Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
c0rsa180
 
c0rsa180's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 208
Ordering Decisions (Dilemma)

I just want to start out by saying this site is the greatest!!!! I dont post much but I check the site at least 5 times a day and the information provided is amazing

Ok now for my dillema...I'm 3 months away from graduating with my Masters in Accounting and have a job lined up starting in October. I originally planned on buying my camaro around when I first started the new job but I recently had a little run in with a wall with my current car (long story but it was snowing hit some black ice, spun accross three lanes and hit a concrete barrier) and my plans are changing.

Still deciding on colors (I would like to see CGM on a Camaro) but am seriously leaning towards a 2SS IOM 6M. Figured with all the pricing lists posted that I would be looking at roughly a 35k car, and with the 10k im putting down as a downpayment that would make a 25k 60 month loan which would make my monthly payments with a 6% interest rate of about $500-550. Like I said I'm a full time graduate student, and between my internship and work as a teaching assistant I can easily afford the payments no problem.

I still have to take into account the insurance costs for this car seeing as I'm a 22 year old driver with no accidents on my record (I dont have collission on my current car so I didnt file an accident report) and one ticket on my record (5 years ago) and I currently pay $600 a year for my 96 bonneville under my own policy...yada yada yada

My real problem is deciding if I should wait till October to purchase the car or if I should put in my order now and accept delivery (May/June?) and if I would be able to recieve a car loan for that amount (I have a good credit score of around 770).

I've been wanting this car ever since Bumblebee showed up in Transformers and now that the time is approaching for me to finally purchase my dream car, I'm not sure if I should be paitent or just pull the trigger and order it

Sorry for all this venting but I was just looking for some advice as to what you guys would do if you were in my position...Decisions Decisions...
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
First, congrats on the Masters!

That 770 is great, and since you're currently also working, I doubt getting a loan would be a problem. Still it would be good to talk to a bank or loan company to be sure the financing is a go.


I doubt anyone knows for sure, but I would think putting an order in now probably wouldn't get you a car until maybe July, but more likely August or September. Of course it depends on what order you would be out of the dealer's total allotment (through Q3). There just aren't any guarantees. Good luck!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
c0rsa180
 
c0rsa180's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 208
Thanks for the grats...I cant wait to be finished with schooling...

August/September would be fine, it would be a nice birthday present to myself...

Would I need to get the loan approved now or just do the pre-order and small downpayment thing now, and worry about the loan at a later time?
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
R1Ecko
 
R1Ecko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Allen TX
Posts: 269
Some people have said that the dealership ran their credit when they put down their deposit but I'm not sure you have to do that now. I know I'm preordering at the end of Feb but I just got finished with a credit counseling service so hopefully I won't have to apply for credit until I have a few months to beef up my credit score and the car is actually available for delivery. Has anyone else had to apply for their loan already?
R1Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
I have no loan approval yet, and I believe most others don't either, just a $500 downpayment. Both loan pre-approval and downpayment are up to the dealer. GM doesn't require either.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ordering ?s ordering mine soon GM4LIFE Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 8 04-28-2009 02:05 AM
Concern over ordering a 2010 Camaro Zatari Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 01-12-2009 02:17 PM
Questions about ordering 1967rsss Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 12 01-01-2009 08:52 PM
Ordering, Allocation, and Pricing News....Your one stop thread. CamaroScotty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 101 09-29-2008 03:26 PM
Factory Direct Ordering The_Stache Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 55 03-16-2008 10:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.