|Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.|
|02-22-2011, 01:29 AM||#1|
Neogenix's 2011 SS/RS BLK/BLK Build Thread
So I got my bebe, and here it is before I've done any work on it. It's a 2011 2SS RS Black with Black Leather, Polished Rims and a Sunroof. As of today it has 900 miles on it (Since Feb 3rd. It was born around 2 weeks before that). I'm going to use this thread to Journal the things I do, and some pics of said things.
2/19/2011: Ceramic Tint, 35%/20% - xx-xx-xx :( never managed to fix it properly (San Antonio)
3/20/2011: SLP Skipshift - Amazon
I've got the following mods in mind from here on out:
* Black Out Rear Lights (http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1702)
* Matte Black Long-Style Rally Stripes
* GM Ground Effects Painted Black (http://www.chevypartsplus.com/produc...-models-p-1850)
* GM Heritage Grille Painted Black (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=20999488)
* High Wing Spoiler Painted Black (http://www.chevypartsplus.com/produc...ack-gba-p-1973)
* Black Billet Fuel Door (http://www.chevypartsplus.com/produc...locking-p-6264)
* AAC Camaro Concepts Side Markers (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...rkersSale.aspx)
* AAC Foglight Halos (http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ights-halo.htm)
* AAC Camaro High Power Reverse Lights (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...everseLED.aspx)
* Color Matched Badges (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=Electric)
* Ghost Armor Protection Kit (http://www.ghost-armor.com/Chevrolet...n_Package.html)
* Blend Mount for Radar Detector (http://www.blendmount.com/index.html)
* Subthump Trunk Mounts for Sub & Amp (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...Camaro-2010-Up)
* C.A.I Intake (http://www.pfyc.com/pc/CA3041/CANEW/...?a_aid=froogle)
* SLP Thermometer Doohicky (http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=100229)
* MGW Race Knob (http://www.mgwltd.com/camaro2010_race_knob.shtml)
* MGW Short Shifter (http://www.mgwltd.com/camaro2010_sho..._shifter.shtml)
* SLP Skipshift Doohicky (http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=21008)
I'm still trying to decide on headers, and exhaust. At some point I'll also be doing new wheels, tires, and then lowering / suspension.
So, comments? Anything I've missed?
Last edited by neogenix; 04-30-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: SLP Skipshift
|02-22-2011, 09:00 AM||#4|
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Sweet deal! Love the build threads.
494-TINT...they do GOOD work.
Suspension? I just got all Pedders stuff. I'll let ya know how it goes in that area.
Headers? Get Stainless Works!!! (or Justin's ARH)...but I prefer Stainless.
Shifter? I am going to see about removing my Hurst and getting the factory Hurst put in. Too much play in the current one I"m using.
Cool mods and look forward to seeing it get built up!
|02-22-2011, 03:22 PM||#5|
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Looks great so far Neo.
All of the mods you listed are going to be personal preferrence.
Just beware of drone when selecting your headers/catback.
If you're getting suspension, do yourself a favor and skip drop springs and go right to coilovers. You'll thank me later. =)
As for brands of recommendation, I agree with Tag.
I have Stainless Works and Pedders stuff.
The only shifter that I like that doesn't have much play in the lever is the MGW. hurst/barton both feel very loose side to side even when in gear and that bothers me.
|02-22-2011, 03:47 PM||#6|
As for the headers, I'm torn, part of me doesn't want to have to map the ECU to make the CEL go dark, but then what good options do I have that won't have that effect? Are their Stainless Works bits that don't create the CEL quirk?
As for the shifter, I'm also trying to work out which one I'd like more. I test drove one of the factory ones in one of my first SS test drives, and it honestly felt little to no different from the stock, I know that 22% is a lot, but it just didn't feel worth the difference. I may just go straight to the AM Hurst one, or possibly the MGX.
You'll no doubt be stuck giving me insight, you can't get away!!
I'll keep that in mind around the Hurst/Barton shifters. I like the look of the MGW so far, so it's actually the one I was thinking about anyway
Thanks for the update Guys!!
|02-27-2011, 11:15 PM||#8|
Thinking about adding an exhaust cutout at some point, the sound just sounds amazing... Here're the ones I have in mind :
Race Ready: http://store.racereadyperformance.co...ding_p_55.html
I read somewhere that they fail 'open' but, on further research, I'm assuming when they fail, they'll fail to whatever position they were previously at. Other than that, thinking about where one would put the controller for said beasties...
Actually found a post with a video of the QTP one :
And, found this too, which could be pretty cool :
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware)||zlathim||3rd Generation Camaros||7||02-20-2013 12:04 AM|
|The Official Ocean City, MD Spring Cruisin' 2011 Thread May 19-22, 2011||StangKiller-SS||USA - Mid-Atlantic||11||05-09-2011 04:13 PM|
|Think about this and the Z28 5th gen||13F20||Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics||41||09-04-2010 01:59 AM|
|APF "Stage II" Turbo Build Thread | 2010 Camaro SS!||Trevor@APF||Forced Induction - V8||1||01-19-2010 07:50 PM|