Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
skittleoncrack

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (LS3, 150-Shot N2O)
Going sprayed for first time. need a little help

Ok. So I've been driving forced induction tuners for years now. I finally sold my last one (an SRT4) and decided to get a LS3 camaro.

I'm wanting to go a little different this time around. I'm wanting to use nitrous, but I'm not sure exactly what all I need to go sprayed.

First question. How much is decently safe? I've heard 150 isn't a bad a shot for the LS3.

My main question: If I spray a 150wet shot. What cam would be best for me? Brand? Lift? Duration? I've heard of LS2 guys talking about using a .620 on the bottle.

I've already got a local LS2 tuner/expert that is going to tune the car and has offered his opinion on this, but I wanted to check here as well.
skittleoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
All you need to spary an LS3 is the kit. Other parts I recommend is a window switch or progressive controller, bottle heater and pressure guage. Remeber to pull timing either in the tune or using an MSD box. Cam really doesn't matter much with spray. 150 is a safe shot on an LS3 with the proper timing pulled.
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
skittleoncrack

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (LS3, 150-Shot N2O)
k. would an MSD box only pull timing when the system is armed? Id rather not pull timing with my trinity since I wont always be spraying at WOT.
skittleoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
150 is fairly safe

You need to pull timing, if you have an aftermarket tune on your car. There is no way around that. If you want to risk blowing up your motor, than don't. There are lots of ways to pull timing just when you are spraying and not when you aren't. like the lingenfelter controller or the hsw interface. I have no experience with the MSD unit, so I can't say there

Don't bother about cam specs. Getting a "nitrous cam" is for people who run big shots of nitrous (250+). If you aren't spraying that much, than don't worry too much about it.

a window switch is damn near necessary (I wouldn't ever do the fast and furious push button setup in a car), a progressive controller is nice, but isn't worth it really in your situation.

Bottle heater should also be considered necessary, with a 150 shot, i wouldn't bother getting a nano setup.

Same goes for a purge... not only for just the cool factor but for the function (and it's cheap)

Blow down tube is strongly recommended

fuel pressure safety switch is retarded

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The LPE LNC-002 box isn't available yet. They should be re-releasing it soon. The MSD box has a knob to toggle between the 2 tunes. The added benefit with the LPE unit is that it also doubles as a launch controller.
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote