Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
SSRich
 
SSRich's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: va
Posts: 241
I hate Transformers!!

Anybody else in with me on this?
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227
 
z28camaro2471's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 786
I can't say that I hate it, I can say however that I will not go see the movie nor have I ever seen an episode on TV.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
darthknight72
 
darthknight72's Avatar
 
Drives: 1983 trans am
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 127
Are you serious?I just went to see it again yesterday.Then again I was a huge fan growing up.I thought everyone on here would like it just for the new Camaro,and you gotta love that bumblebee's arch rival was a saleen Mustang.Just my thoughts Im curious what everyone else thinks.In fact,I might have to see it again before I head back out on the road.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
SSRich
 
SSRich's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: va
Posts: 241
lol im just kidding the only reason i hate it is because after it came out i cant even find a concept camaro hot wheel around here its been awhile since ive seen anything camaro concept.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
SSRich
 
SSRich's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: va
Posts: 241
i loved the movie i just wish we seen a little more mustang and camaro chase. I would have like to seen the mustang chase the camaro concept.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 17,910
I wish we could have seen the kill bill sequence for a little longer. Or maybe a mustand/camaro chase in the '09. =)
__________________
"J, you're my favorite Pokemod" ~Revo1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Eisenhower
I drank what?
 
Eisenhower's Avatar
 
Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Join Date: May 2007
Location: check your back seat...
Posts: 416
I thought the movie was stupid-- no lie. I only went for the Camaro! HaHa! I would pay $9.50 just to see an hour and a half of the Camaro. othernat
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
i loved the movie i just wish we seen a little more mustang and camaro chase. I would have like to seen the mustang chase the camaro concept.
Yep, loved the movie. Saw it twice myself. I was really hoping for a Mustang/'09 Camaro fight though...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
storm79
 
storm79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 284
i was too....thats ironic how the rivals in the movie are rivals in the car market
__________________
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,704
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ironic, or planned? I guess that the car is "not a Ford". It's a Saleen...
Apparently Ford made a Big deal when it came to having the Mustang as a Bad Guy. So it's not a Mustang that the Camaro fought with. It's a....(whatever Saleens number-name is for that thing) with Police appearence.

come on, Ford. Wake up: Camaro beat the Mustang...wait for it...all over the Country!!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #11
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner
 
urbanlegend's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 66
Not only do I love the Transformers, I saw it twice in the states while I was on leave and tonight is the first time they're showing it on base and I'm going. I'll even sport my Transformers Teeshirt to it. I'm a huge G1 fan and a total Starscream fangirl. Yes, I am that obnoxiously dorky.
__________________
"To punish and enslave"
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 25,900
Now that I think of it, I'm suprised Ford let that happen...fighting with BB and losing. Technically, it is a Ford....with the Saleen package. I'm suprised they let their Mustang lose. Then again, they did get a lot of airtime and publicity.
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
storm79
 
storm79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 284
yeah.....the saleen mustang is just a different stlye of mustang....it's not a completely different car...
__________________
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #14
SoFlaZ

 
SoFlaZ's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing special :-(
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 940
I think they used a Saleen Mustang because they agreed to build the Camaro or "Bumblebee" and then use another Saleen car. Somewhere I read that Ford would not agree to use a regular Rustang so thats whay they used a Saleen. So tecnically its not a Ford, but a Saleen because it can be bought directly from Saleen. IDK how true it is but I just remember reading it somewhere.

When I read the title of this thread I almost busted out my ninja sword:slice:
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,856
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
i was too....thats ironic how the rivals in the movie are rivals in the car market
not irony, good writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Ironic, or planned? I guess that the car is "not a Ford". It's a Saleen...
Apparently Ford made a Big deal when it came to having the Mustang as a Bad Guy. So it's not a Mustang that the Camaro fought with. It's a....(whatever Saleens number-name is for that thing) with Police appearence.

come on, Ford. Wake up: Camaro beat the Mustang...wait for it...all over the Country!!!
its a Saleen S281 with the police package


Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Now that I think of it, I'm suprised Ford let that happen...fighting with BB and losing. Technically, it is a Ford....with the Saleen package. I'm suprised they let their Mustang lose. Then again, they did get a lot of airtime and publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
yeah.....the saleen mustang is just a different stlye of mustang....it's not a completely different car...
but the S281 and the Camaro used in the movie are 2 completely different cars than what you will ever see come off a production floor from GM/Ford/Saleen. Both cars used in the movie were built by saleen. heck, the BB Camaro was really a GTO with a body built onto it. did you notice the fact that the BB maro didnt have calipers on its brakes? the wheels/rotors were fake.

I love transformers, which makes it easier for me to be more scrupulous with anything new.

just a few facts and my $.02
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner
 
urbanlegend's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

...Did you notice the fact that the BB maro didnt have calipers on its brakes? the wheels/rotors were fake.
...

I noticed that. I have the picture of the car infront of Griffith Observatory and that little lack of attention to detail irks me.
__________________
"To punish and enslave"
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,704
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't see why they didn't just let us see the real rotors/brake calipers...
Or better yet...borrow the rotors off of the concept
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #18
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,856
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
I noticed that. I have the picture of the car infront of Griffith Observatory and that little lack of attention to detail irks me.
could you email that to GNpunchesbabies@aol.com ???

I just got back from LA and the Observatory was one of the places I visited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't see why they didn't just let us see the real rotors/brake calipers...
Or better yet...borrow the rotors off of the concept
because the wheels that were on the car were steelies. lol
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner
 
urbanlegend's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
could you email that to GNpunchesbabies@aol.com ???

I just got back from LA and the Observatory was one of the places I visited



because the wheels that were on the car were steelies. lol
Did you see Jupiter and it's moons on the telescope? I love the huge pendulum they have their too. God, I went there back in the 90's when I lived in San Diego. I love the observatory. One of my favorite places in SoCal.

Here's a link to the picture on my photobucket account: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...g?t=1186274337

The copy of that pic I have isn't too big. I have a Mac so it does a good job of blowing pics up to fit and not really loosing too much quality. I love my mac.
__________________
"To punish and enslave"
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,856
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
Did you see Jupiter and it's moons on the telescope? I love the huge pendulum they have their too. God, I went there back in the 90's when I lived in San Diego. I love the observatory. One of my favorite places in SoCal.

Here's a link to the picture on my photobucket account: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...g?t=1186274337

The copy of that pic I have isn't too big. I have a Mac so it does a good job of blowing pics up to fit and not really loosing too much quality. I love my mac.
yeah, I saw the moons. you should go back, they have done a lot of renovating to the place in the last few years. the only thing I didnt care for (the same reason i didnt care for the California science center) was that it was really kiddie oriented. the Science Center in St. Louis that I went to nearly every year since I was 7-21 always had something to learn for everybody, these two places were more oriented for the kids (not that thats a bad thing) but still, I like to go to these places and learn something new, not repeat 6th grade science class.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner
 
urbanlegend's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 66
Hopefully we'll be moving westward in 2 years. I'm hoping for New Mexico or SoCal. If we get SoCal, I'm definitely going.

Hey, weren't those "renovations" why the Observatory was were the autobots went to in the movie? Lol.
__________________
"To punish and enslave"
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #22
storm79
 
storm79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 284
made myself a new avatar of transformers clips with teh camaro...pretty cool....but i can't use it cuz it's too big and i forgot that while i was makign it lol

__________________
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,704
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's pretty cool!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 25,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
made myself a new avatar of transformers clips with teh camaro...pretty cool....but i can't use it cuz it's too big and i forgot that while i was makign it lol

Cool avatar. But, I kinda like the one you already have!
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 AM   #25
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner
 
urbanlegend's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
made myself a new avatar of transformers clips with teh camaro...pretty cool....but i can't use it cuz it's too big and i forgot that while i was makign it lol


Storm79, I love that avatar. I'm extremely active on a forum for the 8thgen Civic and I'd love to use that as my avatar over there since they all know that I'm getting a Camaro next. If I beg enough, could you make me one that says Hahaha Torque! at the end? I'd love you forever and ever and ever.


Please, please, please, please? I don't have avatar making skills yet.
__________________
"To punish and enslave"
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The official “I saw Transformers the movie” thread frodo Off-topic Discussions 60 07-26-2010 07:25 PM
Great article on the Camaro concept being used in Transformers movie Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 14 02-25-2010 01:48 PM
Possible Transformers Theme song for download Mindz Off-topic Discussions 8 10-29-2009 07:32 PM
Transformers Online Autobot Game TAG UR IT Off-topic Discussions 186 08-09-2007 07:28 PM
New videos featuring Micah Jones and Tom Peters talking about Camaro in Transformers Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 1 06-29-2007 10:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.