Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
2009 Quickest cars 0-60 $20-25,000

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...25_000_feature

Man the Toyota at 5.8 sec? Who would of known that boring car would be that fast. Maybe I should get the V8.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Because they've got a massive .1 of a second on you (on paper, nonetheless)? Remember, being fast is one thing, but the fun-factor of that car, I'll bet...is maybe 2 on a scale to 10.

Anyways, nice article. I think when they do price-point comparisons; it's eye-opening most of the time.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Mazdaspeed 3

Base Price: $23,410
0-to-60-mph time: 5.4 sec
Quarter-mile time: 14.0 sec @ 101 mph

Ok v6 camaro boys better show some respect when you this car on the road. like i said before watch out for the rice.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Mazdaspeed 3

Ok v6 camaro boys better show some respect when you this car on the road. like i said before watch out for the rice.
LOL they be so quick to turbo/ S/C their car its ridiculous

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
Lumina SS
Corvette Z51

Drives: Corvette Z51 476rwhp & camaro
this mazda 3 are so scary maybe it's faster than the lt-1 camaro on the quarter mile
Old 02-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Mazdaspeed 3

Eh, it'll be close. Lets wait for the magazines to get ahold of the camaro and test it. I have a feeling it will be a drivers race.
- Xanthos
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
0235th
Lol wut

Drives: 2010 Cobalt LS
They think the stang as a torquey (pardon my lack of spelling lol) v6? lmao
0235th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Mazdaspeed 3

The funny thing is, the Cobalt is supposed to compete with the mazda. An RX-8 is a better comparison (but then it's more money than 25k).
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Mazdaspeed 3

Ricers are people, not cars...
Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I agree!
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #11
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
what about subaru impreza or mazda rx8 ???
aren't they in the same price range?
also there is a big look difference, seriously
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
wjones14

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
I for one quit buying anti American magazines along time ago. They have jumped on the rice burners back in the 80's as being superior to the big three. Their view point has hurt a lot of American jobs. I do not think they show proper numbers. Fixed is more like it. The almighty YEN speaks for them. Power to weight ratio they do not compete with pure horsepower.

//
I don't like rice burners any more than you do, but the Mazdaspeed3 does indeed have an excellent power to weight ratio. It has 263 hp and weighs 3000 lbs. No two ways about it, those cars are quick, especially considering their price range.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #13
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Then again, Mazda is a division of ford.
- Xanthos
Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
t3chfr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
I for one quit buying anti American magazines along time ago. They have jumped on the rice burners back in the 80's as being superior to the big three. Their view point has hurt a lot of American jobs. I do not think they show proper numbers. Fixed is more like it. The almighty YEN speaks for them. Power to weight ratio they do not compete with pure horsepower.

//
You should test drive a mazdaspeed 3. I think youd be surprised at how wrong your statement is. How would it hurt american jobs when its made in North america?? I think youve been misinformed there buddy.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
t3chfr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
- Xanthos
I dont think they are anymore. I thought I seen something about them selling their shares off. Ill have to check my R&T mags again.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
wjones14

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
You should test drive a mazdaspeed 3. I think youd be surprised at how wrong your statement is. How would it hurt american jobs when its made in North america?? I think youve been misinformed there buddy.
You're right the Mazdaspeed 3 is an impressive car for $23K. However, buying a Mazda, even if it is assembled in North America, is not the same as buying a car from one of the Big Three. When you buy a Mazda, for the most part, the profit goes to Japan. And that's the difference.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #17
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Name:  ricer-48377.jpg
Views: 109812
Size:  31.7 KB

I do believe this car is as much of a Ricer as the person who did it to it.

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, no?
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #18
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
- Xanthos
not any more
Old 02-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
what about subaru impreza or mazda rx8 ???
aren't they in the same price range?
also there is a big look difference, seriously

One could probably get into a new Subaru WRX (265hp) for around $25k. The new Subaru WRX runs low to mid 5 sec 0-60mph and mid to high 13s in the 1/4 mile. Its a fast little car.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread so far has made me come to several conclusions.

We need to show some respect to cars that we ignored in the past. These 4-bangers have been getting more and more aggressive competitive racers. What used to be irreplaceable displacement has been combatted with weight-reduced sedans from Japan. Otherwise known as economy cars, their performance brands have become reputable competitors. Despite their questionable histories as cosmetically enhanced junk, they have become fast and mean.

Ford recently sold its majority stake in Mazda. There's no hiding behind its facade as an American company anymore. Mazda is an import. Ford still has a big enough stake to influence Mazda's business, but it isn't the majority of the coalition anymore.

Cheap cars can be fast. Hasn't the Cobalt SS taught you guys anything?

Journalism isn't what it used to be. Performance magazines write to their audiences. Would you be happy with Super Chevy if the featured car on the cover was a BMW? Think about it. Tuner magazines focus on affordable cars that can be tuned at little cost when compared to expensive performers. The big V8s are the bad guys, and the little soda-displacement cars from the East are the good guys. As the inexpensive underdogs, parents buy them for 16-year-olds thinking that they will be safe. Instead of learning to be disciplined drivers who can handle lots of power, they become reckless drivers who can barely handle the 120 whp that they get from their pre-owned Toyotas. What this has become is a river of cash from the pockets of young Pizza Hut delivery drivers to the wallets of Japanese car magazine promoters. If you expected anything less from a magazine heavily funded by Hyundai ads, then you're nuts.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
rmbrady

Drives: 68 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This thread so far has made me come to several conclusions.

We need to show some respect to cars that we ignored in the past. These 4-bangers have been getting more and more aggressive competitive racers. What used to be irreplaceable displacement has been combatted with weight-reduced sedans from Japan. Otherwise known as economy cars, their performance brands have become reputable competitors. Despite their questionable histories as cosmetically enhanced junk, they have become fast and mean.

Ford recently sold its majority stake in Mazda. There's no hiding behind its facade as an American company anymore. Mazda is an import. Ford still has a big enough stake to influence Mazda's business, but it isn't the majority of the coalition anymore.

Cheap cars can be fast. Hasn't the Cobalt SS taught you guys anything?

Journalism isn't what it used to be. Performance magazines write to their audiences. Would you be happy with Super Chevy if the featured car on the cover was a BMW? Think about it. Tuner magazines focus on affordable cars that can be tuned at little cost when compared to expensive performers. The big V8s are the bad guys, and the little soda-displacement cars from the East are the good guys. As the inexpensive underdogs, parents buy them for 16-year-olds thinking that they will be safe. Instead of learning to be disciplined drivers who can handle lots of power, they become reckless drivers who can barely handle the 120 whp that they get from their pre-owned Toyotas. What this has become is a river of cash from the pockets of young Pizza Hut delivery drivers to the wallets of Japanese car magazine promoters. If you expected anything less from a magazine heavily funded by Hyundai ads, then you're nuts.
Well Hyundai is a Korean car manufacturer, so I think your massive conspiracy theory is a little weak.

As far as being mad at imports for being anti-American. Is it better for the car to be made in America, or for the company to be headquartered in America? The people putting many of those toyotas, hondas, subarus, etc. are hard working blue-collar Americans, where many of the the so called American cars (including the Camaro) are built in other countries (Canada and Mexico), which might help out the white collar employees at GM, but is doing no service to the American people that are most in need of jobs.
rmbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #22
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
well,
most magazines tend to be relatives of playboy rather than top gear and jeremy clarck.
its a pity realy, articles about import chicks are better than those about the cars.
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #23
VMax2007
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Vmax
I'd rather drive a slow cool car than a fast ricer.

Fast don't mean shit when you look like a ****ing homo driving a rice-mobile.

2007 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0 VMax 4x4
92 Octane Performance Tune by Black Bear Performance.
VMax2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #24
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbrady View Post
Well Hyundai is a Korean car manufacturer, so I think your massive conspiracy theory is a little weak.

As far as being mad at imports for being anti-American. Is it better for the car to be made in America, or for the company to be headquartered in America? The people putting many of those toyotas, hondas, subarus, etc. are hard working blue-collar Americans, where many of the the so called American cars (including the Camaro) are built in other countries (Canada and Mexico), which might help out the white collar employees at GM, but is doing no service to the American people that are most in need of jobs.
And VW is from Germany. I get your point, but you clearly don't get mine. If you run a magazine and expect to sell ads, you tailor to those who are buying ads to keep their business. It's basic sales. Figure out your consumer and do things their way. If you have a magazine oriented towards tuners, and the average tuner drives a Honda, then you sell ads to companies selling Honda parts. If a magazine is called Import Tuner, then you can expect to see ads from import tuning companies. It's not rocket science. Hyundai was an example of an import. By the way, Korea isn't domestic so you should have been able to figure out my point without this meaningless paragraph of explanation.

Additionally, those who think that foreign companies are more domestic than American companies can leave. Wal-mart hires domestic workers but funds China with all the products they buy, so they might as well be Chinese. Follow the money trail. Toyota's taxes go to Tokyo. GM's taxes go to Washington, DC. It's really simple. Just because someone has a Tundra with some assembly done in the States doesn't mean that Toyota is an American company. If you go to Italy, you don't become Italian. If you live there and commit to an Italian lifestyle, then you become Italian. American companies are American. Just because you go somewhere with a pile of cash and start investing doesn't mean you put their interests first. Your goal is to make money on your investment, and that is what Toyota is doing. They say that they throw money at America, and Americans are foolishly convinced that they care. It's all about money, not you. It's called business. It's amazing that people don't understand something that has existed this way for ages.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #25
VMax2007
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Vmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Additionally, those who think that foreign companies are more domestic than American companies can leave. Wal-mart hires domestic workers but funds China with all the products they buy, so they might as well be Chinese. Follow the money trail. Toyota's taxes go to Tokyo. GM's taxes go to Washington, DC. It's really simple. Just because someone has a Tundra with some assembly done in the States doesn't mean that Toyota is an American company. If you go to Italy, you don't become Italian. If you live there and commit to an Italian lifestyle, then you become Italian. American companies are American. Just because you go somewhere with a pile of cash and start investing doesn't mean you put their interests first. Your goal is to make money on your investment, and that is what Toyota is doing. They say that they throw money at America, and Americans are foolishly convinced that they care. It's all about money, not you. It's called business. It's amazing that people don't understand something that has existed this way for ages.

Well said!

2007 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0 VMax 4x4
92 Octane Performance Tune by Black Bear Performance.
VMax2007 is offline   Reply With Quote