Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 03-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
NAZZ
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/RS VIN 9588/05/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvflyn View Post
What time to show?
They start meeting up there about 530 to 630 depends on the weather
Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #16
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Alittle update, I have several designs ready to go. I'll post them after they are resized to fit on the boards.
As far as the rest...I guess we're going to wait until the next meet.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #17
Americanmadecargirl
CamaroGirl67

Drives: 1967 327 RS Convert.
Send a message via Yahoo to Americanmadecargirl
I'm for it! Sounds like a great idea!!

1967 RS 327 / 1993 LX Mustang / 2004 GT Mustang
Americanmadecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvflyn View Post
I'm In. Officers, dues, and quarum! Great logo. We should pick a charity, or underprivileged school to sponsor.
Officers, dues, and quarum...

As a former Corvette owner, I can tell you every Corvette club that had officers, dues, and a structured command (and that was the majority of them) spent more time holding meetings, voting for positions, paying dues, and planning than they did having fun with their cars.

The good clubs were the casual ones that still had names and logos and stuff but no defined structure. People would step up and plan cruises or we would piggy-back on other organized car shows/cruise-ins as appropriate. This is what we have going on now with ECC.

1978 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 Corvette Z51 6-speed - sold
2008 Corvette Z06 - sold
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
NAZZ
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/RS VIN 9588/05/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post

As a former Corvette owner, I can tell you every Corvette club that had officers, dues, and a structured command (and that was the majority of them) spent more time holding meetings, voting for positions, paying dues, and planning than they did having fun with their cars.

The good clubs were the casual ones that still had names and logos and stuff but no defined structure. People would step up and plan cruises or we would piggy-back on other organized car shows/cruise-ins as appropriate. This is what we have going on now with ECC.
I totally agree
Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Quote:

not trying to butt in but thats how my club is run, ( the first one the way the vettes are) and honestly, my husband wants out. We dont like how its run, nor the way voting is set up.. we do more things with a former club member and others than we ever did with the actual club. Friends being friends... everyone gets along better and no one is committed to anything. No structure... more fun?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
rangerchevy
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '10 ABM 1SS, '10 Silverado 4x4
Send a message via AIM to rangerchevy Send a message via Skype™ to rangerchevy
well...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2015 Spice Red Metallic 2LTZ Impala
Quote:

I agree with what Kurt said. Good point
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #23
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
okey dokey..looks like I over stepped a bit. I apologize to Regina and Mimi for putting them on the spot. Consider it the idea with drawn.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #24
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:

We agree!!!!!!!! Because that's how we had things anyone could plan a cruise and we all could be involved in. I like the idea of logos and a group name. but, still have the freedom.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #25
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsinger View Post
okey dokey..looks like I over stepped a bit. I apologize to Regina and Mimi for putting them on the spot. Consider it the idea with drawn.
No worries!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
Tusk
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: E350
I have to agree with several others regarding keeping the group less structured. It has worked thus far, and should continue to work into the future. We now have an official name and logo, but I think we should retain our family style of doing things. This will help us at car shows, charity events, etc.

I have looked into setting up the name as an official entity, and it seems pretty easy. The reason to have it formally formed as an LLC is for liability and tax purposes (according to my attorney). We can discuss this at the next gathering.

See y'all at Pony Wars. (Not sure if Mimi or 'lil Tusk will make it. He has a Math Competition that same day)

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
The only organizational recommendation I could think of is this: choosing a point of contact for sites that list clubs. We live in a tourist spot with military bases so the population is transient; the individual listed as a group POC to show new members to the site would have to be someone who is a permanent resident of the area as we can expect many people joining and leaving the club over time.

As far as planning, we could easily start a thread on the first of each month to discuss ideas for our own events or cross-link to other forums/sites that will welcome us at their event/show.

1978 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 Corvette Z51 6-speed - sold
2008 Corvette Z06 - sold
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #28
z28chuck
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS Camaro
Brainstorm? Heck I have a "storm" going on in my brain each and every day! Lol
I am definitely in on the formal club thing and would love to meet more often if possible. If we do a formal club do you think we could do mass emails about events and such...I dont always get to the website to search but do get all my emails...just a thought.
Soooo, anyone going to Valdosta on the 2nd? I hope to see a bunch of us there!
z28chuck is offline   Reply With Quote