Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #26
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
The trunk is perfect for all you bags, etc. That's what it's for. I put all my stuff back there. It's safe and it's out of sight, (which is a great theft deterrent because theives aren't going to break into your car if they see anything). Plus, you always run the risk of harming your leather by having all that stuff on the seat.

I don't see how using the trunk could be annoying. This is the easiest, most hassle free and best solution to your problem. You'll get used to it.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #27
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
WOW, can someone help figure out where to put my wallet while I'm sitting in the front seat? I don't want to leave an impression of my wallet in the drivers seat.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #28
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
WOW, can someone help figure out where to put my wallet while I'm sitting in the front seat? I don't want to leave an impression of my wallet in the drivers seat.
The cup holder.

NEXT?!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
moolys

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS Synergy Green
like everyone said trunk or back seat done
moolys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #30
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
How often do you have passengers? Buy a fake buckle at the junk yard for a couple dollars and fasten it in. The passenger will have to take it out to fasten their belt, but this seems like the easiest solution so you don't have to change the way you do things.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I honestly see no problem with a trunk. Its still a door you have to open to put the bag in, shut it then walk around to the drivers side to get in. I would personally prefer to see either a pretty lady sitting in the passenger seat or have it be empty than to have a backpack on it.

I say trunk. lol
Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
automatic1221

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
I am experiencing neck pain everytime I crank my Boston Acoustics speakers and start banging my head like THIS is there a mod for that? Maybe a HANS device like thing that lowers from the headliner? IDK but this is a persistent problem. I cannot alter my behavior so obviously the car needs alteration. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

HAHAHA
automatic1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
trunk space.... I got the new wing today. dropped the back seat and put the box in from the back then closed the trunk.I WAS SUPRIZED it fit.

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #34
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
4-18
The front passenger safety belt
warning light and chime may turn on
if an object is put on the seat such
as a briefcase, handbag, grocery
bag, laptop or other electronic
device. To turn off the warning light
and or chime, remove the object
from the seat or buckle the
safety belt
Sorry LemmingRush, no solution in the owners manual...

I too carry a backpack with my laptop and work related books and documents. On occasion it will sit on the floor, other times on the seat... it can be a pain removing the bag from the floor because a strap gets caught on the seat slider handle but the potential for damage to the seat and seat hardware has forced me to change my routine. The way I see it, it would be more frustrating to have that bag tear or break something than the inconvenience of having to remove it from the trunk.
.02¢
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #35
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
For my friends down under in Oz - Put it in the Boot - this way it takes longer to leave your car at your destination and more people can see you getting out of the coolest car in the lot. IMO
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #36
CruiseControl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
+1 for the trunk; I put pretty much anything I'm carrying in there including my backpack. Not for safety or as a theft detterent - simply put I don't want anything in the car that could wear/strain the leather or scrape the passenger side interior.

Not preaching though.....if that doesn't work for you, I would just buckle the passenger side and leave it.
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #37
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
Buy a Seat Belt Buckle like this:

http://www.sourcingmap.com/adjustabl...aign=usfroogle

I don't know what would fit though... You'd have to do some searching...

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #38
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
leave the freakin backpack at home. Problem solved!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #39
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
You mean the "Trunk Monkey" didn't come with your car?? He's great with bags and people who like to stick their paws on the ride!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
fold the passanger seat forward, put bag/s on rear floorboard, leave passanger seat forward (if you are really that lazy). Because this is what it's really coming down to. How lazy you are.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #41
nancygrl
155 mil na godzinę

Drives: Sapphire Moon Whisper 2013 2LT
I can't believe this is even an issue
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #42
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
hmmm.
I personally wouldnt put it on my seat. What if you have something protruding from it and it tears it?
Or, think about your back packs feelings. It wants to feel safe too. Buckle it in
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #43
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
I can't relate. I leave my work stuff at work when I go home. As well as I'm paid, it's not enough to work at home. I also leave my home stuff at home when I go to work. As much as they pay me, they don't want to see me doing home stuff at work. If that doesn't work for you, use the trunk or leave the seat belt buckled all the time.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #44
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingRush View Post
...I'll start this off with a few facts:

1. I always wear my seatbelt
2. I believe people should wear seatbelts (especially kids)
3. Someone annoying will flame someone or something in the comments

I have a frustrating problem with my 2010 SS Camaro. I carry a very heavy backpack (It's for work) and gym bag. When I set it in the passenger seat about 50% of the time the stupid chime starts going off for the seatbelt. The options I have for stopping it are:

1. Pushing my backpack around
2. Buckling the passenger seatbelt before getting in the car
3. Putting the backpack in the trunk.

All of those are annoying, and I'd like to disable the chime for the passenger seat belt warning. My Saturn has a way to disable this electronically, but as far as I know the Camaro doesn't. The only options I've seen are:

1. Buy a seatbelt and plug it in (Annoying for the passenger when she wants the real one)
2. Pull the fuse (Also annoying because there are some other systems affected)
3. Solder the wires in the buckle together so the car thinks the belt is buckled all the time. (Annoying that I have to yank the seat out to fix)

I'd like to avoid messing around with the wiring, does anyone know of a factory way to turn that off, before I rip the seat out?

God people please refrain from turning this into a belt vs. No belt flame war...
1. Good for you, I do too.
2. I believe that it is somewhat still a free country and it is none of my buisness who does or does not wear a seat belt. I like to ride my Harley helmetless sometimes and I get very annoyed that someone thinks that they should be able to enact mandatory helmet laws. Were does the nannyism end? A life preserver to swim? A NASCAR style helmet to ski? Rubber baseballs because some one might get hit?
3. I don't think that I am flaming you.

If that is your bigest complaint about your Camaro, then it must be a pretty good car.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #45
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
The cup holder.

NEXT?!
Cup holder? I thought that it was a beer holder.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #46
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
drop out of school, problem solved.

seriously, I'm surprised there isn't anything that could be done to remove the chime. On my mustang, if you do a certain sequence with the ignition switch and belt buckle, you can permanently remove the chiming sound. I'm sure there is something that can be done.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/12 RAV4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
For school, I just place my bag in the backseat. Easiest and most comfortable solution.
If anything, keeping the seatbelt on and then sitting will work best for your scenario, but I was wondering why you sit with your bag on? Just curious, no flaming or anything
Really? You didn't read the OPs post did you?
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #48
LemmingRush

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Lol! Most of these comments are hilarious and thanks to everyone for not starting the stupid seatbelt argument for the 100th time. It's not an end of the world problem, but I'm surprised there isn't a way to turn that dinging bastard off.

I actually put the backpack in the trunk quite often, but when I don't is when it's annoying. I got in a habit of putting it in the seat when I drove a C5 with subs taking up the trunk area and I forget every now and then and put it in the seat.

I ended up getting a buckle and attaching it to my backpack. It's gotten a bunch of questions at work and I've only had it for like a day. The funniest response I've gotten was asking why I care so much about my backpack to buckle it in.
LemmingRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #49
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
1. Good for you, I do too.
2. I believe that it is somewhat still a free country and it is none of my buisness who does or does not wear a seat belt. I like to ride my Harley helmetless sometimes and I get very annoyed that someone thinks that they should be able to enact mandatory helmet laws. Were does the nannyism end? A life preserver to swim? A NASCAR style helmet to ski? Rubber baseballs because some one might get hit?
3. I don't think that I am flaming you.

If that is your bigest complaint about your Camaro, then it must be a pretty good car.
Despite having spent several years of my career in the Detroit area in the design and test of airbag and occupant sensing systems and having witnessed about a hundred accidents (at various manufacturer crash test facilities), I fundamentally agree with this. Except, who is first treated at the emergency room? If I get t-boned by some guy running a stoplight on a motorcycle while not wearing a helmet, causing my beer bottle fly out of my hand, smash on the dash and cut my forehead, then who sees the doc first?

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #50
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
I posted this in another thread, but all you have to do is unplug the terminal connected to the latch portion of the seatbelt. I unplugged mine with the seat out but I think it can be done with the seat installed. No more chime and the airbags still work if that's your thing. The car thinks the belt is latched. The chime appears to be a NO switch that is closed when plugged up to a non latched seatbelt.

Last edited by blue-bayou; 02-23-2011 at 11:59 PM.
blue-bayou is offline   Reply With Quote