Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
SStothebone
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 45
Brake upgrade help!

If anyone hasn't notice I am looking to upgrade my brakes. I know a lot of people on here are promoting the CTS-V upgrade but I am planning on road course racing in the future and need some vented rotors. I can't find any in the CTS-V size so I am basically asking which brake is the best for the 6 piston setup in the front with cross drilled rotors all around. I am leaning towards Brembo GT Big Brake upgrade but don't know. Anything would help!
SStothebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStothebone View Post
If anyone hasn't notice I am looking to upgrade my brakes. I know a lot of people on here are promoting the CTS-V upgrade but I am planning on road course racing in the future and need some vented rotors. I can't find any in the CTS-V size so I am basically asking which brake is the best for the 6 piston setup in the front with cross drilled rotors all around. I am leaning towards Brembo GT Big Brake upgrade but don't know. Anything would help!
The CTS-V Brembos are an excellent choice for your use and at a good price point. Brembo does make a two piece front rotor to fit. The brake bias is perfect out of the box.

As a rule of thumb cross drilled rotors are not the road course rotor of choice. My preference is for a plain face with a dedicated track pad. Brake ducts are highly recommended.

Btw, when you say racing do you mean roll cage full race car or running road courses HPDE style?
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
SStothebone
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The CTS-V Brembos are an excellent choice for your use and at a good price point. Brembo does make a two piece front rotor to fit. The brake bias is perfect out of the box.

As a rule of thumb cross drilled rotors are not the road course rotor of choice. My preference is for a plain face with a dedicated track pad. Brake ducts are highly recommended.

Btw, when you say racing do you mean roll cage full race car or running road courses HPDE style?
I mean HPDE style, not full roll cage. It's a daily driver.
SStothebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStothebone View Post
I mean HPDE style, not full roll cage. It's a daily driver.
CTS-Vs should be more than adequate. Use a high quality dedicated track pad. I use Cobalt Friction XR1 front and XR2 rear pads. Depending on how hard you run, front brake ducts may be in order.

Excuse me if this is too basic, but just in case.

1. Always run at least on cool down lap
2. Never, ever use your hand brake / parking brake when you come off the track. Shut it down in gear.
3. Use a high wet boiling point brake fluid
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
As several have mentioned before, stay away from cross drilled rotors for track use! It's not so much a question "if" they will crack, but more a question "when" they will crack.

The CTS-V brakes are an awesome upgrade for the money. Another option worth mentioning which we install on almost all of our in-house packages is the Brembo 6-piston caliper upgrade where you can use your stock rotors, or any other aftermarket rotor that fits a stock 2010 SS. I have been using this for almost 15K miles now, including 15+ trackdays and 15+ auto-x events and with the right set of pads and a high quality fluid have experienced ZERO brake fade. Even after 30 min of hard driving at Sebring were they showing any fade!

I am running the brembo slotted rotor, DTC-60 pads in the front and DTC-30's in the rear and couldn't be happier.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

/Erik@Torq

Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Chris_B
 
Chris_B's Avatar
 
Drives: Several
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStothebone View Post
If anyone hasn't notice I am looking to upgrade my brakes. I know a lot of people on here are promoting the CTS-V upgrade but I am planning on road course racing in the future and need some vented rotors. I can't find any in the CTS-V size so I am basically asking which brake is the best for the 6 piston setup in the front with cross drilled rotors all around. I am leaning towards Brembo GT Big Brake upgrade but don't know. Anything would help!
Stillen / AP Racing has a new 6/4-piston setup in the works that will clear most 18" track wheels. The fronts will utilize the latest strap drive technology with curved-vane vented rotors, so it will be streetable as well as track worthy. The J-Hook face pattern, widely preferred in motorsports, will be one option, so the brakes will have the "bite" of cross-drilled rotors without the stress risers and premature cracking issues.

If you can wait until April on the fronts and May for the rears, you might just have the ultimate street-driven track day setup!
__________________
Chris Bernal
Brake Maven
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
John M.
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Cnty, FL
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to John M.
I'll throw my two cents in the hat...

Erik at TORQ has an awesome set-up! I went a slightly different way and simply replaced my rotors with a set of GM Frozen Rotors (www.frozenrotors.com). DTC-30 pads in all 4 corners, stainless steel lines (of course), and Castrol SRF fluid... oh I also installed a set of titanium pad shims to help shield the caliper from some heat.

I am running a stock engine, with a Vararam Air box and TORQ custom tune (385RWHP on TORQs Mustang Dyno). I did fabricate a set of cooling ducts for the front rotors (I melted a set of HP Plus pads in 3 hours).



May I suggest a harness bar... when you are stuck to your seat, you can concentrate on driving. Speedware Motorsports - ask for Drew or Tony (www.speedwaremotorsports.com) did mine, along with 6-point schroth HANS belts.



__________________
Pfadt springs, bars, strut tower brace. CCW: SP16a 20x10 front 20x11 rear. Nitto: NT05 275/35 F 315/35 R. Hawk: DTC30 F/R. Stainless Steel Brake Lines. MBRP cat back. VARARAM air box. Custom front brake cooling system. Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar and Tank Plates. Schroth Hybrid-II 6-point HANS belts. TORQ Custom Dyno Tune. Frozen Rotors Discs. NOWEEDS 3" Diverters. AMSOIL Synthetic Racing Oil and Coolant. Scorpion 1.8 Rockers. Custom/Modified Exhaust and Side Pipes. E3 Spark Plugs. Arrington Customized Catch Can. MORE TO COME LATER...
John M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 6,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. View Post
I'll throw my two cents in the hat...

Erik at TORQ has an awesome set-up! I went a slightly different way and simply replaced my rotors with a set of GM Frozen Rotors (www.frozenrotors.com). DTC-30 pads in all 4 corners, stainless steel lines (of course), and Castrol SRF fluid... oh I also installed a set of titanium pad shims to help shield the caliper from some heat.

I am running a stock engine, with a Vararam Air box and TORQ custom tune (385RWHP on TORQs Mustang Dyno). I did fabricate a set of cooling ducts for the front rotors (I melted a set of HP Plus pads in 3 hours).



May I suggest a harness bar... when you are stuck to your seat, you can concentrate on driving. Speedware Motorsports - ask for Drew or Tony (www.speedwaremotorsports.com) did mine, along with 6-point schroth HANS belts.



Cool....those belts look really good and to see that they fasten to the factory seat mount is even better.


I just happen to be at Momentum Autosports this weekend because they were hosting a dyno day. They had one of they 2010 race cars up on a rack. One of the things I noticed is that they were using the factory calipers but they were definately using an aftermarket rotor. It was mostly a solid rotor with slotted "S" marks in them. I've never seen one like that before (not that I'm a racer though).

I was only able to talk to the owner for about 5 min because he was busy running the dyno stuff but I mentioned to him that I would like to track my car someday just to try it out. He said that the minimum I would have to do would be to replace the pads, add stainless lines, and change the fluid. He said they usually race with the Cobalt pads but since mine would be a driver he suggested going with Hawk because it was a good street/track pad. He also mentioned the name of the fluid they used but I can't remember it now.

All that was long winded to say that it looks like they were using the factory calipers but with upgraded pads, lines, rotors, and fluid.

www.MomentumAutosports.com
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
John M.
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Cnty, FL
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to John M.
I use HAWK DTC-30 front and rear. They have a cold temp of 100 and a high temp of 1200. They are noisy and dirty on the street - but I don't really care. I will be doing a track change and installing HAWK HT-10 when I arrive at the track for my front. YES - stainless lines are a MUST. Fluid - CASTROL SRF!!! HAWK pads and CASTROL fluid you will find at www.raceshopper.com THEY HAVE THE BEST PRICING!!! Tell them track weekend sent you. Any other questions, shoot me a PM with your number.
__________________
Pfadt springs, bars, strut tower brace. CCW: SP16a 20x10 front 20x11 rear. Nitto: NT05 275/35 F 315/35 R. Hawk: DTC30 F/R. Stainless Steel Brake Lines. MBRP cat back. VARARAM air box. Custom front brake cooling system. Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar and Tank Plates. Schroth Hybrid-II 6-point HANS belts. TORQ Custom Dyno Tune. Frozen Rotors Discs. NOWEEDS 3" Diverters. AMSOIL Synthetic Racing Oil and Coolant. Scorpion 1.8 Rockers. Custom/Modified Exhaust and Side Pipes. E3 Spark Plugs. Arrington Customized Catch Can. MORE TO COME LATER...
John M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. View Post
I use HAWK DTC-30 front and rear. They have a cold temp of 100 and a high temp of 1200. They are noisy and dirty on the street - but I don't really care. I will be doing a track change and installing HAWK HT-10 when I arrive at the track for my front. YES - stainless lines are a MUST. Fluid - CASTROL SRF!!! HAWK pads and CASTROL fluid you will find at www.raceshopper.com .
YES! Spoken like a true enthusiast!

With the CTS-V setup I use Cobalt Friction XR 1 Temperature Range 100-1600°F (38-871°C) front and XR2 Temperature Range 100-1600°F (38-871°C).
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
John M.
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Cnty, FL
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to John M.
I think once you get a Camaro out for a HPDE track day.... you are like.... "drag race?!?! BORING!!!!"
__________________
Pfadt springs, bars, strut tower brace. CCW: SP16a 20x10 front 20x11 rear. Nitto: NT05 275/35 F 315/35 R. Hawk: DTC30 F/R. Stainless Steel Brake Lines. MBRP cat back. VARARAM air box. Custom front brake cooling system. Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar and Tank Plates. Schroth Hybrid-II 6-point HANS belts. TORQ Custom Dyno Tune. Frozen Rotors Discs. NOWEEDS 3" Diverters. AMSOIL Synthetic Racing Oil and Coolant. Scorpion 1.8 Rockers. Custom/Modified Exhaust and Side Pipes. E3 Spark Plugs. Arrington Customized Catch Can. MORE TO COME LATER...
John M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
JordonMusser
 
Drives: 2010 Momentum Race Group Camaro GS.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 214
Caverman-
Sorry we didn't get to chat more. We are running an Alcon front caliper with two pieces rotors all the way around (stock rear calipers- we actually are going to be switching to V6 rear brake calipers for 2012).

Good info here. Castrol SRF or Motul 600. Hawk pads are a good balance for street/track use. Brake cooling ducts are great for anybody that plans to continue with hitting the road course. We run a custom 2X 3" duct for each front wheel.

You don't need fancy rotors for light track duty. We are going to be putting together a package that will be 'safe' for the average C5'er to get out on a track and learn to drive. We can then accommodate additional braking modifications as the driver improves, and if he/she decides it's something they want to continue doing.

We also offer StopTech big brake front kits which will pretty much end any braking problems you will ever have.
__________________
-2006 Z06, Vortech, Stereo, +Goodies
-2006 BMW 325i, Stereo, +Goodies
-Design.Engineering-Motorsport.Defense
-http://www.Mussco.com
-http://www.JordonMusser.com
JordonMusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
John M.
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Cnty, FL
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to John M.
He is a video of me chasing down a new 458 Italia at Homestead Miami on 3/12. You will notice a MASSIVE vibration in the braking zones... That is my HAWK DTC-30 front pads ending their life. I will be swapping to DTC-10s in the front for the track next time.

As in the pictures above, each front rotor is fed by a 2 inch duct attached to a 4x8 duct behind the mesh lower grill.

__________________
Pfadt springs, bars, strut tower brace. CCW: SP16a 20x10 front 20x11 rear. Nitto: NT05 275/35 F 315/35 R. Hawk: DTC30 F/R. Stainless Steel Brake Lines. MBRP cat back. VARARAM air box. Custom front brake cooling system. Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar and Tank Plates. Schroth Hybrid-II 6-point HANS belts. TORQ Custom Dyno Tune. Frozen Rotors Discs. NOWEEDS 3" Diverters. AMSOIL Synthetic Racing Oil and Coolant. Scorpion 1.8 Rockers. Custom/Modified Exhaust and Side Pipes. E3 Spark Plugs. Arrington Customized Catch Can. MORE TO COME LATER...
John M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
Chris_B
 
Chris_B's Avatar
 
Drives: Several
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. View Post
He is a video of me chasing down a new 458 Italia at Homestead Miami on 3/12. You will notice a MASSIVE vibration in the braking zones... That is my HAWK DTC-30 front pads ending their life. I will be swapping to DTC-10s in the front for the track next time.

As in the pictures above, each front rotor is fed by a 2 inch duct attached to a 4x8 duct behind the mesh lower grill.

The DTC-30 is a great pad, but not quite up to the weight of the SS. The DTC-60 would be your next choice from Hawk.

I would recommend the DTC-70 for the front IF you were also using the DTC-60 on the rear, but not without.

And, great video! I can't wait to see the new McLaren MP4-12C chasing down and passing that 458 Italia!
__________________
Chris Bernal
Brake Maven
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Rob@WretchedMS

 
Rob@WretchedMS's Avatar
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Silas Deane Auto,CT Name: Rob Anderson
Posts: 1,616
If someone on here is looking for a very high end brake pad for the track let me know, i'd like to get some feedback from someone.

This would have to be someone with a fair amount of track time on their Camaro already though.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
The DTC-30 is a great pad, but not quite up to the weight of the SS. The DTC-60 would be your next choice from Hawk.

I would recommend the DTC-70 for the front IF you were also using the DTC-60 on the rear, but not without.

And, great video! I can't wait to see the new McLaren MP4-12C chasing down and passing that 458 Italia!
I agree! I have run the 30's, 60's and 70's and the 60's are my favorites when running a street tire. With the 70's in the front and 60's in the rear I was locking up my ABS when running the Invo's, but they worked perfectly with my R888's.

Speaking of Mclaren, that is one sick car right there. I saw a test version at The Ring when I was there racing last summer and it sounded phenomenal. The 458 is no slouch though but numbers alone I don't see why that Mclaren should walk that Pizza racer in a flash

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Chris_B
 
Chris_B's Avatar
 
Drives: Several
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Speaking of Mclaren, that is one sick car right there. I saw a test version at The Ring when I was there racing last summer and it sounded phenomenal. The 458 is no slouch though but numbers alone I don't see why that Mclaren should walk that Pizza racer in a flash

/Erik
The latest McLaren is really unbelievable. A good friend of mine designed the brake system (AP Racing) and air brake. He has spent time in many of the rarest, highest-level supercars and thought this new one was the best he's driven. I've poured all over this car and cannot believe they can sell it for less than $250k. 5 years ago, it would have cost $350+k to build.

Unofficially, I'm hearing a 'Ring time of 7:00! I don't know if that was on street tires or not, so it will be very interesting to see what times they officially release.

Just think, this is the first of 5 cars. The next one is the F1 replacement (probably $1.2-1.5M), gunning right for the Veryon SS, Koenigsegg and the new Pagani. Then we get a 911 Turbo fighter for probably less than $150k. Maybe a sport sedan after that?
__________________
Chris Bernal
Brake Maven
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #18
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
The latest McLaren is really unbelievable. A good friend of mine designed the brake system (AP Racing) and air brake. He has spent time in many of the rarest, highest-level supercars and thought this new one was the best he's driven. I've poured all over this car and cannot believe they can sell it for less than $250k. 5 years ago, it would have cost $350+k to build.

Unofficially, I'm hearing a 'Ring time of 7:00! I don't know if that was on street tires or not, so it will be very interesting to see what times they officially release.

Just think, this is the first of 5 cars. The next one is the F1 replacement (probably $1.2-1.5M), gunning right for the Veryon SS, Koenigsegg and the new Pagani. Then we get a 911 Turbo fighter for probably less than $150k. Maybe a sport sedan after that?
Yeah it was crazy watching that airbrake go up and down on the track. If they can go faster then ~7.30 on street tires it is nothing else then amazing. I have driven that track in about 8.05 BTG, and did a ride along in a modded GT2 at ~7.40ish and I almost crapped my pants. I can't imagine what sub 7.30 full lap would feel like.

If anybody can make a faster car to compete with Bugatti, Koenigsegg etc it would be Mclaren.
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 6,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordonMusser View Post
Caverman-
Sorry we didn't get to chat more. We are running an Alcon front caliper with two pieces rotors all the way around (stock rear calipers- we actually are going to be switching to V6 rear brake calipers for 2012).

Good info here. Castrol SRF or Motul 600. Hawk pads are a good balance for street/track use. Brake cooling ducts are great for anybody that plans to continue with hitting the road course. We run a custom 2X 3" duct for each front wheel.

You don't need fancy rotors for light track duty. We are going to be putting together a package that will be 'safe' for the average C5'er to get out on a track and learn to drive. We can then accommodate additional braking modifications as the driver improves, and if he/she decides it's something they want to continue doing.

We also offer StopTech big brake front kits which will pretty much end any braking problems you will ever have.
Thanks Jordan for chiming in.

I was mostly looking at the rear of the car since that was what was exposed. The front tires were still on so I didn't get to see much of it.

I wish I would've had time to stick around but I had other plans I had to go to......plus not being an Lone Star Camaro member......well, lets just say it was time to go anyway.

I was really impressed with your crew and your shop. I'm really glad I made it out there and I'm sure I'll be back. Wish I would've known of you sooner since I just had my car aligned and bushings tuned about 2 wks ago. I'm sure you could've pointed me in a good direction....not that I got a bad alignment, I just bet I could've got me an even better one.

I really do want to track my car one day and if I can quit spending all my money on this car I might be able to get your private lessons.

I hope to see you get more involved here on these forums. I think you can definatley bring some good race experience. I also like the way you're a straight shooter....you'll tell use if we really need something or not. It's not about making a sale with you...it seems truely like you want to help the customer get what they want out of the car.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Hamilton@HMS
 
Drives: GTO
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Inglewood, Ca
Posts: 4
If you are looking for brake upgrades we've got DBA Rotors and Hawk Pads in stock and ready to go. We've got a sale going on as well.

Last edited by Hamilton@HMS; 03-16-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Hamilton@HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #21
Mikamaro
Mike
 
Mikamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: A 2010 CAMARO SS LS3 1LE Track Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Land of the GenIV Camaros & Firebirds.
Posts: 1,200
I think I'm in the right Thread,
Last weekend i've run the life my oem Pads after 18k miles, pretty good!
But 2 hours of track time kill the last bit of them...?
I'm wondering what pads to used with my oem setup and if I should consider changing my rotor as well even if they are new OEM that GM replaced last month...?
__________________

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner
 
CAP'N B's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT 99 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Real Cajun, LA.
Posts: 457
Send a message via Yahoo to CAP'N B
Same here, my pads are at the end of their life. Soon I'm going to be putting Pedders road/autocross track II package, stainless lines, and ATE Super Blue Fluid. I will be putting this car on the track especially since NOLA motorsports is open. IWAS considering Hawk HPS or HP+, but my ears are open.
__________________
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99/A6

Last edited by CAP'N B; 05-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #23
mikey1107
 
mikey1107's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 163
I am going to try EBC Yellowstuff pads,see of they do any good. I could not get any feedback from anyone one here about them so I figure it's worth a try. I also am installing stainless lines,cooling ducts and Motul fluid at the same time. In the future I definately plan on the CTS-V brake upgrade just can not afford it now.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS
GMPP exhaust,Vara Ram intake,Pedders XAs,1LE sway bars
20x10 gloss black XO Miami's,275/315 Nitto Invos
CTS-V front brakes,Hotchkis STB

mikey1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
InfernoMike2ss
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 16
Has anyone ever used rotors from brake performance.com? If so, I would appreciate the feed back.
InfernoMike2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
brakes

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brembo GT Brake Upgrade SStothebone Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 7 02-28-2011 08:40 AM
DBA Brake Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads, and Motul Fluids! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 49 11-13-2010 03:57 PM
The most cost effective brake upgrade for the C5 SS? nardox Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 7 10-26-2010 10:38 AM
Brembo Brake Upgrade by GMS Granatelli Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 15 06-28-2010 01:18 PM
***STILLEN Camaro SS Brake System Upgrade Package*** Team STILLEN Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 14 03-16-2010 01:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.