Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Old 02-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
San Antonio Suspension Installs

would like to do maybe springs and sways and alignment all in the same place if possible

Anyone done this locally?

Let me know good or bad, thanks
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Hey bro, did u get ahold of chris? I think his buddy at planet pick does this stuff. I wish I had an alignment machine. Lol

Lupe

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXLS3 View Post
would like to do maybe springs and sways and alignment all in the same place if possible

Anyone done this locally?

Let me know good or bad, thanks
We can save you a chunk of money if you so desire... We can install the springs and sways, and then you take it to have it aligned... No biggee... Joe and I installed my springs in the driveway in about two hours, and it was dark... I drove it for two weeks after with no alignment and it was still tracking straight as an arrow... I'll have the whole car aligned after my build since the front and rear clips will be completely out of the car... But I'll be happy to help with the springs and sways... And as mentioned, get ahold of Chris and see what he can do for you...I think another of our gang is getting ready to do some major suspension stuff soon...possibly at the same location...
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
SkunkJunk420

Drives: "The Skunkmobile"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
We can save you a chunk of money if you so desire... We can install the springs and sways, and then you take it to have it aligned... No biggee... Joe and I installed my springs in the driveway in about two hours, and it was dark... I drove it for two weeks after with no alignment and it was still tracking straight as an arrow... I'll have the whole car aligned after my build since the front and rear clips will be completely out of the car... But I'll be happy to help with the springs and sways... And as mentioned, get ahold of Chris and see what he can do for you...I think another of our gang is getting ready to do some major suspension stuff soon...possibly at the same location...

Help me!!!
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
Thanks for the help guys. spoke with Glen this AM at coffee and rides and he is gonna hook me up!
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yup...Glen is def the guy to go to for this. I'm taking mine in next Sunday. Only a week away and I'll have a WHOLE new ride!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Fazeowl
that adams guy

Drives: Silver Gmc
Glen > all
Fazeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
If you are up for a little ride give Heath over in Fredricksburg a shot. His shop is American Muffler and Brake. He is a Pedders Dealer, in fact they use his shop to train other Pedders dealers. You will not find a more talented, and dedicated suspension guy in Texas. I hualed my car all the way from El Paso to his shop just to let him do the suspension, and it was worth every mile. They pulled an 20 hour marathon session and did it all in one day/night, and it was right.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
I dont get back in town until friday night, but can help with spring install. its only a couple hours and not difficult. My fee is, lunch or dinner whichever time we do this LOL. Yes you need to get it aligned but not as quickly as some would think. i actually drove mine for 10K had it aligned and there was very little adjustment needed.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
PartsGedder

Drives: -
The springs and sways are pretty straight forward. Have the specs ready for the alignment shop when you go in and talk to them before booking the appointment. Let them know what you are looking for for set up and the car will be lowered and if the lifts they have can handle the drop. Most will be able, but there are a few racks out there that the sensors they put on the wheels won't read across the front due to the fascia and some of the ramps to the rack are a little steep.

Springs and sways figure about 4-5 hours, depending on skill level. Remove the front sway from the passenger side when you're working on the coil and damper.

And a small disclaimer, the 20 hours was a full suspension replacement using a few new & different parts.