Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
Got a call from dealer, had to switch colors!!!

I got a call from my dealer today, Findlay Chevy here in vegas, and he told me that GM was not going to be releasing CGM in the first production run of camaros and he needed to get the finished order to them today and in order for me to get my camaro by May then i'd have to change the color... If I didn't change the color then he could not say when the color would be available nor when I would get my car...

I changed it to Black

Did anyone else have to do this today????

2010 Camaro 1SS/RS, Black on Black LS3
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
uh oh.... here we go!!!
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
How many allocated camaro's did Findlay get from GM?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
dreamcamaro09

Drives: 2009 Challenger R/T
No but i was expecting that call today. My dealer told me about constraints and how certain colors might not be available for this first batch. My dealer didnt find out his constraints today though. Im still waiting to hear from him on if i have to change color. Did your dealer tell you what colors they are making?
dreamcamaro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
interesting....
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
im sorry but other than White, i dont believe it when a dealer says anything about colors like that, the chassis are painted as they come down the line, what ever color the car is, it gets sprayed. its not like they run blue for a week then red for a week etc etc.

i call shenanigans
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
ArcAngel

i dont think your right headpunter...there was already some discussion that CGM might be late because of the inability to finish the current impala grey
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Last week I got a call from my sales rep and he said that GM is now offering the blue's for the SS models cause GM didn't offer it before hand. But they actually did offer the colors from November I think? I saw it in another post on here. Hmmmmmm?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
dreamcamaro09

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
im sorry but other than White, i dont believe it when a dealer says anything about colors like that, the chassis are painted as they come down the line, what ever color the car is, it gets sprayed. its not like they run blue for a week then red for a week etc etc.

i call shenanigans
They dont spray them anymore. they dip them. the way they do it now is they run them down the line and dip them into a tank and thats where the color constraints come in. they dont want to change their paint tank every car so they just run a whole bunch through one color.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
ArcAngel

yea I have a feeling there are gonna be a few other things that wont be available at launch...and a lot of pissed off customers
Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
dreamcamaro09

Thats why i am trying to be very open minded about what i get. to me a camaro is a camaro and i love them either way.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
i ordered a 2ss rs CGM fri feb 5th @ 8:07 am and today i goes in to see if i could change to no sun roof, dealer said it wasn't a prob cause they can't put the in until thursday feb. 12th?
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
ArcAngel

Honestly thats why if I don't get to order it within the next few weeks I will just wait
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

OK, my dealer got 15 allocations and George was not BSing me when he told me that CGM was not going to be available..

Color change to black wasn't a bad choice I don't think... I Had to make the decision that minute, he told me that I was number 2 on his allocation list. The first person on their list is an employee there. and he wanted to give me the option to change colors if I wanted to.

He told me that the phone call he had with GM told him that CGM or summit white are not available at first production run cycle.. meaning the first 4 weeks of them making the vehicles, he did however not get information as to how many cycles would need to happen before Summit White or CGM were available...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I think they should paint them all black. lol
Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #16
camaroguy
MJ is finally home!

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I think they should paint them all black. lol
NO!!!
camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcamaro09 View Post
They dont spray them anymore. they dip them. the way they do it now is they run them down the line and dip them into a tank and thats where the color constraints come in. they dont want to change their paint tank every car so they just run a whole bunch through one color.
Not true at all. One look at a painted body will tell you this if you don't believe me. They are sprayed robotically. They could spray a single car multiple colors if they really felt like it. They have a limited number of robots/buckets so they have a limited number of colors that they can use.

CGM is "awaiting validation" but *should* be available by launch which is still over a month away.

This should probably be merged with this thread as it's basically the same topic.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #18
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

let's just say that it's available at launch, am i the only person that was told today that they had to change their color or my car would not be one of the first production run cycles???

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
dreamcamaro09

As long as they make the victory red im fine with whatever they do. i cant imagine having a sports car thats not red.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
That sucks, i hope you guys get your cars soon, i know that Scott mentioned that CGM was the most preordered colour.
I thought the cars werent dipped and that any car can be painted at any colour and that they dont do batches. The only problem with the CGM was that the impala grey hasnt been completely finished due to the delay. Arc Angel was right about that
4 weeks, well i guess thats good for some, but i honestly think that sucks. Are these the only constraints now. Who care, another month is worth waiting for the colour you absolutely want.
Anyone know if these will be the only constriaints for the first batch of cars?
It seems like they must have ABL done because there are no constraints on 2LTs and 2SS, maybe a constraint will come in time for that, maybe they dropped ABL, or maybe they got it working!!!!!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
let's just say that it's available at launch, am i the only person that was told today that they had to change their color or my car would not be one of the first production run cycles???
Read this thread.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
This is a post by 80zedder explaining how the camaros will be painted

they go into a phosphate bath, ELPO dip, they are dusted with ostritch feathers in between steps "they are a pain in the ass to fix if they get stuck to the bodies and painted over "my job as a paint repair tech".

The paint in the car plant is electrically charged as well as the primer. All waterbased paint instead of laquer paint as well.

What you saw at the BMW plant on TV, i think it was Ultimate Factories " i seen it too" is how we do it as well with a few minor adjustments/steps.

When you seen the guys in the paint booth wearing the blue overalls "smurf outfits" wetsanding out defects and buffing the bodies to a shine is where i started off doing in truck paintshop and car before i moved up the ladder of asskissing.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #23
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'm holding out for the CGM... I'm bent on getting one and I don't care if it takes a little longer.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcamaro09 View Post

Any one who believes this is a dips**T
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #25
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I'm holding out for the CGM... I'm bent on getting one and I don't care if it takes a little longer.
Yeah, I am too if it comes to that. I am in the middle of my dealers allocations so I am not sweatin, might be if I was 1st though!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote