Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
Supercharged Cadillac CTS??

.........WTF CTS-V Starting at $60,355* Supercharged 6.2L V8 with 556 hp
High-performance Brembo disc brakes; Limited slip differential; Premium ZF Servotronic 2** steering; Performance-tuned suspension

...said it was a eaton supercharger, yea i went back again to the phila auto show (3rd time in one week) to sit in the camaro agian to check head room after reading sun roof post. Glad i did go, have to call dealer and see if i can cancel my sun-roof order. I'm 6'6 and i don't want to deal with clearance issues so no sun roof for me, looks better with out it anyway
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Yeah, the CTS-V has been out for a little under a year, now. It set the fastest record for a sedan on Germany's Nurburgring racetrack. Why are you upset about it?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Starting at CDN$68,500 in Canada... with a $4500 "delivery allowance". Do the math with a 20% exchange rate...
Perhaps a dealer might consider an offer under MSRP to order a car.
As of Friday, there were 11 of them in stock at dealers across Canada - and they're all automatics!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 02-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
N8dawg

Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 R
Pissed over the V??? That's my all time dream car.
N8dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
I don't really understand what you're saying but the CTS-V is a sick car. I didn't know if was "only" 60,000. Seems like a good deal for that kind of performance and comfort.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Yeah, the CTS-V has been out for a little under a year, now. It set the fastest record for a sedan on Germany's Nurburgring racetrack. Why are you upset about it?
i don't want a four door anything passing me by in my 2SS
can u imagine grandpa passing u by in your 2 SS with grandson sitting in rear in a car seat?
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewwhut View Post
can u imagine grandpa passing u by in your 2 SS with grandson sitting in rear in a car seat?
Uhh, I've seen many of them around here, and no one EVER drives them to their potential. I don't think you have to worry. And getting your doors blown off by a V really isn't all that disappointing...
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Oh hell yes I do, I am soo happy that we can get a sedan these days and still have everything we ever wanted. Plus the CTS-v is badasss looking. One of my absolute favorite cars ever made.

But I do question why GM is capable of slapping this engine and supercharger combo on the CTS and not the camaro. I expect to see within the next few years a much faster camaro in our lineup of options. As for now, dont expect it. GM needs the car to be bulletproof before the slap 500+ HP into the car. That requires testing. The best testin is the abusive testing that the american consumer is going to put it through. After that GM should let them have it.

If you want examples neither the Z06 or the ZR1 came out at the same time as the C6 hit showroom floors. The GT500 didn't comeout till a year or so after this gen of junkstang came out. I never expected GM to come out with a Decimate all option straight from the get go. So all I can say is..

He who waits, usually gets rewarded.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
G8 GXP to Camaro SS
Caddilac CTS-V to Corvette ZR1
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #10
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
I wouldn't care since it's a car that cost twice as much and has 120 more horsepower. I'd just think to myself, that's a bada$$ old guy. And then I'd go on with my day.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
I just love this car and I'm not a grandfather - at least not yet... (but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen within the next couple of years!)
I'm assuming the CTS-V has tethers in the back for the kids' seats?

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
G8 GXP to Camaro SS
Caddilac CTS-V to Corvette ZR1
Good comparo
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Sure. What's wrong with that? He also paid about $30-$40k more for his CTS-V.

You get what you pay for.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Oh. :(. I was hoping you weren't going to say something like that...Imagine it with just two doors, then.

Seriously, though. Dont'cha think that's a little bit short-sighted? Besides...I'm not going to begrudge anything costing me twice the $$$ for passing me.

CTS-V is one awesome ride. HIGH on my 'want to have' list.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
One of Cadillac's engineers said that they'd have to kill him to prevent him from building a CTS-V coupe.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Well Waaaah. There are tons of 4 doors that will beat the snot out of the SS, and the CTS-V is one of them. I'm sorry the automotive would did not scale everything back just so your $30,000 sporty coupe isn't the best thing out there.

Oh yeah, and watching a grandpa blow by me in a CTS-V with grandson in back would just make my day. I hope to be doing that too when I'm old and have money.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If I could have any car sitting on the lot someplace, I'd probably pick the CTS-V (I don't care for exotics, and the Camaro isn't on any lot yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Well Waaaah. There are tons of 4 doors that will beat the snot out of the SS, and the CTS-V is one of them. I'm sorry the automotive would did not scale everything back just so your $30,000 sporty coupe isn't the best thing out there.

Oh yeah, and watching a grandpa blow by me in a CTS-V with grandson in back would just make my day. I hope to be doing that too when I'm old and have money.
And the euros are warming up to 4 door coupes (like that makes any sense). Porches, Lambos, etc.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We need to know our place in the grand scheme of things. Faster cars will beat slower cars, regardless of how badass the slower car looks. If someone shows up at the track with a faster sedan when compared to your coupe, then you need to accept it and move forward. The CTS-V is a fellow GM car with lots of power and style.

The Camaro SS is pretty fast. Some cars are faster. That's just how it is. If you want to beat them, be prepared to invest heavily in your performance.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Well, lets hope gramps hasn't removed the v-badging to sucka you in. Btw....i am grandpa but don't take any offense in your remark.!!!
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We need to know our place in the grand scheme of things. Faster cars will beat slower cars, regardless of how badass the slower car looks. If someone shows up at the track with a faster sedan when compared to your coupe, then you need to accept it and move forward. The CTS-V is a fellow GM car with lots of power and style.

The Camaro SS is pretty fast. Some cars are faster. That's just how it is. If you want to beat them, be prepared to invest heavily in your performance.
Quick someone give blur his meds... He's talking logical again. And that just won't work for someone who wants a V8 sports car. If we don't stop him soon he'll be changing back to a V6...

jk
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:

LOL, That would be a grand and funny sight

but Like someone said, faster cars will beat slower cars

hmm... how ironic, people with faster coupes pass the hell outta me

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #22
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
hmm... how ironic, people with faster coupes pass the hell outta me
You mean teeny boppers in Civic coupes and Scion tCs? Oooooh ZING!

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
LOL Good one

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
The subculture is exclusive to females, not allowing male entry. As a subculture, it is a "retreat and preparation", allowing girls to relate to their peers and "practice in the secrecy of girl culture the rituals of courtship away from the eye of male ridicule", [2][4] also having no risks of standing out or personal humilliation, and serving as a retreat to avoid being labelled sexually.[4] It also allows young girls to participate on semi-masturbatory rituals, since they don't have to access to the masturbatory rituals common among boys.[4] While the subculture allows them to have a space of their own, the subculture magazines offer an idealized relation with the teen idols, implying always a subordination of the female to the male, anticipating that the subordination will keep being present on their future relationships, and presenting an idealized form of marriage.[4]

The narrative fantasies elaborated around teenyboppers serve as distractions from boring, unrewarding, or demanding aspects of life, such as school or work, and as a defensive mean against the authoritarism structures at school.[1][4] When shared with other teeny boppers, it allows for deffensive soladirity.[4] It allows its members to define themselves apart from younger and older girls.[1] Their groups, like all girl groups, will never go above four, unlike boys, who prefer bigger numbers.[4]

It has a commercial origin and is "an almost packaged cultural commodity", emerging from the pop business and relying on commercial magazines and TV. [1] As a result, it has less creative elements than other subcultures. [1]

Membership has very few restrictions, does not require elaborate spending, and requires much less competence and money than certain school activities.[1][4] Due to its female members not having as much freedom as their male counterparts, the subculture is suited so that it can be followed at school or home,[1][4] and a party can be made with just a bedroom, a music player and a permission to invite friends.[4]

[edit] Musical preferences
In the 1960s, a new type of music appeared, different to the Tin Pan Alley music school, but molded by it.[5] It was no longer written by the old established songwriters of Tin Pan Alley, but by extremely young talented people.[5]

They helped to establish the new teen idols and wrote the so-called "teeny booper songs", which "blends soft rock with pop ballad, is not explicitely physical and only hints at sexual interaction.[5] The difference that the 70s' "Teeny Bopper syndrome" had with prior idol phenomena was that these new teen idols were directed at even younger girls, down to 15 years old, who were too young for having heard The Beatles and were not attracted to the new heavy rock music of the time that their elder siblings listened to.[3] This new market has a quick turnover potential and it boosted the benefits of many broadcasting companies.[3]

The teeny booper idol image is that of the young boy next door, with its key elements being self-pity, vulnerability and need.[5] Their music is consumed by young girls, who collect posters and pin ups.[5][3]

Now.....What the hail does this have to do with it?
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #25
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
.........WTF CTS-V Starting at $60,355* Supercharged 6.2L V8 with 556 hp
High-performance Brembo disc brakes; Limited slip differential; Premium ZF Servotronic 2** steering; Performance-tuned suspension

...said it was a eaton supercharger, yea i went back again to the phila auto show (3rd time in one week) to sit in the camaro agian to check head room after reading sun roof post. Glad i did go, have to call dealer and see if i can cancel my sun-roof order. I'm 6'6 and i don't want to deal with clearance issues so no sun roof for me, looks better with out it anyway
The CTS-V be eaton M5's.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote