Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #76
MikeJrSS

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS LS3
You're car is amazing. Took my time to read through all of the post. I have the rims and gfx painted to match as well. All I've done to mine so far is the Stainless Works Retro Chambered exhaust. It's cool to see you're car because you've done the mods I've got lined up for this year. My Roto-Fab should be here next week. After I install that I plan on ordering my headers and suspension upgrades. You're build journal just makes it that much harder not to be patient. lol.
MikeJrSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #77
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Where did you order the SS kick plates from?
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #78
rjdapilmoto

And where did you order the BMR Suspension Kit?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #79
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Thank you. It's been fun & hard. Hard, deciding on what to do & waiting for the parts.

I'm told the interior mods are up to me. I have a few ideas I can ask for, for my birthday & Christmas.

I know it's had to be patient. We purchased racing pedals in April & the kick plates in May. As you saw the kick plates are on. In one of my posts I had said that we'd hopefully get the racing pedals on shortly after posting the pictures of the kick plates. Since there is only 24 hours in a day, some times you just run out of hours in a day. That's life.

My husband asked me if I wanted to put them on last Thursday night before leaving for the weekend to a car show, but we had other things we had to do (& I wanted to relax). So, no worries. All in due time. I know they'll be on before the next car show.

As fun as this car is & the fun we've had together in doing the mods. Family ~ needs to come first, then the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJrSS View Post
You're car is amazing. Took my time to read through all of the post. I have the rims and gfx painted to match as well. All I've done to mine so far is the Stainless Works Retro Chambered exhaust. It's cool to see you're car because you've done the mods I've got lined up for this year. My Roto-Fab should be here next week. After I install that I plan on ordering my headers and suspension upgrades. You're build journal just makes it that much harder not to be patient. lol.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #80
MOMSREDSS

PFYC = Parts For Your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Where did you order the SS kick plates from?
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #81
MOMSREDSS

Phastek Performance

Quote:
And where did you order the BMR Suspension Kit?
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #82
rjdapilmoto

Thanks for the responses! And just like MikeJrSS said.....Your car is amazing!!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #83
MOMSREDSS

A gift from my sister & her husband

My brother-in-law bought a Yellow Challenger last year & surprised us when they came down from Canada for a visit.

They told us of a car show that would be in Spokane in 2011. We told them when they came down for it, that we would drive over & enter the show as well.

We drove over to Spokane on Father's day weekend. It rained :(.

Before it started raining, my sister brought over this amazing gift to us.

My daughters classmate draws 5x7, which I planned on buying. She said she not able to do larger sizes yet.

So when my sister handed this to me, I was just speechless. I put it in a frame last night, but plan on getting a different frame in the future.

Thanks L & D for the amazing picture
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #84
MOMSREDSS

Racing Pedals installed :o)

The racing pedals are installed.

I know it's been a long wait, but life keeps rolling along. When we had nice weather, we just had to go out for a drive .

I have an amazing husband!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #85
rjdapilmoto

That's a clean-looking install! Nice pedals! I ordered mine from SRP, but haven't put them on yet.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #86
MOMSREDSS

Quote:
That's a clean-looking install! Nice pedals! I ordered mine from SRP, but haven't put them on yet.

Thank you. My husband does a fantastic job in any project he's working on.

We were sent rounded headed screws, & they would have stuck up too high. My husband had to go to the store & buy some different screws.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #87
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Awesome photo and the pedals are SWEET! Good job to hubby! Can you please PM me a link to the vendor you bought the pedals from? THanks again and great projects!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #88
MOMSREDSS

My sister told me that it took the lady 2 months to draw this picture of my car.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #89
edgar3

Drives: 2010 2SS
everything looks great. really love the red!

XSPower Longtube + Catback "Engine to Tip" polished steel
VMAX ported Throttle Body
160 degree thermostat
Street Tune East Coast Supercharging
Cold Air Inductions
TRex Phantom Black Billet Grill. Upper and lower
Custom Badging
Lloyd Floors mats
splash guards
Underhood Engine bay done
AAC LED mailslot strip lights
Flowing Cheese Fondue waterfall in console
Various food items to dip into warm cheese
edgar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #90
MOMSREDSS

Thank you ~ I've looked at the Camaro's many times and asked myself, would I have chosen a different color? Good question ~ they made many beautiful colors.

Of all the colors there are, there is only one other that I've seen that I might have considered, that is a Silver with the gray ground effects.

No, I'd still go with the Victory Red. That's the color that jumped out at me & said "You WANT me!"
Old 07-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #91
MOMSREDSS

Interior Stitching...from white to RED

Here is what I've done so far this morning before we have company.

Sad day, no company today. Well, back to work with my pen.

Lego's in the garage & the creative juices are flowing while I'm working on finishing the car.

We'll have 2 amazing projects completed in a few hours.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #92
MOMSREDSS

The artists name & information

Today I was at the All Camaro & Chevy Show. I was asked by several people about my photo (sketched drawing of my car).

The artists name is: Donna Gutteridge
Phone number: 403-604-4868
E-mail: donna.gutteridge@gmail.com

It took her 2 months to sketch it, but well worth the wait.

A big thank you to my husband for all the buffing/waxing he did on the car, and my daughter who helped me with my interior. There were lots of amazing Camaro out there today. I'm still in awe that I was voted Best Camaro for 2011 today.

Thanks for the fun everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #93
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Here's a pic I took.... You and your car are both lookin' good!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #94
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
God those wheels are so sexy!! I am so glad i spent the extra 4 grand.. U have one of the nicest Camaros i have seen!!
dfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #95
MOMSREDSS

I can't take credit for the wheels. The dealer installed them before we bought the car. The wheels & the ground effects were features on the car that we liked.

There are so many nice Camaros out there. Thank you for the compliment.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #96
MOMSREDSS

Saturday started out great. We went out for a drive, had dinner and headed home. I drove at first, then my husband drove home after dinner.

While he was driving he noticed something was wrong. We pulled over & the car wouldn't move : o(. Engine running & in drive... but no forward motion. This is NOT GOOD!!! I'm glad we were only 15 minutes from home.

He looked under the car while I had my foot on the break (e-break off) & in drive ~ the right rear axle was just spinning. My husband thought it was either the cv joint, axle splines or the hub.

We put it in our trailer & took it to the dealership on Sunday AM.

The dealer called to day & said that the splines on the rear outer hub is stripped. Getting new hub & axle hopefully tomorrow. I was told I should have my car back tomorrow night.

Thanks Greg & Scott (everyone @ the dealership) for all you do for me. Greatly appreciated!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #97
rjdapilmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS View Post
Saturday started out great. We went out for a drive, had dinner and headed home. I drove at first, then my husband drove home after dinner.

While he was driving he noticed something was wrong. We pulled over & the car wouldn't move : o(. Engine running & in drive... but no forward motion. This is NOT GOOD!!! I'm glad we were only 15 minutes from home.

He looked under the car while I had my foot on the break (e-break off) & in drive ~ the right rear axle was just spinning. My husband thought it was either the cv joint, axle splines or the hub.

We put it in our trailer & took it to the dealership on Sunday AM.

The dealer called to day & said that the splines on the rear outer hub is stripped. Getting new hub & axle hopefully tomorrow. I was told I should have my car back tomorrow night.

Thanks Greg & Scott (everyone @ the dealership) for all you do for me. Greatly appreciated!!!
I'm sorry you had to go through this, but it looks like you'll be getting your ride back fairly quickly! Is this still under Warranty??
Old 08-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #98
MOMSREDSS

Yes, the repairs were covered under the warranty.

I picked up my car last night. : o)

Thanks Scott (and the team) for getting my car back up & driving again so quickly : o)

Now the sun just needs to come back out!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #99
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Glad you got her fixed! Any new future mods planned?
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #100
MOMSREDSS

Not currently. I have a few cosmetic items I'd like to get.

I'd like a bow tie for on the interior of the hood. I'd like it customized, but haven't decided on what it should say yet. I'd like the Chrome fog light bezles. I haven't looked at anything for 3 months.