Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I am betting you are VERY close to the ball park with $5-6 hundred. I paid $200 shipped for my springs and only $170 TOTAL for the sways BUT that was the C5Fest BOGO deal that you WON'T find again. I am pretty sure you could get all the hardware for what your looking to spend.

Now the install is another thing. I have installed at least 10 sets of each and I can say its VERY easy but takes a while first time. I spent better part of a day on my first spring/sway install but now can do it all in about 3 hours if I stayed at it. If you needed any pointers on installing if you go that route, let me know. Not sure what your tool supply looks like but to do the job you need a lot of metric sockets and open ended wrenchs. You may spend more buying tools than an install. Consider another $100 for a 4 wheel alignment when done. You could always come to our mod day and I'd do it for free but the commute would be hell!

If it came down to it, springs for the stiffness and improved ride and look, then sways. I did springs, then sways about 2 months later. Springs impove the "floaty feel" and bounce over bumps. The ride is a tad rougher but nothing major. The sways will just add increased stability and cornering ability. I would say doing sways first would not be the best route. Sure it could be done but I'd stiffen up the ride first.

As far as strutt tower brace, do that if you like but I will tell you these cars are VERY stiff. You can jack up one side and it lifts BOTH! Its actually pretty amazing! Let me know if you need any pointer/help!!!
Thanks brother, if I do the install myself you can bet I'll be callin

I don't have an extravagant tool arsenal, so I dunno... Just the CAI install meant 3 trips to Kragen
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Thanks brother, if I do the install myself you can bet I'll be callin

I don't have an extravagant tool arsenal, so I dunno... Just the CAI install meant 3 trips to Kragen


No problem buddy! Of the top pf my head you need:

10mm wrench
13mm wrench and socket
15mm wrench and socket
18mm wrench and socket
21mm wrench and socket
22mm wrench and socket
24mm wrench and socket
torque wrench
breaker bar
12" socket entension
24" socket extension (not required but REALLY helps - I just daisy chained a bunch of shorter ones together)
a few torque or star bits (not sure on sizes)
spring compressor
utility knife
low profile jack
4 jack stands (6 if youre like me)


YIKES Never realized it was so much!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post


No problem buddy! Of the top pf my head you need:

10mm wrench
13mm wrench and socket
15mm wrench and socket
18mm wrench and socket
21mm wrench and socket
22mm wrench and socket
24mm wrench and socket
torque wrench
breaker bar
12" socket entension
24" socket extension (not required but REALLY helps - I just daisy chained a bunch of shorter ones together)
a few torque or star bits (not sure on sizes)
spring compressor
utility knife
low profile jack
4 jack stands (6 if youre like me)


YIKES Never realized it was so much!
Holy jeebiss!

I may hunt around for a shop that can do it cheap... I don't even have a garage...
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,628
The last thing you ever want on any car let alone a 5th Gen is CHEAP LABOR. Find a high quality shop that does excellent work and stands behind the work they do and the products they sell. That combination is the best value, best bang for the buck every single time.

The Eibach bars are advertised as 29mm front and rear. I do not know if they are adjustable front and rear, but if they are the best setup for a 5th Gen would have the rear on full hard and the front on full soft. This will reduce understeer. Alignment is just as important in reducing understeer. The magic formula is setting the rear camber to half of the front setting. Turn in can be improved on an OE or modified suspension 5th Gen with front toe OUT. The more you toe it OUT the better the turn in will be. This comes at the direct expense of increased front tire wear. That is the beauty of the Pedders camber specifications, reducing the rear camber will INCREASE tire life.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The last thing you ever want on any car let alone a 5th Gen is CHEAP LABOR. Find a high quality shop that does excellent work and stands behind the work they do and the products they sell. That combination is the best value, best bang for the buck every single time.

The Eibach bars are advertised as 29mm front and rear. I do not know if they are adjustable front and rear, but if they are the best setup for a 5th Gen would have the rear on full hard and the front on full soft. This will reduce understeer. Alignment is just as important in reducing understeer. The magic formula is setting the rear camber to half of the front setting. Turn in can be improved on an OE or modified suspension 5th Gen with front toe OUT. The more you toe it OUT the better the turn in will be. This comes at the direct expense of increased front tire wear. That is the beauty of the Pedders camber specifications, reducing the rear camber will INCREASE tire life.
Thanks Pete! Wish I had the scratch for some Pedders rigging, I hear it's top-notch!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Thanks Pete! Wish I had the scratch for some Pedders rigging, I hear it's top-notch!
Thanks for the compliment. There is always the next time
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Ivas
el Ruco
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 7,387
I installed the Eibach into my '05 GTO; they were just fine. Now, my Camaro has BMR which seem, so far, to be even better.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
bob vogel

 
Drives: 2010 rs ss
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: calif
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Nice! Where? lol
wheel wharehose in anaheim. see devin . but that's kind'a far way for you.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #23
ddavis
boostalicious
 
ddavis's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Ls3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area SF
Posts: 1,030
Heres my honest opinion on my eibach springs. First I was happy with them, but after 10k miles it seemed the car felt a little harsher then before. Maybe it was just me turning into a panzy so i didnt think alot about it. I rode in a friends car with coilovers from pedders and it was superior on the ride quality. Enough for me to order a set of coilovers. Just my 2cents. If you picky about ride quality then you wont beat a coilover. If you dont care about adjustments or having the best ride quality you can, then springs will work for ya fine.
__________________
*Powered by Maggie**553rwhp 541rwtq*
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #24
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,628
Sway bars are straight forward in terms of making a buying decision for the 5th Gen. From the factory, the 5th Gen understeers, a lot. Increasing the size of the rear bar relative to the front will reduce under steer.

Factor #1 Front to Rear Bar Ratio



#2 Strength of the Bars

#3 Are they adjustable front and rear


There are two companies that make an aggressive set of bars that are biased to an over steer mode and Pedders has the strongest sets of bars. Pedders 5th Gen bars have three adjustment positions front and rear giving you optimal control over setup.

Sway bars should not be purchased by price or reputation. One of the best names in the business is selling a giant front bar and small rear bar that will make the OE understeer problem worse that it was with the factor bars.

Check out the bar diameters.
Determine the bar strength.
Make an informed buying decision.

One last note, Pedders bars all come complete with Pedders OE quiet high efficiency endlinks.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #25
Camaro21


 
Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,043
I have the Eibach Springs & Sways on mine and love them..

You can get them HERE for $261.10 with Free Shipping !! That is where I got mine! I paid a little more last year !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
Rallyman6
Member
 
Rallyman6's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wellesley Hills, MA
Posts: 850
I love the sways - the springs I think make the car a little bouncy.
__________________

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: EIBACH SPRINGS AND SWAYS INSTALLED !!!! leonardo Local Marketplace 12 01-21-2011 01:41 AM
Eibach Prokit and Anti Roll kit Sale Ethan@HigherPower Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 26 02-17-2010 07:29 AM
Good SoCal Driving Roads SS 376 USA - California 7 12-22-2009 10:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.