Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

View Poll Results: Legend or Memories?
BULLITT - Legend 17 38.64%
Challenger RT - Memories 27 61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
BULLITT Vs. Challenger RT

2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

FordVehicles.com/FocusFord has released official photos of its upcoming Bullitt Mustang. The special edition Mustang wears unique 18 inch wheels — covering Performance-grade Carbon Metallic front brakes — and rides on Ford’s Sport Tuned suspension kit. Ford says the exterior of the Bullit Mustang has a “look of quiet intensity,” achieved by a spoiler delete, a new upper grille and badge removal.

Power from the GT’s 4.6L V8 has been boosted to 315 horsepower and 325 lb-ft or torque, thanks to a cold air intake and a new adaptive spark ignition system. The Bullitt will breathe through a sports exhaust system — with 3.5 inch outlets — and will put its power to the ground via a 3.73 Limited Slip Differential out back. The result is a .3 second faster 0-60 time and a new top speed of 151 mph.

The Bullitt’s interior is finished in black leather with aluminum accents.
--------------------------Vs.-----------------------------

The R/T, powered by an updated version of the 5.7 liter Hemi V8 also found in platform-mates Charger R/T and 300C, is the first modern Hemi car available with a manual transmission: a six-speed unit -- borrowed from the Viper -- with a pistol grip shifter reminiscent of the original Challengers from 35 years ago. Dodge officially announced the range-topping SRT8 will also have the stick option.

All 5.7-liter HEMIs get a bump in power for 2009 that amounts to 30 more ponies along with an extra 8 pound-feet of torque, for totals of 370 horsepower and 398 pound-feet. This is accomplished via variable valve timing as well as a higher compression ratio, now 10.5 instead of 9.6. Opting for the Tremec six-speed in place of the five-speed auto on the R/T bumps those numbers further, to 375 and 404, respectively, though requires premium fuel to do so. Dodge estimates that fuel economy is 5 percent better as well, now rated by the EPA at 15 mpg in the city and 23 mph on the highway, with the stick burning one more mpg in the city. Acceleration to the 60 mph benchmark is under six seconds, Dodge says.

The R/T version weighs about 130 pounds less than the 425 horsepower SRT-8, which is slated to hit showrooms in the spring. The rolling stock consists of 18-inch alloy wheels and high-performance tires, with a Classic R/T version launched in 2009 getting unique 20-inch wheels and more styling hints to bring back memories of the original Challengers.

Which one would you buy? NO CAMAROS this would be a time period before the Camaro came out, ohh...August of 2008.

Oops forgot a pic of each.

Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
you realize the bullitt has been out for almost 2 years right?

Id buy the bullitt. It would be alot more fun to drive because of the lack of weight.

Faster, and imo better looking inside and out.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Tactical Z
Banned

Yes I know that....
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Yes I know that....
ok... what you posted talked about the 'upcoming bullitt mustang'.....

But yes im a big bullitt fan. If i had to buy a car TODAY id go get a used bullitt for 22k. Love the simple design and the highland green.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Tactical Z
Banned

Ok...like umm...sorry :(

Theres a brand new one here for 27k.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
The chally R/T, please ...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Ok...like umm...sorry :(

Theres a brand new one here for 27k.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

really a great buy... My Grandfather had the orignal 1967 Green Mustang GT from the movie, so my Dad has always been pushing me to get it.

Fun car, if mustangs didnt feel so cheap id already have one.

If you want to go out and buy a fun car that feels like a quality car when your in it, go out an get a GTO. Those things have more leather than any other muscle car, including the camaro.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Tactical Z
Banned

It was a 1968 Mustang GT390...Not a 1967....I dont think...but your mostlikely right.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
mustang sux-i sat in one at the show--yuck!!!!! cheap shit kidd lol

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

I'll take 390 horses than 315

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
Tactical Z
Banned

why you do this? Jeff-
Old 02-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
GatorBlue371

Quote:
It was a 1968 Mustang GT390...Not a 1967....I dont think...but your mostlikely right.
ill be honest, i dont know shit about the older mustangs. All i know is that w/e car was in the movie was the one he had.

Ive been in the new bullitt and its interior is nicer than the GT's but it still feels cheap. If your going to buy a muscle car it goes like this....

1. Camaro SS

2. Challenger SRT 6-Speed

3. 2006 6.0 GTO

4. GT500

5. Bullitt Mustang

6. Challenger R/T

7. Mustang GT

8. Camaro V6

9. Mustang V6

10. Challenger V6
Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
ill be honest, i dont know shit about the older mustangs. All i know is that w/e car was in the movie was the one he had.

Ive been in the new bullitt and its interior is nicer than the GT's but it still feels cheap. If your going to buy a muscle car it goes like this....

1. Camaro SS

2. Challenger SRT 6-Speed

3. 2006 6.0 GTO

4. GT500

5. Bullitt Mustang

6. Challenger R/T

7. Mustang GT

8. Camaro V6

9. Mustang V6

10. Challenger V6

hmm, I agree with your list

Quote:
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
Tactical Z
Banned

I believe the GT500 should be first, Camaro 2nd.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Your entitled to your opinion.... However there isnt enough going for the GT500 to dethrone the Camaro. The Camaro is MUCH better rounded than the GT500. The GT500 feels just as cheap as the GT when you sit in them. As you can see it didnt even make my top 3 because of how cheap it is.

being cheap is not good for a car that costs 10k more. Yes its faster, but being faster to 60 by mere tenths of a second doesnt make it a better car, and it doesnt warrant the 10k price difference.

If you get impatient and want to buy a muscle car TODAY, this is about the best thing you can buy for a BARGIN price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1318
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #16
Tactical Z
Banned

Lmao no....GT500 are sexier! I agree Mustangs are cheap sorta...but Camaros are heavy.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Lmao no....GT500 are sexier! I agree Mustangs are cheap sorta...but Camaros are heavy.
both of them are heavy

Quote:
Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
GatorBlue371

Quote:
The GT500 is heavier than the camaro...??

Which car is 'Sexier" is subjective to the viewer... however the Camaro is a fresh new design that blows away anyone who sees it in person. Hardly Something the GT500 can brag about.

Thats why the SRT beat the GT500 as well, for Design purposes the GT500 has grown dull compared to the new designs of the Challenger and Camaro. The GTO beat the GT500 because of the HUGE gap in quality/price.

For instance... I test drove the R/T a few months back, (didnt like it) but the point of the story is at a stop light a guy in a 1967 Corvette offered to trade for the car, he even took pictures of us in it while sitting at a Red. these cars get people excited.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
i vote bullitt
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #20
Tactical Z
Banned

Ok, you made your point...Camaros are Epic.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Ok, you made your point...Camaros are Epic.
The Camaro SS offers the best performance/Quality/Price ratio out of any of the cars.

It also has the 'wow' factor that comes with the fresh new design and technology like the Heads up display and halo's
Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
Tactical Z
Banned

And its heavy. Just kidding..its a wonderful car.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #23
GatorBlue371

Quote:
And its heavy. Just kidding..its a wonderful car.
the only cars on that list that ARENT heavy are:

The GTO (a big factor in pushing it past the GT500)

And the mustang (GT/Bullitt) neither of which have substantial power.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
...are u sure u wouldnt like to go to the mustang forums? cuz mustangs suck, and a camaro would most definitly be first
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #25
Tactical Z
Banned

I'm positive, Mustang forums is scary.