Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Allanski
Turbo 427 LSX Vert

Drives: 2SS RS IOM Convertible 427 LSXTurbo
GM Can't Deliver - Wont Deliver

Another GM debacle holding the convertible deliveries for:
- quality control
- drop top repairs/replacements
- waiting for the Neiman Marcus vert orders for the elite special orders
- a marketing strategy so GM can have simultaneous deliveries across the US but Canada is held back

Guess what GM, looks like you created a new acronym

Greatest Misfits

and along the way pissed off alot of long time customers too!
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Cry me a river. When the first 5th gens came out people waited weeks to months to get delivery AFTER they were built.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
If you order an Infiniti today expect to wait 90 - 120 days to get it. It's just how it is with Manufacturing.

Patience is the toughest part. At least you're going to get one of the first!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Cry me a river. When the first 5th gens came out people waited weeks to months to get delivery AFTER they were built.
He's right! I waited for my coupe in 09, and now my vert in 11, how about a ZL1 in 12 ? Seriously this is no different than 09 but back then I really had no idea what I was missing !
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
If you order an Infiniti today expect to wait 90 - 120 days to get it. It's just how it is with Manufacturing.

Agreed. I'm anxiously awaitng mine too, but when it comes to production, be it toasters or aircraft, I'd rather have quality than speedy delivery.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post

let's see, I ordered Nov 18 so it's already been 100 days! Sure we will get one of the first built, but at this pace it will be one of the last delivered. I don't know how many times I have heard never buy one of the first years model is built. At this point I am about ready to tell the dealer to keep the Car if it ever gets here for fear it's going to be a lemon.
I am tired of being lied to about what is happening with this car. First I knew more about it than the first dealer I worked with. The salesman just sat there chomping a big wad of gum with his mouth open not knowing if it would even be available as a 2ss, or whether it would have leather seats. He had no info on ordering it and was not proactive in finding anything out. He could tell me about the mustang gt500 though.
Now my dealer is telling me that NO cars have shipped and that they don't know when any will ship. So who is lying to me? Is it people on this board who say they have seen one on the floor? Is it someone who said they bought one off the truck? Is it folks who say theirs are off the train with miles of the dealer? Is it my dealer who really doesn't care to find out, or is it the regional rep who is blowing smoke up my keister?
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
He's right! I waited for my coupe in 09, and now my vert in 11, how about a ZL1 in 12 ? Seriously this is no different than 09 but back then I really had no idea what I was missing !
Imagine how long you'll wait for the Z28 in 13!!!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanski View Post
- quality control
- a marketing strategy so GM can have simultaneous deliveries across the US but Canada is held back

Greatest Misfits

I waited 32 YEARS to get my Camaro!!! Your wait is merely a small nat in the ointment! A year from now it won't make a bit of difference when fuel is $9.00 Liter and $6.00 gallon.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #9
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justification View Post
let's see, I ordered Nov 18 so it's already been 100 days! Sure we will get one of the first built, but at this pace it will be one of the last delivered. I don't know how many times I have heard never buy one of the first years model is built. At this point I am about ready to tell the dealer to keep the Car if it ever gets here for fear it's going to be a lemon.
I am tired of being lied to about what is happening with this car. First I knew more about it than the first dealer I worked with. The salesman just sat there chomping a big wad of gum with his mouth open not knowing if it would even be available as a 2ss, or whether it would have leather seats. He had no info on ordering it and was not proactive in finding anything out. He could tell me about the mustang gt500 though.
Now my dealer is telling me that NO cars have shipped and that they don't know when any will ship. So who is lying to me? Is it people on this board who say they have seen one on the floor? Is it someone who said they bought one off the truck? Is it folks who say theirs are off the train with miles of the dealer? Is it my dealer who really doesn't care to find out, or is it the regional rep who is blowing smoke up my keister?
Classic chevy in grapevine tx has a triple black on the floor for sale now.
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
I feel your pain brother, from the dealers to the delivery, I think your like me, we may be impatient, but a little fact based information covering the basic where/when/why of the cars status could go a looooong way in appeasing some very pi$$ed off, uninformed customers right now!

And yes- my cars going on day #3 unloaded at the rail yard waiting transport to the dealership... its 30 damn miles, I coulda walked that in.3 days!!!.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #12
da-bizket

Drives: 1967 SS/RS
Not to mention all the soft tops getting jacked up in the parking lot by all the snow, rain and winter conditions.

Might be better to order a little later like March/April.
da-bizket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #13
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Then you have the sun beating down on the tops and fading begins. Doesn't matter when you order it if you want to keep it in a showroom state.
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #14
Allanski
Turbo 427 LSX Vert

Drives: 2SS RS IOM Convertible 427 LSXTurbo
Some say the GM peoples read what goes on here so they can improve the company.

One guy says cry me a river because he waited so long for his coupe, but he didn't live only 3 hours from Oshawa where his vert was covered in snow.

I could have been in the parking lot in 3 hours and got my car a month ago since my invoice was printed out 6 weeks ago!

I know they are working in quality control but put the manpower where it will bring back positive results, both quality and delivery.

I was there Nov 18th the first opportunity to place the order, but I was also at the dealers 5 months before with a 5k deposit to be the first to order so I could be one of the first delivered.

Now southern US states are getting their non pre-ordered verts for the sales floor. I am not a happy camper in Canada, home of where camaros are born, but not freed?

But still hoping for the best vert ever, soon.
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
HaubSS

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
I believe it has nothing to do with a "marketing ploy". I love the new leave that GM is turning over, Quality over Quantity! I am in the same boat, tired of waiting for my car, but I know it will be worth the wait. Keep your head up and stay positive.
BMR Stage 3 suspension
Vertini Magic Concave, 20x8.5-20x10
HaubSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanski View Post
- quality control

Greatest Misfits

What?