Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #101
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Yesterday we were in our last car show for this year. Last year I was voted best 2000 & Newer car.

Yesterday, I was the only 5th Gen Camaro, there was one other older Camaro that was there, but he wasn't parked near me (he was also in a different class than I was).

There was a Mustang club that had come to the show, old & new Mustangs I think totaled 9. Some were in the modified class, some were in the 2000 & Newer, some were in unfinished modified. One had 2 entries on it with the same number (2000 & Newer & modified). I'm not sure how that works out being entered in two classes with the same number.

My husband said in his opinion that that Mustang (entered in two classes) was the Mustang he thought was my competition.

A man who owned a Mustang (last year & this year) walked up to me & asked if I had entered last year. He thought that I was the one who beat his car. I told him, yes I was here last year. He said he has a brand new car he just picked up yesterday entered this year & pointed out his car. He told me he just bought a new 2012 fully loaded Mustang that someone ordered but decided not to buy it. He said, "This car has everything on it that I would have ordered." We talked a little more & he went on his way.

When it came down to the awards, we waited for them to get to our class.... they called my name for the 2000 & Newer Car class. I was excited, yet also wondering how the Mustang owner was doing.

I enter the car shows to meet people. If I win, that's a bonus. I like to share the win with my husband (who bought me the car & helps get it ready) & son (he's so excited if my name is called) for all the time that goes into getting the car ready.

As I said, I enter to meet people. We met this very nice man who owned a 1940's Ford (sorry, don't know the model). His license plate read "Buck 40". He told me that he bought the car after being married for only 3 months & has had the car ever since. It was a nice car. I told him that I had voted for him for Best in Show. He won Best in Show. Sweet guy, he said he hope to see us at other shows. That would be nice.

I have a picture of Buck 40 & my car. I'll post it soon.

Enjoy the sun everyone.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #102
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS View Post
Yesterday we were in our last car show for this year. Last year I was voted best 2000 & Newer car.

Yesterday, I was the only 5th Gen Camaro, there was one other older Camaro that was there, but he wasn't parked near me (he was also in a different class than I was).

There was a Mustang club that had come to the show, old & new Mustangs I think totaled 9. Some were in the modified class, some were in the 2000 & Newer, some were in unfinished modified. One had 2 entries on it with the same number (2000 & Newer & modified). I'm not sure how that works out being entered in two classes with the same number.

My husband said in his opinion that that Mustang (entered in two classes) was the Mustang he thought was my competition.

A man who owned a Mustang (last year & this year) walked up to me & asked if I had entered last year. He thought that I was the one who beat his car. I told him, yes I was here last year. He said he has a brand new car he just picked up yesterday entered this year & pointed out his car. He told me he just bought a new 2012 fully loaded Mustang that someone ordered but decided not to buy it. He said, "This car has everything on it that I would have ordered." We talked a little more & he went on his way.

When it came down to the awards, we waited for them to get to our class.... they called my name for the 2000 & Newer Car class. I was excited, yet also wondering how the Mustang owner was doing.

I enter the car shows to meet people. If I win, that's a bonus. I like to share the win with my husband (who bought me the car & helps get it ready) & son (he's so excited if my name is called) for all the time that goes into getting the car ready.

As I said, I enter to meet people. We met this very nice man who owned a 1940's Ford (sorry, don't know the model). His license plate read "Buck 40". He told me that he bought the car after being married for only 3 months & has had the car ever since. It was a nice car. I told him that I had voted for him for Best in Show. He won Best in Show. Sweet guy, he said he hope to see us at other shows. That would be nice.

I have a picture of Buck 40 & my car. I'll post it soon.

Enjoy the sun everyone.
Nice.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #103
MOMSREDSS

Bucks 40 & my car

Here are a few pictures of the car show. Bucks 40 was the winner of the show.

He was talking to us about engines & told us that his Ford has a "Ford" engine. He thought of a Chevy engine, but he kept his Ford 100% a Ford.

He's had this Ford since he was married only 3 months. He's been married to his wife for 55 years! That's AWESOME!!! I hope that we see him again at another car show & I can meet his wife.

I was happy that he won.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #104
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
congrats on the award!
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #105
MOMSREDSS

PNW College sings for 9/11

Tonight our middle daughter takes off for New York.

November 2010 George Fox University held a concert for Family Weekend. Someone took a video of the concert & posted it on YouTube.

The committee for the 10th Annual 9/11 saw the YouTube video of the concert & asked if the GFU choir would come to sing for them.

What an honor! 9/11 is such an emotional day in for our Country. I know my emotions as a US citizen & a mother are close to the surface. My heart will not be in the PNW, but in New York with my daughter/choir & all of the people who lost their loved ones on 9/11/2001.

May the GFU choir be a blessing to all who hear them. May they sing with grace & love, not letting the day of which they are singing for, over take them personally. May all who participate be blessed in a mighty way.

May the other groups that are also preforming for 9/11 be a blessing .

We talked about going, but decided not to go to New York, other commitments here. I have yet to find out where it will be televised.

Please pray for peace for all who are going. It is such an emotional day.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #106
Chris-10
Tri-County Camaro Tampa

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Great looking car, red is the best looking color on this car, but im a little bias.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #107
MOMSREDSS

b
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-10maro View Post
Great looking car, red is the best looking color on this car, but im a little bias.
There are many great colors, however. ..I love the red too!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #108
MOMSREDSS

Today I drove my son to the bus stop in the Camaro. My son gets on the bus & goes to sit down, then runs to the front of the bus to tell me some girl is taking a picture of my car. Then off he goes to sit down again.

I get asked a lot by the kids on the bus... Can I have your car? The bus driver told me that many of the kids would like a ride in my car. The next generation of Chevy Camaro kids have been born.

We've been waiting for our son to loose one of his front teeth (it's been loose for over a month...) I decided to pick him up in the Camaro, run to town & get a Dairy Queen ice cream cone. We took the long way home. I wanted to drive faster than 35 mph & it was a beautiful day. I couldn't waist the opportunity! Besides... the wet & cold season is upon us. So I just had to stretch her legs one last time before her bath & being put to bed for the season. The drive wasn't long enough.

We're all clean on the outside. Next is the inside & to put the cover on her.

Now it's time to wait & see what I'll get from Santa & for my birthday.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #109
MOMSREDSS

It took a Sunny day, DQ ice cream & a Camaro drive to loose the tooth

What a cutie!
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #110
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Info on the kick-panels? They look great

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #111
MOMSREDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Info on the kick-panels? They look great
Hello Ben,

How are you? Let me get out my note book & look that up. The kick panels are from... PFYC (parts for your car, I'm sure you know the site).

SS Logo Door Kick plates ~ Red Carbon Fiber. $149.95 w/o tax for the pair.

They also had a silver ring that would go around the speaker on the door to accent it. We choose not to get that. I think it looks good with or with out the silver ring.

When things slow down, I'll have to check out what's going on & who's done what.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Tracy
Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #112
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Hello Ben,

How are you? Let me get out my note book & look that up. The kick panels are from... PFYC (parts for your car, I'm sure you know the site).

SS Logo Door Kick plates ~ Red Carbon Fiber. $149.95 w/o tax for the pair.

They also had a silver ring that would go around the speaker on the door to accent it. We choose not to get that. I think it looks good with or with out the silver ring.

When things slow down, I'll have to check out what's going on & who's done what.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Tracy
Thanks Tracy! PYFC is actually new to me, but I'm going to go check it out right now... Car is looking great, keep up the good work!

Glad there are still people out there that remember that holiday between Halloween and Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ben

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #113
MOMSREDSS

Your welcome & thank you.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. I've had Thanksgiving at our house for the last 26 years (except for 2 Thanksgivings, the birth of our daughter & the year I went on "Strike").

We have any where from 20 - 30 people. It's a house full. Everyone brings food, so I'm not doing everything. Just the big thing... The 2 turkeys.

: o) We have many things to be Thankful for... Have a great weekend.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #114
MOMSREDSS

My husband bought me Chrome Fog Light Bezels & blue ambient footwell lighting for my birthday. It's going to be a while before they're installed.

I purchased all 3 Transformers movies ... For us to enjoy. It's a small winter time fix until Spring & Summer arrive again.

Last Tuesday night our daughter was asked... will you marry me? By her boyfriend. Time for another wedding!

We just finished watchingthe first Transformers. It was our sons first time seeing it. He's hooked!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #115
MOMSREDSS

Chrome fog light bezels.

Grace now has her chrome fog light bezels installed. My husband installed them a few months ago. That's one of my birthday presents installed. In time, we'll do the ambient foot well lighting.

We went camping with our daughter & son-in-law on HWY 20. We went for a drive to Winthrop for ice cream and then back to camp. We made many stops & walked around, had a picnic lunch & took plenty of pictures.

We all had a great day! Grace too!
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #116
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Lookin good

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #117
MOMSREDSS

Before the Chrome Fog Light Bezels & After

Here are 2 pictures of the before & after installation of my new chrome fog light bezels.

I really like how it looks. Well, Grace is ready to catch some sun while it's still here.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #118
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Here are 2 pictures of the before & after installation of my new chrome fog light bezels.

I really like how it looks. Well, Grace is ready to catch some sun while it's still here.
That is one beauty indeed. Those bezels look great. Do they look like they reflect more light since they are chromed?

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #119
MOMSREDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Lookin good
Thank you.

Looking forward to the day when we install the ambient lighting in the footwells.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #120
MOMSREDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
That is one beauty indeed. Those bezels look great. Do they look like they reflect more light since they are chromed?
Thank you.

We haven't been out at night since we've installed them. I'll look at them. I'll let you know sometime soon.