Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
My local chevy dealer will not give me back my deposit!

Its been over a month! This scumbag salesguy that I was dealing with had the nerve to tell me that he does not know if I can get my deposit back and that I would have to talk to his manager. So when I talk to his manager he basically said that he does not know why he said I could not get my deposit back and that as long as I have my receipt than I can get it back. He told me to fax him over the receipt so I faxed him over the receipt 2 weeks ago and I still dont have my deposit back as of today! and now the manager is not returning my emails and non of my calls.
Let me explain how this whole thing happened, beginning of this year when I was shopping for my camaro I had to do it over the internet due to my very very busy schedule at that time. I got a quote from this scum chevy dealer and I thought the deal was pretty good so after talking with the salesguy over the phone and getting a price I made a time to go over so I can do the paperwork. Once I got there this scumbag tried to put extra $1000 dollars from what he quoted me over the phone and had the nerve to lie to me in my face! To make things even worst he started leaving me alone 20-40 minutes at a time dealing with OTHER CUSTOMERS! After being there for over 4 hours and not getting anything accomplished I had to go back to my job so I told him that I had to leave and do this another day. I should of left as soon as he changed his price but I just wanted that car so bad. He asked me to leave him a deposit so he could hold the car for me so I left him a $200 dollars deposit.
After coming home that night I thought about what had happened at the dealership and decided to not give this guy a chance to make any money off me. I was blind to how I was actually getting treated by this sales guy at that time because all I was worried about was buying a camaro.
This happened 02/01/11 and I still dont have my deposit back! I didnt sign anything except for them to check the credit. I have been really patient all this time and this is really starting to piss me off really bad. I know that there are some really crooked dealers but I never dealt with a dealer that will play with your money.
I've been really nice not even putting their name out there but they are really pushing me
Our business lawyer right now is on a standby just itching to send them a nice little letter but I think I will end up paying my lawyer more than 200 at the end but my patient is really runnung out right now.
What other steps should I take? somebody give me some options please.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
If you don't purchase the car, I would think you'd lose the deposit.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
J4R3D

Drives: '11 5.0 Order Canceled...
Find out who owns the dealership, he probably works there mon-fri in his office. Walk in and talk to him, don't deal with the trash on the sales floor.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
If you don't purchase the car, I would think you'd lose the deposit.

Thats not what the dealer manager told me plus I didnt sign any vehicle contract so officially I didnt buy anything. My ex girlfriend uncle was a dealer manager for over 25 years at a 5 different dealership and he also told me that the dealers are not suppose to keep your deposit and never heard of a dealer doing this when you did not buy a car. They are just trying to play shady games with me and thats why I am so mad
Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
Don't talk to the actual salesperson. They are all scumbags. Talk to either the manager or the owner.
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee32 View Post
Don't talk to the actual salesperson. They are all scumbags. Talk to either the manager or the owner.
I dont know who the owner is but I talk to the manager and he told me to fax him the receipt and that he will give me back my deposit. That was 2 weeks ago. Now he wont even respond back to me.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I sure don't miss mishaps with dealers, I was held hostage at a Dodge dealer in the 90's waiting for this dealer trade to come in and when it finally did it was the wrong color truck but I had already given them the down payment and the keys to my trade in. What a mess that was to get out of there with my money and my trade.....the cops got involved so you could imagin. And no, I didn't make a deal with that dealer
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I sure don't miss mishaps with dealers, I was held hostage at a Dodge dealer in the 90's waiting for this dealer trade to come in and when it finally did it was the wrong color truck but I had already given them the down payment and the keys to my trade in. What a mess that was to get out of there with my money and my trade.....the cops got involved so you could imagin. And no, I didn't make a deal with that dealer
I am glad that it was not a trade or alot of money thats involved like you experienced. I am happy right now, I got my camaro and the dealer that I went with, sport chevy in silver spring md was just above superior! plus I got a heck of a deal at under invoice! I can leave this alone and take it as a loss since its only 200 bucks but I feel like I got robbed at a gunpoint seriously! I work and have a business dealing with customer service everyday and if I would have done something like this to one of my customers I would be out of business today. I am just pissed and am determined to get my money back
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
there is no way they can keep your money.you didn't even make a deal on a car.i believe you have grounds for litigation.think the salesman had a good time with your money.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4R3D View Post
Find out who owns the dealership, he probably works there mon-fri in his office. Walk in and talk to him, don't deal with the trash on the sales floor.
Deal with the owner.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I am glad that it was not a trade or alot of money thats involved like you experienced. I am happy right now, I got my camaro and the dealer that I went with, sport chevy in silver spring md was just above superior! plus I got a heck of a deal at under invoice! I can leave this alone and take it as a loss since its only 200 bucks but I feel like I got robbed at a gunpoint seriously! I work and have a business dealing with customer service everyday and if I would have done something like this to one of my customers I would be out of business today. I am just pissed and am determined to get my money back
I wouldn't let it go but at the same time don't let it stress you out too much or it will rob you of your time which is of more value than the money.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
J4R3D

Drives: '11 5.0 Order Canceled...
FACT: Dealers cannot keep your deposit if you decide not to take the car.

Take there ass to small claims court.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Go visit your bank and stop payment on the check! It's not a big deal.....
CamarosThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I just received an email from the manager stating that he received the receipt and that he ''put in'' and that it will be sent to me. The funny thing is that I sent him the receipt over 2 weeks ago and I just sent him another copy yesterday, I live about 30 miles from the dealership so Im sure it does not take 2 weeks for a 200 dollars refund to get processed and mailed. Regardless of if they just sent it or not its been over a month so one thing thats certain is that somebody is playing games. I just cant imagine how employees can just get away with something like this. I guess I will just wait another week and see if the check will really arrive. My patient is really running out with these peoples and soon I will make sure that everybody know who these peoples are. I guess I will start with every review sites, forums, than BBB, and finally lawyer and court. I dont appreciate legitimate businesses stealing or playing with customers money. I am in business too and I just couldn't even imagine doing something like this to a customer regardless of how right I think I am or how wrong a customer is. This is just a bad business practice period.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #15
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by grwold View Post
Go visit your bank and stop payment on the check! It's not a big deal.....
I wish I used a check. I gave them straight cash.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
If you don't mind me asking, who is the dealer? I work for Chevy in the Northeast and would be more than happy to get our field team involved to make sure this dealer follows through and returns your deposit. If you don't have it in a few days, PM me with your name and the name of the dealer and we will get involved.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
If you don't mind me asking, who is the dealer? I work for Chevy in the Northeast and would be more than happy to get our field team involved to make sure this dealer follows through and returns your deposit. If you don't have it in a few days, PM me with your name and the name of the dealer and we will get involved.
Thank you hopper. The mgr confirmed that he got the fax after 2 weeks so I will wait another week or so.. I am a very patient guy but not when I know someones trying to get over me.. if I still dont have my money by next week you and everybody will know who they are. Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #18
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
OK, I'm a noob here. Why are deposits refundable? Isn't the whole point of a deposit to demonstrate commitment towards completing a transaction? Is there something statutory about automobile transactions that differs from customary sales agreements?

(I am assuming that the dealer provides a car to the specifications of the person presenting the deposit. If the car doesn't get delivered within some reasonable length of time, I could see the deposit being refundable.)
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
bmorecam
Account Suspended

so if I give you 20 bucks for you to hold a box of cookies for me but if I change my mind does that mean that you get to keep my 20 bucks? in a business sense that is a very bad practice. If I signed a contract and if there was a clause in the contract for you to keep my money than legally you can, but when there was nothing signed and not even any legal papers printed out than you must return my money. I should of never have given u my money if anything. Them being a professional dealer and me being a customer they have to give me my money back and should have a month ago. Maybe this was not a ''deposit'' im still trying to figure out what the hell this was.
This is some outlaw johnny I just got you for your money bull ish!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
Some states have consumer protection laws that let allow a right to revoke a contract within a few days, for large items such as home or auto purchases. I was thinking there may be some further interpretation of that, which also makes deposits refundible on automobiles.

I would agree that if you take this to small claims court, a judge would look skeptically at a professional business that takes advantage of a customer without a written contract provided.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
That sucks! Im glad your getting your money back...at least thats what the dealer says. I think even if you get your money back you should still let other on here know not to fall in that dealers trap. Keep us posted!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #22
GRILLSMASHER

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Make a fuss

Id go up there on my day off and refuse to leave until they give you your 2 hundo (obviouzly have the reciept with you). Id Make a scene so they would calm me down by handin over the $$$. And be rude fu** it theyre tryin to bend u over .

Who cares about there feelings or thoughts.

Go rite now. go. go . go.
1967 Cadillac Calais aka Boss Hawg
GRILLSMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote