Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,398
Nissan wants a US Bailout

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/10/n...tric-vehicles/





Nissan better stay the F*%@ away from my Tax money.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
I agree..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
Why should they stay away? They are a global company just like GM. They employ American workers as well? Personally I didn't agree with GM's bailout. This only shows the slippery slope that was created as a result of the GM and Chrylser bailout.

Keep government out of business.....let the strong survive.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Why should they stay away? They are a global company just like GM. They employ American workers as well?
Nissan isn't an American based company. You don't see GM or Chrysler going to China or Japan asking for bailout money just because they have factories and sell cars there do you?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Thanks DeNiro - "Remember Pearl Harbor"
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Why should they stay away? They are a global company just like GM. They employ American workers as well? Personally I didn't agree with GM's bailout. This only shows the slippery slope that was created as a result of the GM and Chrylser bailout.

Keep government out of business.....let the strong survive.
Loan
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
diddiyo


 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: .
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Nissan isn't an American based company. You don't see GM or Chrysler going to China or Japan asking for bailout money just because they have factories and sell cars there do you?
soooo, GM was looking for a bailout for it's Opel division in Germany as well. I don't know what your problem is.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No. Denied. Rejected. Stay the hell away!!! Go ask Japan for money, not us!!!


EDIT: On a more logical note...I'd like to see how this plays out, honestly...I can't picture the CEO of Nissan personally pleading his case to Congress effectively....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
If they are going to ask the US, why not ask every country they are in..GM and Chrysler that is. I never intimated that Nissan was an American company, I simply use the same argument the bailout proponents used for GM. It was to save American jobs. What makes the Nissan worker in America less important than the GM person?

Remember Pearl Harbor? Are you serious?

Bailouts or Government Loans whatever you want to call them are bad.....but now proponents of these bailouts for GM all of a sudden are not being too consistent in their arguments.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Do they pay american corporate taxes?
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Bailouts. Really. The politician in me says they should be self-funded.

Just like an employer adding money to a unemployment fund for its workers, a part of the pie should go into a fund (especially when times are good) for times of economic lows for companies to stay afloat. JMO.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
Caliman93230

 
Caliman93230's Avatar
 
Drives: LS3S/C
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CALI
Posts: 1,347
hey I want a bail out, give me some money and will go green too.
__________________
MODS whipple 2.9L s/c, ADM race scoop, 600 rwhp 550 wrtq, .
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
As long as GM is lossing money they won't be paying corporate taxes either :(
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
manimsoblack

 
manimsoblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bradenton/Ruskin FL
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Bailouts. Really. The politician in me says they should be self-funded.

Just like an employer adding money to a unemployment fund for its workers, a part of the pie should go into a fund (especially when times are good) for times of economic lows for companies to stay afloat. JMO.
I've always wondered if how companies go under after one or two years of loss? I couldn't imagine that they'd stay in business that long on a very thin profit margin. I thought rainy day funds (10-20% of profits per year) were just common sense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
You take a shit on everything fun and good on this forum.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown beast.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,916
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Loan
Right. We are basicaly as taxpayers 'investing in GM' Still not a good thing but a must at this point. But we gotta keep a close eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Nissan isn't an American based company. You don't see GM or Chrysler going to China or Japan asking for bailout money just because they have factories and sell cars there do you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Why should they stay away? They are a global company just like GM. They employ American workers as well? Personally I didn't agree with GM's bailout. This only shows the slippery slope that was created as a result of the GM and Chrylser bailout.

Keep government out of business.....let the strong survive.
I agree, let the strong survive. But if you ARE going to loan taxpayer money, you don't loan it to a foreign entity. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No. Denied. Rejected. Stay the hell away!!! Go ask Japan for money, not us!!!


EDIT: On a more logical note...I'd like to see how this plays out, honestly...I can't picture the CEO of Nissan personally pleading his case to Congress effectively....
I'd love to see those proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Do they pay american corporate taxes?
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
As long as GM is lossing money they won't be paying corporate taxes either :(
The point is to get them back to a profit. If it's a foreign company you'll NEVER see the whole tax of the whole profit. On one hand you say let the strong survive, so I assume you understand that jobs will be lost. Let the job losses come from companies that don't pay the full Corp. taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
I've always wondered if how companies go under after one or two years of loss? I couldn't imagine that they'd stay in business that long on a very thin profit margin. I thought rainy day funds (10-20% of profits per year) were just common sense.
Problem is, they've burned through those.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
lil_chef
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,823
arent the japenese car companies funded by their government in the firstplace.........
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
t3chfr3ak
 
Drives: mazda 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in an igloo in Canada
Posts: 223
I wonder what the naysayers opinions would be if it was their job on the line at a Nissan or any auto plant. Alot of you are so self absorbed that you dont realize we are all connected. US, Canadian, Japanese, European.......who cares! If one country sinks we all sink. Plain and simple. Maybe bailouts were a bad move, but when tens of thousands of jobs are on the line and busnisess that are linked to these manufacturers are also on a thin line, I think that is the only way out of this mess. Everything is connected, for gods sakes. Manufactuer shuts down>dealerships goes down>people loose jobs at dealerships, repair shops, aftermarket sellers, retailers around dealerships are affected, parts sellers, anything auto related is affected>people spend less> all retailers are affected........My god the list can go on and on! I hope you all realize this for all our sake.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Please they are already funded by the japanese and french government tell them to bite it!!
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Please they are already funded by the japanese and french government tell them to bite it!!
I swear I would never pay taxes again, if the U.S. even consider writhing a check
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown beast.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,916
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
I wonder what the naysayers opinions would be if it was their job on the line at a Nissan or any auto plant. Alot of you are so self absorbed that you dont realize we are all connected. US, Canadian, Japanese, European.......who cares! If one country sinks we all sink. Plain and simple. Maybe bailouts were a bad move, but when tens of thousands of jobs are on the line and busnisess that are linked to these manufacturers are also on a thin line, I think that is the only way out of this mess. Everything is connected, for gods sakes. Manufactuer shuts down>dealerships goes down>people loose jobs at dealerships, repair shops, aftermarket sellers, retailers around dealerships are affected, parts sellers, anything auto related is affected>people spend less> all retailers are affected........My god the list can go on and on! I hope you all realize this for all our sake.
So we're supposed to send billions of dollars to Japan and trust them to do the right thing with it? Really?

Look what our people are doing with much of the money we've given them. When does it stop? We're giving them more money than we'll ever get back. When you're fighting an out of control fire you can't just throw a little water on it. Sometimes you have to clear the surrounding area to keep it contained. Do you think there is an easy way out of this? Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong. Let's hear your idea. Send money overseas to fix a problem here. Sounds like NWO to me.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #21
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Do they pay american corporate taxes?
Don't you mean WE pay corporate taxes?
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #22
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
There's a lot more to it than where the car's final assembly takes place:

http://www.levelfieldinstitute.org/
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #23
t3chfr3ak
 
Drives: mazda 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in an igloo in Canada
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
So we're supposed to send billions of dollars to Japan and trust them to do the right thing with it? Really?

Look what our people are doing with much of the money we've given them. When does it stop? We're giving them more money than we'll ever get back. When you're fighting an out of control fire you can't just throw a little water on it. Sometimes you have to clear the surrounding area to keep it contained. Do you think there is an easy way out of this? Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong. Let's hear your idea. Send money overseas to fix a problem here. Sounds like NWO to me.
No there is no easy way out, but for the national govnts to just stand there and look important and not do anything is pretty pointless. If Nissan is looking for a loan to save their american manufacturers then thats not so bad. We Canadians are giving GM a loan. Im sure other countries are on the same track its just a matter of time. If nothing is done about this do you realize what the consequences would be? To me, letting corp. just die off letting the freemarket restructure itself is something in this time of age, seem impossible. There is just too much interlinked to let that happen. If we were in the early 1900s that would be a different story because alot of businesses were mostly independent not fully, but mostly. If one business was to close down, not much would be affected. But, today, with the huge population and interlinked national economic systems, if one big company closes down, businesses worldwide are affected. Sure its important for the US to start healing itself, but at this point in time it doesnt matter what US does for itself, because nothing is going to get better until every country gets better. I just think its nonproductive to think in a regional type of way. Look around you and ask yourself "Where is this made?" and look at the tag. A majority of the stuff is not made in Canada or US thats for sure. With the debt the US govnt owes to various countries I dont think the US is in the position to deny anything anyways. I may sound anti US buy really I just want the US to realize this is just not a national crisis but an international one, and to think that you live in this country bordered away from national influences, you are going to get swift kick from reality.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #24
storm79
 
storm79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 284
this is ridiculous, nissan, not even a american based company comes and is saying that they need money from our government cuz they spent half their money on GTR development, sorry not true of course but im sure they spent a good hunk of change, but anyways not the point the point is they aren't an American based company their for they wouldnt have that big of an impact if they went down, unlike if the big 3 were 2 go down but ya it's a load of horse crap if they give money to nissan
__________________
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown beast.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,916
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
No there is no easy way out, but for the national govnts to just stand there and look important and not do anything is pretty pointless. If Nissan is looking for a loan to save their american manufacturers then thats not so bad. We Canadians are giving GM a loan. Im sure other countries are on the same track its just a matter of time. If nothing is done about this do you realize what the consequences would be? To me, letting corp. just die off letting the freemarket restructure itself is something in this time of age, seem impossible. There is just too much interlinked to let that happen. If we were in the early 1900s that would be a different story because alot of businesses were mostly independent not fully, but mostly. If one business was to close down, not much would be affected. But, today, with the huge population and interlinked national economic systems, if one big company closes down, businesses worldwide are affected. Sure its important for the US to start healing itself, but at this point in time it doesnt matter what US does for itself, because nothing is going to get better until every country gets better. I just think its nonproductive to think in a regional type of way. Look around you and ask yourself "Where is this made?" and look at the tag. A majority of the stuff is not made in Canada or US thats for sure. With the debt the US govnt owes to various countries I dont think the US is in the position to deny anything anyways. I may sound anti US buy really I just want the US to realize this is just not a national crisis but an international one, and to think that you live in this country bordered away from national influences, you are going to get swift kick from reality.
I get it. I understand how it all works. We're saturated. So what you're saying is it's too late. Socialism has come to America and international at that is here to stay because there is no other way. That IS what you're saying. So Norman Thomas was right in 1944 when he said "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." I beleive with the right sacrifices we can get our Free Enterprise system back. And don't tell me that we have that now because every Gov. dollar given or loaned is a business dollar bought.

I think we may be jacking the thread. I just respectfully disagree. NHF lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Nissan GT-R V-Spec Details Revealed! SSmoked General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 14 12-03-2008 05:19 PM
Mitt Romney's view on the bailout.. Supermans General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 38 11-20-2008 08:45 PM
Nissan makes offer for 20% of Chrysler camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 4 10-22-2008 07:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.