Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Damion1213

Drives: 99 Camaro
Questions about the steps after Preorder.

Hello everyone first time poster here but been browsing for awhile. I ordered my car on November 1st, I got a workbench order number and even recieved my letters from GM. My dealer has 6 allocations to build camaros in the initial presale. My question is on 2/6 there is talk about dealers receiving their first concensus for the March build, the problem is my dealer has no clue what that means or even where to find the information to find out what allocations there are. So can anyone explain to me where the dealer gets the info or even what steps I need to follow up with on my end from this point on. I'm the first order and priority 1 on the GM workbench order form. My salesmen is telling me that there is nothing that either them or I need to do from this point, that GM will just take the orders out of the workbench as they process the orders, is this correct?
Damion1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion1213 View Post
My salesmen is telling me that there is nothing that either them or I need to do from this point, that GM will just take the orders out of the workbench as they process the orders, is this correct?
Yes, from what I understand GM will take your order in as soon as they can.
I have another question though - I heard that GM will only be taking the top 10% of orders from each dealer for the first month of production, and if a dealer has less than 10 cars they will get none built during the first month. Can someone comfirm this? If true I am not concerned, but my dealer only got 2, so I hope GM will not continue in this manner until all orders are made. I hope I don't have to wait like 6 months for my car to be built just cause I am number 1 of 2 at a small dealership lol! Please GM show the small town dealerships some love!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
GM'r_For_Life
9A108207

Drives: 95 S10
+100
GM'r_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I have seen dealers with less than 10 advertise that they got one from consensus on Friday.

7 allocations total if I remember correctly.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
I have seen dealers with less than 10 advertise that they got one from consensus on Friday.

7 allocations total if I remember correctly.
Ah well I suppose that is good news, I can sleep a little better tonight hehe! This has kinda been bugging me all day, oh why oh why are dealerships closed on Sunday lol!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
I have another question though - I heard that GM will only be taking the top 10% of orders from each dealer for the first month of production, and if a dealer has less than 10 cars they will get none built during the first month. Can someone comfirm this? If true I am not concerned, but my dealer only got 2, so I hope GM will not continue in this manner until all orders are made. I hope I don't have to wait like 6 months for my car to be built just cause I am number 1 of 2 at a small dealership lol! Please GM show the small town dealerships some love!
My dealer is allocated 8 and they have a consensus of 1 allocated car for march!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Welcome, Damion1213. Nice to have you onboard.
I believe I read here that a dealer can find his concensus number in Dealerlaunch, a GM online app. of some sort.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2010 1SS RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion1213 View Post
...the problem is my dealer has no clue what that means or even where to find the information to find out what allocations there are. So can anyone explain to me where the dealer gets the info or even what steps I need to follow up with on my end from this point on. ...
I have the same question as the OP...My dealer is clueless...does he have to do anything to get the order processed or will GM automatically pull my order?
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
You have to remember that with production not starting till March 16th, that is about 2 weeks left in March for production. All new startups start out slowly and ramp up production, so it will probably take 2 to 4 weeks to reach full production capabilities. that being said, the first month or two dealers will not see many cars in their consensus, but as soon as production picks up they will pick them up sooner and more with each consensus. so just because it may take 2 months for them to get their first two cars, the next month they may get 4...
Just don't worry, They will be here before you know it.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Send a message via MSN to edog
Quote:
My dealer had stated they were allocated 5 when I ordered in October. During this past concensus they said the first car was pulled for a march build. It is a 2SS.
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by Doug @ ECS. 435HP/420TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Has any one seen a LT or LS order get pulled for production?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Being that GM has pulled about 10% of the orders already for the first two weeks, I am fully expecting that my order (1st of 3 allocated) will be pulled during the next consensus when it will be for a month long period. And if not...

2000 Blazer LS | winter beater
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote