I end up driving. I'd be taking the 91 to the 60 anyway.
Dude!!! You still plan on leaving at 4am? The 91 freeway starts just down the street from Alpine Village.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Very valid question, Rick! Last time, I think we used 5.2 right?
5.2, roger that
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
Batmaro
 
Batmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SOCAL/COLORADO
Posts: 216
I am seriously considering leaving Wednesday night and staying at Morongo until everyone gets there for the cruise to Phoenix on Thursday afternoon. Anyone else considering that? Looking at their website, they have some nice overnight packages.
__________________
2SS/RS, Black/Gray, 6M and GFX
2G1FT1EW3A9119245 Delivered: 07/07/09
Batmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #23
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,586
I'll meet up with the I.E. group in Moreno Valley.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #24
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM
 
lakers171's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawthorne, Ca
Posts: 2,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Dude!!! You still plan on leaving at 4am? The 91 freeway starts just down the street from Alpine Village.
no offense but i dont' mind you being the POC but can we meet up where we usually meet up? at BOFA in Torrance? I know where Alpine Village is and its a little out of the way for most of us in the south bay. just my .02
__________________
lakers171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem
 
TripleB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hawthorne, California
Posts: 5,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
no offense but i dont' mind you being the POC but can we meet up where we usually meet up? at BOFA in Torrance? I know where Alpine Village is and its a little out of the way for most of us in the south bay. just my .02
or at least one of these threads (there's getting to be too many lol) BofA is closed. they're doing a shit ton of construction there and the lot we usually use is no longer. the temp lot for the bank is too small.

and i'm not sure if i'm gonna be leaving at 4am still. i want to leave earlier than we are with the group, but i want to cruise with the group. also, if Chris doesn't drive with me, i'll be going solo and don't want to make that drive alone, so cruising with the group would be sort of a given...lol
__________________
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.