Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Dedlydragoness

Drives: 2010 Red\Black Camaro 1LT M6
Send a message via AIM to Dedlydragoness
Cut-outs

I was thinking instead of replacing parts within the exhaust, I was just going to get cut outs so I could quiet the car if I want or run open. Has anybody had this done before and if so do you have any sounds clips. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
AVOID! No one wants to hear a wide open exhaust V6. Don't take this as V6 bashing, the V6 cars with open exhasut sound like hell. Do a nice exhaust setup but PLEASE do not do a muffler delete or cut outs.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
AVOID! No one wants to hear a wide open exhaust V6. Don't take this as V6 bashing, the V6 cars with open exhasut sound like hell. Do a nice exhaust setup but PLEASE do not do a muffler delete or cut outs.
What he said...
Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Dedlydragoness

I had my 99 GTP done before with cutouts and it sounded really rice (like crap) until I gutted the cats out, then it sounded great. I really need to find a sound clip on this. Not offended, be honest about what you think.

It is really hard to make a V6 sound good it seems like.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
when replacing a friends exhaust with a catback, we started the car and revved it with only the manifolds and cats. We thought it sounded bad ass. didn't drive around like that though. lol
Old 02-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlydragoness View Post
I had my 99 GTP done before with cutouts and it sounded really rice (like crap) until I gutted the cats out, then it sounded great. I really need to find a sound clip on this. Not offended, be honest about what you think.

It is really hard to make a V6 sound good it seems like.
There was a Synergy green Camaro V6 as car of the week a week or two ago and she had cutouts done to her car. As far as I know she hasn't posted any sound clips, but my best guess thus far would be to follow the advice of the above posts.

V6 exhaust is more difficult than V8 for sure, but there are now lots of V6ers out there that sound great in my opinion.
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
Dedlydragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
There was a Synergy green Camaro V6 as car of the week a week or two ago and she had cutouts done to her car. As far as I know she hasn't posted any sound clips, but my best guess thus far would be to follow the advice of the above posts.

V6 exhaust is more difficult than V8 for sure, but there are now lots of V6ers out there that sound great in my opinion.
Know what her board name is, I am really curious about what it sounds like?

I will figure this out. Just wanted to option if I didn't want it really loud all the time.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Envy...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126224
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote